Has anyone seen the short "The Video Pirates"?

Nigel

I saw a short film titled "The Video Pirates" some years ago (when videotape pirating was a big issue), as a preamble to a feature movie. It was hilarious, and I am trying to remember what movie it was with.

I believe it was a Python, or possibly a Terry Gilliam movie. The short was very Gilliam-esque.

Has anybody else seen this, and does anyone remember what movie it was with?

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Hmmmmm...probably not the same one you are thinking of...but the Python remark reminded me of the opener to "The Meaning of Life" with the Corporate Raiders....their offices sailing into Downtown, shooting file cabinet drawers at corporations and then boarding them. LOL... :blink:

Look forward to seeing if someone remembers what you are looking for...would love to see it!

Captain of The Morrighan.

Yes, it is quite reminiscent of the classic from "Meaning of Life".

Actually, this has a bit more of a (Captain) "Hook" feel to it. [Hm...that left some room for innuendo....]

I think it may have actually been intended as a public service announcement, just done in a satirical way.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

'Twere brilliant. The title comes up "The Video Pirates"

cut to a scene of a broadside, and the pirates boarding the ship, cutting down everyone in sight. Makes the captain walk the plank.

Then enters the pirate captain, a striking figure, (very Hook-esque) and they break down the door to the captain's cabin. Inside is filled with videotapes floor to ceilin'. The pirates gasp with joy and begin plunderin'.

"Make all the illegal copies ye want, me hearties!" epxclaims the captain.

One of the pirates puts a tape in the VCR. Up comes the FBI warning.

The captain (mockingly) exclaims "Ohhhhhh....I am soooo scared!"

Then they all bust out laughing.

It was bloody brilliant.

Arrgh.

:huh: