Happy Winter Soltice everyone!

Christine

Yule is from the Norse word Iul meaning 'wheel', marks the death and rebirth of the Sun-God; it also marks the vanquishing of the Holly King, God of the Waning Year, by the Oak King, God of the Waxing Year.

Those in Wicca know what I'm talking about...

Blessed be.

smiley_acbg.gif

Yule is from the Norse word Iul meaning 'wheel', marks the death and rebirth of the Sun-God; it also marks the vanquishing of the Holly King, God of the Waning Year, by the Oak King, God of the Waxing Year.

Very interesting. In the Marshfield Mummer's play (which we presented as part of this year's Christmas Revels, hopefully in not too corrupted a state), they end their performance with a song, the last verse of which is,

"Round and round the Christmas King we march in wind and rain,

Now, give a shout, we'll push him out! and start the year again!"

Sounds like the Christmas King is the Holly King. Thanks for the perspective, Rumba!

Peace, health and joy to you all. :huh: Now this is what I mean when I say "Old Time Religion". :huh: One more cycle to go and Beltain shall be upon us before you can say "May Day."

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

MERRY YULE AND MANY BRIGHT BLESSINGS TO EVERY ONE!!!!

JoyfulYule.jpg

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Aww...I look forward to the days getting longer..and standing out on the lawn in bare feet and shorts to see the full moon.

Happy Solstice and merry (Insert religious holiday of this season) to all

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...