Pirate Moms (an Dads)

SeaLegs and I are looking to start a local group in the Maryland area. Pub crawls and mass drinking are not our thing since most of the time we have our powder monkeys and cabin boys with us. This also means that it would be family oriented.

Want to get together sharing ideas on outfitting (sewing both fantasy and authentic), props and music. Also want to go as a group to various local events.

Send me a PM if interested. B)B)

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

tis good to see wee ones introduced to the cause. Might i suggest blackbeards pirate festival (formerly the hampton blackbeard festival) may 31 and june 1. About a four hour trip from baltimore. is indeed a kid friendly event. The highlight is the only reenactment of the battle of ocracoke.

-dutch

if yer group ever wants to come hang out at events with the Archangel crew, always feel welcome, we are family oriented and I think have more kids than adults in the group. We take turn doing the pub crawls and balls/later night parties/balls, while some adults hang back in camp and keep an eye on the kids... that way the kids get to play and so do the adults... we also keep em busy doing period correct things for their age... so when you get yer group going... you're invited to meet up with us at events.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Want to get together sharing ideas on outfitting (sewing both fantasy and authentic)

Oh Oh Oh...... I was trying to figure something else out, when I came up with a really cool idea for childrens Pyrate garb.....

I might have to draw it out........ but basicaly..... it's drawstring slops... but they wouldn't look like they had a drawstring waist..... the drawstring is attached at the center front, and where the slops tie in back would be a button hole so the waisteband could be adjusted as the child grows..... with slops, they would just get shorter, but with this waisteband, they would still look right, but be adjustable as they grew......

Another thought..... what about a childs "garb exchange".... when they grow outta something, send it to another child in the Pub..... save the parents a lot of work keeping growing children properly garbed.......

Both are great ideas Patrick... We already practice the passing down of garments to the other families in the Archangel crew.... IF the garments survive the original child! ;) I highly recommend it...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Aye Patrick since I have three of the rugrats runnings around ages 9, 10 & 14. I really do find it handy to past down the pirate garb. The only one I have to worry about is the 14 year old and we are working on an outfit for him. He wants to help so we shall see.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

He wants to help so we shall see.

Teach him how to sew....Kinda like .... teach someone how to fish..... kinda thing....

Sailors knew how to sew..... sewing ain't just a girl kinda thing..... (and it is soo dang usefull to know how to do......)

At 14 he may worry about it..... just teach him that men have known how to sew for a really long time.....

I'm the one that gets to teach the 14 yr old boy to sew...I just have to keep him focused (ADHD) and not lose my patience. Me thinks we will start with the pants first since sleeves an shirts are a bit tricky. Luckily I have two sewing machines. I'll let him use my older one (a Brother). It would have to be a time with no one else around to distract like his siblings or cousin. We will see.

Mad Woman Cheryl

Cheryl, Last time I looked, this was still a family-run pyrate ship, and..we may or may not be at Hampton, but we are planning on heading up the Chesapeake on our way to Canada, so feel free to bring them kids aboard anywhere you kin find us..Keep a weather eye, eh?.. We are currently hangin' in Beaufort, NC again this winter....

:blink:

Cheryl, Last time I looked, this was still a family-run pyrate ship, and..we may or may not be at Hampton, but we are planning on heading up the Chesapeake on our way to Canada, so feel free to bring them kids aboard anywhere you kin find us..Keep a weather eye, eh?.. We are currently hangin' in Beaufort, NC again this winter....

:unsure:

Royaliste, that sounds great! Let us know when you'll be heading up the Chesapeake so's we can make plans to meet (after all this time). I,m in Baltimore but can drive to Annapolis. I sure would love to see me namesake in person. Hope to talk to ya soon!

Mad Woman Cheryl