It's Snowing

Up late and celebratin by meself. Snow is falling and the woods around the house is deathly still. If it weren't for mass consumption of rum, I would go fer a stroll through the woods like I used to before gettin older an havin a family to look after. Finals are done and now I get to relax fer a bit before tackling the honey-do's that I didn't during the course of this semester. :D

I love the snow, but momma nature can shove that friggin ice up her...

Anyhow, just ramblin on through a rum drunk that I earned from bein a good student. My Pappy can't figger out why I almost flunked outta high scholl and can get a 4.0 gpa and maintain it for three whol semesters. Damn I'm gettin dizzy. Better go before I fall out.

I'll bet this will be fun to read later when the hangover wears off! :D

Rhum-Bo! (For tonite anywhoo)

Just fer th' record.....

I HATE SNOW..... icky cold stuff, an I gots ter shouvle it outta the drive way if I wanna go anywhere.......

Don't ski or snowboard..... throw a snowball or two..... but snow is skill icky cold stuff.......

I hates it I does......

If I didn't have rum.... I'd hate it even more.......

A toast for Capt Bo

margarita_1-thumb.jpg

Patrick ye need t' move South! :D

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Thankee Kindly Red Cat M'Lady! A snow-tini! ;)

If you've never walked through the woods on a night with the snow falling, or stalked a deer with a longbow in the virgin snow you're missing some of the most tranquil moments nature offers. I cannot properly describe it, but it is comparable to walking the ramparts of a historic fortress alone at night, or standing the mid-watch on the fantail of a ship at sea under blackout conditions. Those nights at sea alone on watch really make a person realize how insignificant one human is in relation to the earth!

SNOWBALLS! INCOMING!!! thump thump splat! ;)

Bo

Captain Bo you describe that so well...I can almost feel the cold air burning my lungs, the wind nipping at my cheeks and feel the absolute peace of the forest, the smell of the pine, and the crunch of my own steps in new fallen snow...Down here we get slush, Ice, slush, Ice and random snow and more slush....*sighs*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I have an electric snowblower now.

My father got himself a huge self propelled JohnDeere snowblower when he moved out to the country. He gave me the small electric I got him a few years earlier. Didn't want him shoveling the snow at over 60.

We have had lots of snow up here in Ontario Canada over the last few weeks.

It's great to sit in the hot tub with a warm wide brim hat and a hot drink (with lots of rum) and watch the snow fall... very seasonal.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

I moved out of Toronto to get away from the snow.... Not that Toronto gets anywhere near as much snow as you do out in Kingston. But apparently I didn't move far enough south, as we got quite a bit of snow today here in Ohio, and now it is raining, and by morning I am going to have to drive home on an elongated skating rink that is normally a road. ;)

I don't mind the snow to look at, specially over the holidays. But being out in the cold never sat well with me. I have to remember to go out and get some rum tomorrow so I can make some hot toddies... ;)

Michael_banner.jpg

ah, Bo... I'd enjoy doin' the same... walk in the woods. Alas, not many good woods around us... worse... there be ice and fallen trees and branches all over. Luckily the fallen power lines are back up.

Now it's snowing here, too. All on top of the ice we have.

I have to admit, though. The trees look pretty. They've all turned to crystal!

HAHAHA... Michael.. you could move to the waste land called Iowa!!! Where it's bad weather nigh every day and constant bombardments of Political adds from every freakin' candidate running for President! ;)

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

HAHAHA... Michael.. you could move to the waste land called Iowa!!! Where it's bad weather nigh every day and constant bombardments of Political adds from every freakin' candidate running for President! ;)

~Lady B

;)

Iowa? I'm not even sure I could find that on a map... ;) and I'm not sure I could stand to move any further away from the "mother ship" ;) ... At least living in Ohio I can drive back to visit every once in a while....

As for political ads, see plenty of those living in Downtown Toronto, remember Canada has three or four genuine parties that are all really genuine contenders in our elections, on top of the numerous smaller political parties that all seem to focus on the urban areas... Walk down any street in Toronto in the months leading up to an election and you will see no less than 5 or 6 parties advertised , and that doesn't even go into the various possible representatives for each of those parties.

But this ramble is starting to get a bit off track... Back to snow.... Pretty, yeah, cold and unpleasant, hell yeah! ;) But as much as I hate the cold, I do really enjoy lacing on some skates (ice skates not in-lines) and taking a few zips around the ice once and a while. Maybe a friendly game of hockey. And in case in of you want to know what a friendly game of hockey is like, the main difference in friendly hockey and the NHL stuff is, we stop the fights before there is blood in the friendly games. ;)

Michael_banner.jpg

If you've never walked through the woods on a night with the snow falling

Aye I have..you can almost hear your heartbeat and can certainly hear that almost inaudible sound of snowflakes landing softly. That is a true moment of peace.

Then Bo comes along with snowballs * duck! *

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Here in the Alleghenies it's been snowing now for about 8 hours there is almost 10 inches of snow on the porch and I don't bother shoveling I'll clear off the steps & just keep the jeep in 4wheel drive and go....enjoying it this eve we were out and about visiting friends took a friend home about 50 miles away because she can't drive .....enjoyed the drive but hated to see the flatlanders who can't drive in it do stupid crap....and wind up spinning out or flipping their cars ....enjoying some irish coffee and watching the snow falling

OHIO, yeppers if'n yer don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and its sure to change.

Of course, you know you live in ohio by the four seasons - near winter, winter, searing humidity and construction.

and you know you are in ohio if'n you have ever gone from air conditioning to heat back to air conditioning in one day!

yes these are from Foxworthy's list but, bein born 'nd raised in Ohio trust me they are all true.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I don't mind snow when I'm in it 'cause I can put the truck in 4-wheel and head back to Florida!

However I am an outdoorsman and one of the most glorious times I ever had in the great out was when I experienced one of the rarest of storms: a lightning snowstorm. In a tent in the Great Smokies, just after twilight but not yet full dark a snowstorm blew in with lightning. Every time a bolt went off, the whole world went white and there was not a shadow to be seen with the light bouncing off the snow on the ground and in the air. It was like being inside a lightning bolt. Amazing.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

It's snowing to beat the band (whatever that means) this morning in southeastern MI. I like snow when it's fresh. Everything sounds like it has weight - it sounds different. All that white fluff covering up the scrubby, bedraggled ground. You can hear the crunch of your boots packing the snow down everywhere you go. I don't even mind moving the stuff (now that I have a snowblower and a nice, short driveway.) They said it was going to snow several nights ago and it didn't. I was sort of disappointed when I woke up to another view out the window of sleeping trees, mottled, month-old leaves and barren ground. Today, everything is fresh and new.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I had ta go to the company christmas party yesterday afternoon;(our re-enactment civil war company that is.) I'm the farthest out from the unit at 78 miles from the meeting place. I do love the snow, and driving in it is normally no problem for me, but in total agreement with Callenish, some folks ought not to go out if they havent got the gear and know how. At one point visibility was less than 100 yards and slick as hell. Some idiots still try to drive the 70 mph speed limit on the main highway and I got to witness 4 spinouts, and counted 18 off in the median and on the sides in the last thirty miles. Serves em right!

We had a grand time and I held back on the libations to make the drive back home. The Chaplain tried to get me to stay over til mornin but I love an adventure! On the way home the state trucks damn near killed me twice by hangin over the centerline of the highway halfway leaving me nothing but a snow and ice covered shoulder to retreat to. Got my adventure! Still love it though.

Bo

Snow.  Pooey.

The very first snowfall or snow for Christmas is very nice.  The rest of it can just stay the heck away.

A bit far north for that additude aren't you lass?

:huh: Believe me it's not by choice that we continue to live here. Although it could be worse, we could be in Buffalo or Syracuse. They seem to get pounded and us Rochester folks seem to miss a lot of it. Some consolation, we still get over 100 inches a year.

I used to not mind so much but with all my back issues the snow and cold keeps me locked up in the house most of the winter. My snow bunny days are long gone.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

My snow bunny days are long gone.

MMMM! Bunnies in the snow converted to bunnies in the stew! :huh:

Think I'll go try to do that later today. I haven't had a batch of haussenfeffer for many moons!

And THE SUN IS OUT! :huh:

A balmy 18 degrees out there and sunshine! Good day fer a swim at the beach! :huh:

Bo

On one hand I'm kinda lucky.... they keep Hwy 4 clear (So the skiers can get up to Bear Valley)

But the stretch of driveway to Hwy4 is in the shade, so it stays ic(k)y all Winter.....

So far it hasn't been bad (yet).... but I still don't look forward to the snow.....

A bit far north for that additude aren't you lass?

:huh: Believe me it's not by choice that we continue to live here. Although it could be worse, we could be in Buffalo or Syracuse.

LOL! Ladies...I lived in Syracuse for almost 20 years....and yes, we've had times that the National Gaurd had to be called out and 'dig out' the city!

That is the one thing I do miss about how Upstate NY handle the snow storms. Here...they do very little prep work on the roads and highways until AFTER the storm... Foolish in my book!

When a storm is coming you get your arses out there and start the prep work (sand/salt/...whatever)!

As for the white stuff...I love it!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"