Online Radio... Folk & Sea Shanteys

Anybody listen to good web broadcasts that they care to share?

I have been dabbling with live365 the commercials are annoying, and the vip memberships is a little steep (IMHO).

Any others?

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I also have been dabbling with live365 and do not have a membership. Yes, the commercials are annoying but have also found if you listen to it long enough in a day, the program repeats itself. I only listen when I am working on a project (i.e. sewing or prop). Haven't been able to do that lately since my computer is kaput and have been using hubby's. With the holidays, not much creatin' has been done since Halloween. Hopefully I will be able to start soon.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

I've been using Pandora...

http://www.pandora.com/

It lets you select genres of music that you can refine and add to...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Check out Trossen Los out of The Netherlands. The host speaks in Dutch, but he plays maritime music from all over the world. Google "Trossen Los" and "Ad van Eijk" and it will get you to their web page.

Also, Bilgemunky Radio almost every Monday night - and it is free! www.bilgemunky.com

Dean

Bounding Main

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Aye, it's Bilgemunky Radio for me... :rolleyes:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I have traditional folk selected along with specific groups such as Great Big Sea to create the mix I wanted... it took some tweaking until I got what I wanted.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 10 months later...

Yaaar. I'm also a Bilge Munky Knife Fighter.

www.bilgemunky.com

AND

www.bilgemunkyradio.com

Now I may be ignorant of other podcasts but this guy plays the best assortment of pyratyness from all genres. Sounds odd I know, everything from hiphop to metal to folk. Really good stuff and he airs every monday between 6-9pm pacific. He's on some kind of crazy mountain time or something like that. Yaaaaaaar like real pirates go by anything other then eastern or pacific (gulf of mexico doesnt count). HA!