Pirate hunters needed

Hello folks. I've got this new idea that I want to work on. The Pirates of Paynetown event needs an enemy. Pirates fighting pirates isn't as cool as pirates fighting the government! A this year's Pirates of Paynetown, we're expecting a few detachments of Royal Marines to battle the pirates on land. What we need is a few stout sailors to fight them at sea. I have a boat, artillery and a decent amount of weaponry. What I need are cannon fodde-um-I mean hearty lads to fight for King and Country!

What is required of you:

1) Show up to Pirates of Paynetown August 8th, 9th, and 10th near Bloomington, Indiana and fight in both battles

2) Be willing to get in a boat and possibly get wet.

3) Supply yourself with a pair of white canvas slops or trousers, a navy blue jacket, and a good attitude.

What I will provide:

1) At least 1 boat.

2) One 3-pounder naval cannon

3) Pistols, swords, muskets

4) Powder

5) A black silk scarf and tarred canvas hat that you can keep

6) 1 guinea for ship's pay you can also keep

7) A tot of rum for a job well done

(no, you don't get to keep the weapons...)

We already have a small crew of 3, but we need more. It requires 4 people for the boat and 5 for the cannon crew. We also could use a few more for small arms fire. Previous experience with boats or cannon is greatly appreciated and for certain positions it is a must.

Positions that are open:

Gun Crew:

Sponge

Loader/Rammer*

Lighter*

Fire Control

Boat: (Lady Rose)

Swivel Gun*

Oarsman

Oarsman

Plus we'd like to have three-five small arms men.

Women are welcome as long as they wear the uniform and keep hair tied back in a queue.

*Cannon experience/certification needed

We currently have all our officers including:

Commodore of all British Forces (Me)

Leftenant in command of Lady Rose

Gun Captain

We also have at least two detachments of marines.

If you're interested, please let me know either through a private message or by e-mailing me at springwater(at)peoplepc.com.

If this goes well, we might try for some other events and maybe a winter party next year! I have lots of great ideas!

Y.M.H.S.

Commodore Nathanael Logsdon, esq. King's Navy

(Pirate Hunter)

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

A good attitude?? Damnation how can one be a great pyrate hunter and have a good attitude??? Ye must have the worst attitude, everyone must hate ye! Ye must be prepared to do what ever it takes to get the job done... hell ye must send shivers down the spine of any run of the mill pyrate... hey sounds like my crewe.... :unsure:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Ok Capt... What I meant by that was that I don't wanna hear any bitchin' about how hot it is or that you stubbed yer toe on a rock or that yer musket's too heavy...

And if you're too slow and I have to resort to the Articles of War, then you'd better take it with a smile!

Maybe we can hang deserters next year...

Might try to keep up with you guys and have a good flogging to compete with your hangings.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

Oh we have one of those worked out... **wicked grin** We have all the really cool toys... branding irons as well... seriously disturbed bunch we are...but then you know that after last summer... :unsure:B):D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Nate-

As always, if you need hands in the gun crew and I am not other wise engaged with the Great Lakes River Pirates gun (or boat) crews, I am more than willing to throw on my boys clothes and help. I'm trained on all cannon positions, have 6 battles under my belt already (with plans for many many more) and well, I really like to make things go boom! :o

paynetown2a.jpg

See you in August!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

You guys should just take the King's shilling... We'd all have fun...

The King doesn't pay well enough...

but we are willing to discuss helping if the price is right...

;);)

Crewe of the Archangel