2007 PiP Recap

hurricane

Since 2007 has now passed, I thought I'd start a new thread where pub members could talk about their experiences, the things they did, the people they met, and their lasting members.

I will post more later, but I think anyone there would agree that this year's event was amazing, thanks to the hard work of many here and the local Bone Island Buccaneers and Harry and gang at the fort. I was blown away by the attendance and the new ideas that are being implemented.

Since I have never been to Ojai, I think I can say that Pirates in Paradise is the best festival east of the Mississippi for pillaging your guts out. Can't wait till next year. I know we're already planning some new things for our representation there.

So, thoughts? memories? Such?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all:

A big THANK YOU for your participation in the event!!!!!

Only 364 days until Pirates in Paradise '08.

And, before you get in a ruckus about my avatar, just remember you need the bloody English to keep from fightin' amongst yerselves! ;)

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Good to hear, oh Master at Arms. Plannin' to crack your skull open there next year in the tavern...

-- Your Captain

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

I will post pictures (and video links) soon, but let me just say I have done 5 years of PIP and this was by far the best!

Major kudos to the Bone Island Buccaneers! While the festival has always been great and had the best of intentions in the past, there was only so much the handful of people could do alone and the Bone Island crew jumped in(and gave up a large portion of their lives in recent months) to take the festival to a completely new level!

By the way...anyone from the Bone Island Gang, how many injuries does Nigel have after his tussle with my alter ego, Mary Read? I came home with new scars and bruises, but it was damn fun!!!! If anyone has good picks of me falling on my arse (with Nigel in tow) or the rest of him trying to drag me into the cell, I would LOVE them!!!!

Harry, as always, a pleasure to be allowed the chance to visit your fort. I loved waking up to the sunrises over the fort walls, truly a sight to behold. Thanks for making all this happen and offering so much hospitality!

William, Great job on coordinating this pub to get their butts moving and set up camp, it was a fabulous turnout, and a joy to meet so many people from here. I was only sorry we could not stick around to take the pub photo... we had a long drive (got in around 7 this morning.... ugh....)

I hope you all enjoyed the souvenir wines that we did. We thought they were cute and hoped you would too.

I will have more thoughts to come!

Diosa De Cancion

Pyrates of the Coast

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Harry, I don't know how the other vegetarian pirates felt about the closing feast (presuming there are other vegetarian pirates), but I felt I got my $5 worth. There was plenty of stuff I could eat.

Also, if the careening camp is in the same place next year (and it would be really, really nice if it was - I think it's a great location), it would be nice to close the parking lot (which I understood we couldn't this year) and stage the battle across it. There's a great view from the top of the fort in that direction and it would draw more attention to the encampment as people watched the battle.

Plus we (the pub people) should make up some signs directing people from the fort entrance down that path along the fort leading to the encampment so they know they don't have to walk through the parking lot. Plus we should put dead pirates in gibbets on the path. (Wouldn't that be cool, Keith and Lily of the many Buckys? I'll provide my 3 Buckys...now there's a project I can contribute to. It would also be fun to explain the undead Buckys to airport security.) And the gibbet pirates would fit right in with the 3 artwork skeleton pirates in the moat. It would be really cool (and more likely to prevent theft of the skeletons) if we could hang the gibbets from the fort wall over the moat somehow...hmm...

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Yeah, we sort of didn't think about our participants who are vegetarian. That will be remedied for '08.

Have to think about the closure of the parking lot. That spot is one of the most popular places for our visitors to park. I doubt my boss would approve, but then again one doesn't know until posing the question.

Extra signage highlighting the Careening Camp would also add to our visitor's experiences--especially those who are only there for the beach. I think it would be an enticement to get them into the fort.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

-------

We had a download meeting last night here with the entire crewe and think we have a solution to the careening camp/fort connection and how to cycle visitors back and forth. Master Studley is drawing the idea up so you can review it Harry.

One of the ideas I know he came up with was to pitch a few additional tents beachside in front of the fort so it looks like the pirates are housed there. It adds to the photo opps and creates a good place to stage the cannon before the event. It also makes more sense for the scenario since it keeps visitors eyes on the field and not on the parking lot if it can't be closed. I think the closing the lot would be tough regardless since the parking will become an issue once several thousand people visit the event each day in a couple years :)

We are also working on several new edutainment pieces, several for the Pyrates of the Coast pub and one or two for the parade ground area. Touche wants to drill children in proper military orders to prepare them for the militia (what else would a Marine Sargeant want to do?). We have a bunch of kiddie muskets Disney gave us they can use and Studley has the tricorns. Gives the kids something to do and gives photo opps to the parents.

The goal is to have something always going on so people stay the day because they are there at 11 but really want to see something at 4. The added activities keep them amused, such as the great games that were there this year. I would recommend adding musicians to the tented area by the stage (the stage being pretty hot to perform on)...

Again, we will be shipping you (Harry) some thoughts on this from our crewe and sharing them here as well for others to build onto, add to, etc.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Yeah, we sort of didn't think about our participants who are vegetarian. That will be remedied for '08.

Actually, I was very happy with the yellow rice, corn and plantains. The folks were extremely generous in providing me with veggie stuff. I don't know that you need to change anything at all.

Extra signage highlighting the Careening Camp would also add to our visitor's experiences--especially those who are only there for the beach. I think it would be an enticement to get them into the fort.

So would skeletons in gibbets (or other displays) along the path leading there. (I do such things for fun for local haunted houses. See my Drunken Pirate, Pirate Prisoner and (for fun), Jack the Monkey props. Keith and Haunting Lily - who were in the careening camp - also do Haunted House stuff. (Incidentally, Buckys are affordable skeletons))

Hurricane...if you decide to do activities inside the fort all day, M.A.d'Dogge had an idea for a surgeon operating routine that would be part comical/ part realistic and explanational that I might be willing to do with him. It would be a good thing to do after the battle when we have fresh patients. It would probably run about 10-20 minutes or so. I intend to get more surgical gear for next year now that I know what I need. (I think.) I do presentations all the time and would be very comfortable with this role.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Harry and the Friends of the Fort along with the Bone Island Bucs created a wonderful stage for us this year. I hope next year to use it to it's full potential. A large overhead canvas tarp and more maritime/ judical props. A large hanging signboard with times for presentations and other events will work nice. M.A.d'Dogge and Mission's surgical demonstrations, William Red Wake discussing shipbuilding and drafting, Foxe (hint hint) with his wealth of GAoP knowledge, and many many more would contribute much to this great festival.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Hurricane...if you decide to do activities inside the fort all day, M.A.d'Dogge had an idea for a surgeon operating routine that would be part comical/ part realistic and explanational that I might be willing to do with him. It would be a good thing to do after the battle when we have fresh patients. It would probably run about 10-20 minutes or so. I intend to get more surgical gear for next year now that I know what I need. (I think.) I do presentations all the time and would be very comfortable with this role.

That would be great. I think if we have something going on regularly with breaks in between, it will keep people there. I think the surgery thing would be grand, and then answer questions about how surgery was performed then using "state of the art" tools. :)

I think we're going to do more presentations in our period tavern. Diosa and I have been working through a list of presentations:

1) The Life of Henry Morgan - Buccaneer

2) Port Royal - (we have a terrific PowerPoint of this with artifacts and such)

3) Storytime for the Kids - with tall tales from the many sea rovers in attendance who may have a story to tell.

4) Period Games - We will be teaching Passage, Sweat Rag and Bankafalet

5) And we'll do the sugar cane pressing again.

It's a mix of education and entertainment - edutainment I guess.

I think the addition of these kinds of things (re-enactment, entertainment and edutainment) will really add to the flavor of the event overall and keep people there all day and wanting to come back the next to see what we're up to. With some many talented people here it will be easy. I really like Studley's ideas for other presentations by the Careening Camp.

Perhaps also a session on knot tying and such. Period navigation would be cool too. Whatever each person's interests are. These could be done out at the Careening Camp so we can get people to go out there for specific presentations and seeing a working camp.

I would love to see a gun demonstration too, so people can learn the difference between a matchlock, doglock, flintlock, blunderbuss, et. al.

This is just great to hear so many ideas from so many talented folks! :)

I am very excited about next year!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I will collect all of the ideas thus far and present them to the Bucs tomorrow night when we have our first "official" post-mortem meeting.

Good ideas all--these are exactly the ideas we are seeking to make '08 and beyond better!

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

-------

Yes more stuff going on in the careening camp! Perhaps after the battle, you have demonstrations going on down there. To keep the flow of traffic with what is going on. I would try not to have to many conflicts so people move with the event.

Come in the morning see a few vendors.

Watch a battle after grabbing lunch.

Head down the the camps for gun and surgery demo's. Maybe period cooking demos too.

Just a thought.

We had a blast!! I'm still just excited to have gone and I can't wait till next year.

I wanted to let everyone who attended this year's PiP know how much I really enjoyed the experience. It's great to be part of such wonderful people , who care so much for one another. The enormous talent we saw from Cascabel, Braze, William Red Wake, Spike and the Bone Island Buccaneers, Tom and Susan w/ Oreo, Finbar, and of course Bawdy Bee. I was happy to see again Patrick and so glad Don made it down. It was a pleasure to share drinks with my new mates, Stinky Tudor, Mission, Bilge Monkey, Silkie, Captain Sterling, Silver Hawk, Amanjiria, Capatain Jim, Mary Diamond, and Nigel. To all my other mates whose names have been erased by the weekend's elixers, I hope to see you again around the campfires and pubs. My family, The Pyrates of the Coast, who work so hard to create the most amazing events, I pledge my services for all time. Julie and all of her help making sure we have this weekend in Key West. And to Harry and his "Merry Rangers", thanks for allowing these wonderful pirates to invade their park and help us create our own true paradise! To all the Seadogs who come in 2008, warm fires, cold drinks, and the greatest time of their lives awaits!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

PiP was a blast, literally as well as figuratively. Thanks and congratulations to Harry, the Bone Island Buccaneers, Fayma and Tony and all the rest. Wow.

First, an apology. To all of you that I didn’t get to meet and shake your hand, all I can say is that I meant to but was just busy having too much fun doing all there was to do. This especially goes out to Stynky Tudor: each time I saw him I was running to a battle or something and didn’t stop. My fault. Maybe it was the rhum.

To all careening camp pyrates: Well done mates. Best looking bunch of pyrates as I’ve ever seen and all of ‘em generous and stout-hearted to boot.

Once again, Tony and Fayma Callahan outdid themselves with their generosity and kindness. Twenty pyrates from last year were made into posters and hung (sorry mates) all over town. Those posters were reserved for the pyrates on them when the gathering was over. Of course these pyrates had to discover where they were in order to claim them, so the treasure hunt was on! I was one of those poster pyrates. When I went to take what was mine from the proprietor of the Shirley Can’t Surf shop, I found that he was loathe to part with it. In fact when I told him that I was there to take the poster, you would have thought I was taking a puppy or something, so crestfallen was the look on his face. The owner (Skip) told me that they had planned to permanently mount the poster over the cash register and had taken it down only minutes before to keep it from being harmed. His thought on seeing me enter the shop was that I had come to autograph it! So I let him keep it and autographed it, too. If you’re ever in Key West, I’ll be overlooking the register at Shirley Can’t Surf. Come see me.

Over 8,000 photographs (no, that’s not a typo) will begin to be uploaded to the Callahan’s site after they arrive home next weekend. I’ve seen a bunch of ‘em and they are to die for. Tony also caught a green flash at sunset and a much rarer cyan flash off of the same sunset. And some of the biggest damn muzzle flashes I’ve ever seen. So don’t be getting impatient, they’ll be up soon.

Harry found us more English to kill this year and, their ranks bolstered by the pyrate hunters from the Archangel, it was almost an even fight this year. We Pyrates ultimately won, of course. Mission has already described the battles in the play-by-play thread, so I won’t do it again here except to say that the scenarios were much better this year as Harry was open to additions and suggestions, readily incorporating them into the script (Scripts? We don’t need no stinking scripts!) The ransom of William Brand and the issuance of pardons on Saturday was added during muster just before firing began and yet successfully communicated to three separate forces. Improv at its best.

Special thanks to Flintlock Jack (Amanjira). Because of him we will have a film of this year. I don’t know how many hours he has to edit with, but it must be huge. Also, he and William were photographing like madmen, so add a couple more thousand shots to the total. This has got to be the most well-photographed and filmed of pyrate gatherings, period. As well it should be. We look good.

Also, it turns out that Jack plays most of the musical instruments known to man, including a ripping good blues harmonica and this weird African flower pot. I hope we got a picture of that.

More thanks to Jack’s parents. They ran the camp and cooked for all. Not only that, they were silly enough to volunteer for next year. And Jack’s sister is a blacksmith and made most of the camp cooking utensils. I say we keep ‘em all. (Where does all this talent come from?)

The Archangel crew has got to be the most congenial lot on the face of the planet. It’s a good thing, too, as if they weren’t we would all hate them for looking as smashing as they do (bunch o’ prickety stitchers, that’s what they are.) Sterling is one of the best at improvising that I’ve ever seen, the taking of a picnic on the battleground on Sunday and the Ransom of William being just two examples. And congratulations to Mark, for getting the doubloon in the grouper’s mouth on the first try. (Damn, I just remembered I didn’t give Mary Diamond those extra flints. Oops.) Just watch your shoes, swords, guns, clothing etcetera around this lot. They take things. Now if it’s Sterling that takes something, just walk up from the left, as he is blind in that eye. Just ask Patrick.

Thanks to Mission for the play-by-play. Drunken reporting at it’s best. Just don’t let him operate on you: no one that buttons up his waistcoat improperly should be a surgeon.

Special thanks to William, without whose diplomacy, tact and organizational skills this would not have been half what it was. He was also there on Tuesday working his butt off all week to make things smooth. Bravo, mate. Maybe this is why Jesus showed up in your tent. Now tell us how it was that you were taken prisoner and chained to a tree all day Saturday by three pyrate-hunting children?

There are so many stories to tell. Over the course of the next couple of weeks more will be revealed. Just one last note. For the parade we had a float that looked sort of Pyraty, a ship with a big ol’ skull figurehead and all. Greg Hudson of the Weeping Heart Trade Company and I were standing there looking at it when Greg noted that it looked as if it had been through a great battle: topmasts gone, rigging in disarray, sails in shreds. I replied that yes, it was battered but at least it was still afloat.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

So, thoughts? memories? Such?

William being held ransome :D (I was one of the Pyrate hunters from The Archangel's crew and was one of a few in charge of watching the prisoner). That was fun! Even though William did find out a few ways to excape from his chains a couple times :D lol.

This was my first PiP and I loved IT!! I will be back next year, even if I have to hitch hike! :D well not really but. I'd like to thank everyone who work there butts off to make it happen!

I do really like the idea of surgery demos and cooking demos.

115DSCF05041-Copy.jpg

Special thanks to Flintlock Jack (Amanjira). Because of him we will have a film of this year. I don’t know how many hours he has to edit with, but it must be huge.

More thanks to Jack’s parents. They ran the camp and cooked for all. Not only that, they were silly enough to volunteer for next year. And Jack’s sister is a blacksmith and made most of the camp cooking utensils. I say we keep ‘em all. (Where does all this talent come from?)

The Archangel crew has got to be the most congenial lot on the face of the planet. It’s a good thing, too, as if they weren’t we would all hate them for looking as smashing as they do (bunch o’ prickety stitchers, that’s what they are.) Sterling is one of the best at improvising that I’ve ever seen, the taking of a picnic on the battleground on Sunday and the Ransom of William being just two examples.

Hear hear!

Thanks to Mission for the play-by-play. Drunken reporting at it’s best. Just don’t let him operate on you: no one that buttons up his waistcoat improperly should be a surgeon.

And not just once...at least three times. You should see my sutures...

. . .an apology. To all of you that I didn’t get to meet . . . Stynky Tudor: each time I saw him I was running to a battle or something and didn’t stop. My fault. Maybe it was the rhum. . .

Hey no worries shipmate! I remember seeing you a few times as well, but either you were on your way somewhere or I was. Plus not spending much time here on the Pub, I didn't really expect to meet very many from it.

Everyone seemed to be running around and I hardly stepped foot inside the fort. I got shanghaied by Cascabel, put out to sea on the Wolf and forced ta fire upon passing ships and on the fort with cannon and me pistol.

- Truly horrible I know, hehehe. I must have gone through about a can and a half of powder and several flints for my pistol alone. Special thanks goes out to Master Stoodley, ok Studley for the extra flint and Braze for the extra powder and lend of a priming flask.

On the second day I wandered around the fort a bit and took part in the ground assault on the fort from outside. - Pirates lost and the wolf showed up late that day.

Then during the few evenings we had it was pretty crazy, trying to chat with people, make out and recognize faces in the dark - new and old. . . we really could have used a bit more after hours light.

But I was shocked as hell after Lilly, Edward, Mission, Silkie and Stoodley encouraged me to be in the Pyracy Pub picture and I saw that so many people at the event were from Pyracy Pub. That was f***ing amazing!

In fact I didn't even get around to meeting Harry until the evening of the last day at the end of the event when I tracked him down to finally pick-up the cutlass that I had sent UPS. . . I never did turn in my signed registration form. - doh!

I just wish that I had taken the opportunity to meet and greet most of you online here at the Pub before the event.

Those of you I met for the first time and those of you I met again as old friends, it was a pleasure and I look forward to doing it again - hopefully sooner than later. It was truly an incredible event and I thoroughly enjoyed meself.

First of all, there aren't enough words to describe all of the wonderful and amazing experienes I had at PIP this year. As a first timer, not only did I feel welcomed but I truely felt like I belonged and was among friends.

In no particular order, some of my highlights include:

The sunset cruise onboard the Wolf. Not only did I shoot my first weapons with Stynky and Cascabel (Again, many thanks to both of you), but hamming it up with Stynky for the other passengers was priceless ;)

Stealing Captain Sterling's shoes and sword. :o . (Well, he wouldn't be needin them anymore), and the look on M.A.dDogge's face when I took his blunderbuss :D

Trying to rescue William from the tree. (It's a good thing those kids are on our side).

Walking on the beach and sitting around the campfire until the wee hours in the morning sharing stories, laughter and listening to incredible music. Amanjaria is just amazing and Silkie really does have a voice like silk.

Walking in the Holiday Parade and trying to toss a quarter in that stupid fishes mouth. I'll get it next year.

Watching the crew of the Archangel storm the rocks on the beach.

Turkish coffee at sunset.

Participating in the battles and stealing shoes :D

Best of all was meeting my fellow pub mates. Your stories, humor, experience, knowledge and willingness to share information made this not only a fantastic week but a wonderful learning experience as well. Thank You one and all.

:D;);):D:D;):huh::huh::huh:

Congratulations and Thank You to all of you that made this event happen. I can't wait until next year.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Special thanks to William, without whose diplomacy, tact and organizational skills this would not have been half what it was. He was also there on Tuesday working his butt off all week to make things smooth. Bravo, mate. Maybe this is why Jesus showed up in your tent. Now tell us how it was that you were taken prisoner and chained to a tree all day Saturday by three pyrate-hunting children?

Oi, Mr. Brand, just leave out the bit about that last night in Barcelona...or there will be the scold's bridle along with the tree and fetters...

AGGGGGGGGGGGG MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY FFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Just arrived back home after a twenty three hour drive and snow.... horrors... will post more once the coma passes but I just want to say thank you to everyone involved in setting up a cracking good event.... and to meeting the best bunch of people I think I have ever had the honor to meet! Because of you lot, I am already excited about PiP 2008 and hopefully, your appearance at Blackbeard's, Lockhouse, and whatever else I can possibly drag you all out to. William and I were up to the wee hours... aye, remember NO one gets any sleep at PiP except Patrick, already scheming for our next get together...

You folks are the BEST and it was a tremendous privilege not only getting to meet you face to face, but being able to play alongside you all and getting to know you better! No matter how great one's kit is, it pales compared to folks with big hearts! You are the best!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Here Here!

Capt Sterling, you have a mighty fine crew, and while I only had a few seconds to chat with you (As I was swamped in both our booth and tavern) everyone I encountered in your crewe were a pleasure to chat with!

I too am looking forward to next year, and a chance to expand on the great things I saw over the weekend.

I do believe Harry has spoiled us, now I'll be going to other events throughout the year thinking 'this is nice... but no PIP...."

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Damn it to Hell! I knew this would happen - and dear Goddess...you haven't even met the WHOLE Crewe of the Archangel (lucky you!)...

Sorry to say I just found out that the dates for next year's venture clash with another important event - But fear not...We are looking into other dates for the other event. I cannot miss PIP next year!

Captain! What's this about Barcelona?! Are you carrying on in a manner unfit for a man of your position? Wait till your Father hears about this!

Oh, and was any one else defiled?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Sterling casts a warning glance at Brand.... **rattles shackles**

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Here Here!

Capt Sterling, you have a mighty fine crew, and while I only had a few seconds to chat with you (As I was swamped in both our booth and tavern) everyone I encountered in your crewe were a pleasure to chat with!

Well Lady, thank ye most heartily for the grand compliment but ye are far too kind regarding the scum in my crewe... but then my lads are a fair sight better than William's slovenly Mercury crewe... Went to bed early, slept in late... gee one could have robbed them blind... oh, wait, I did.... Still wish we had moved William's tent every night before he retired, oh well, next year ;):D:D;):D

I too wish we could have had a better chance to sit and chat, somewhat hard with young ones that need to be in the hammock by a certain time when everyone else is wandering over to the pub, but there you have it. My word, I never even got a drink until Sunday evening!!! Horrors!

I did enjoy the trial. You, my dear, are a force to be reckoned with!!! Well done indeed!!

Crewe of the Archangel

but then my lads are a fair sight better than William's slovenly Mercury crewe... Went to bed early, slept in late... gee one could have robbed them blind... oh, wait, I did.... Still wish we had moved William's tent every night before he retired, oh well, next year  ;)   ;)   ;)   ;)   ;)

Hmmmmm................

Quartermaster, are you gonna let Sterling get away with that??? It's high time someone stands up to those Archangel scum. :D;):D :

:D

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/