Play by play at PiP

Maeve O'Treasaigh

Ok, about the battle the trusty, reliable, compassionate ship's surgeon missed...it was like this...um... See, a wonderful fellow who goes by the name of Boo arrived Wednesday morning and set up up camp. His camp is really a sight too - he used bamboo poles for all of his equipment and has a neat little setup rife with details. Even the box to hide his cooler looks spot on. We got to talking, Boo and I, and he starts raving about the Cracked Conch on the island. Even though I am a 15 trip (or so) veteran of Key West, I had never had cracked conch. So I says to Boo, "Boo, next time you're going out for cracked conch, let me know because I want to try it."

Well, the day was a might slow and lazy yesterday and Boo suddenly looks up and says "Cracked conch!" It was about 1 in the afternoon according to my insulin pump clock and so I figured we would have plenty of time because the place he mentioned was right across the street from the wonderful Blue Heaven restaurant which is about two blocks from the road leading to the road leading to the encampment. (This is not as far as it sounds.) So we went and the place was closed. "II know another place in town." says Boo, so off we go. Well, town is a further drive and parking is nightmarish. By the time we got our food and got seated, I had lost all track of time. Yeah. My insulin pump has to be hidden under my garb, see?

We got to yarning and all thoughts of battle fly from my head. Boo is a fascinating old fellow. Those of you who read my email success newsletter will hear a great deal more about him because he's done some fascinating things. His philosophy is basically, 'You have to try new things.' Boo showed up at the site this year all by himself (although his wife was coming in last night) having never done a pirate period tent encampment and laid out this amazing setup. (He lurks here a bit, I think, but the signing up process has apparently stymied him.)

Anyhow....those of you who have been reading this already know what happened, right? The only ship's surgeon missed the battle because he was having lunch. On top of everything else, my pump clock, which slips alarmingly given the fact that it is supposed to be a precise medical instrument. According to it, we arrived at 2:15 and the battle was scheduled for 2:30. (Or possibly 2:00 - now I'm getting conflicting stories, see?) Bloody pirates - where's the ship's bells?

So that's what actually and honestly happened. (Don't believe a word that Silkie or Quartermaster William tells you on the topic. Lies. Dammed lies.) The battle was apparently brief. We had one small cannon and several black powder instruments against an unruly mob of settlers at the fort. In fact, they had to recruit a few rogue pirates into the fort because the redcoats were off on a training mission or some such. I'm told (for I, naturally, only saw it as we were driving up) that the pirate kept charging and, despite an incredible amount of shooting and cannon fire, sustained no wounds until Keith pointed this oddity out. So QM William advised that wherever Captain Sterling (who was in the fort - turncoat!) aimed at, they should fall down wounded. Unfortunately he aimed at a group of them (or so they perceived) and about five people fell to her single shot. Silkie had to pitch in as temporary ship's surgeon as myself was not there as explained. (For which I received a wicked tongue-;lashing and will have to hear about for the rest of the weekend. It was a good lunch. You should all try cracked conch - just not during the POORLY SCHEDULED battle :o ). Haunting Lily was supposed to be assisting...I think...but decided instead to roll the wounded, searching through their pockets. Bloody pirates! When I actually gained the field, all the dead had miraculously been healed. I guess it was something in the water Silkie had.

Ohhhhh...that's enough. I desperately need coffee this fine sunny morning.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was there...dislocatedn shoulder and all!!!!!!!!! :o

Instead we have a blizzard here in the midwest!!! Flights are grounded!! :o

Have fun and be sa .... ah who am I kidding.. Just have fun! :o:o

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Don't think I've ever been so sad to leave a place before. I hope Saturday was as lovely as the rest of the days at PiP had been. Here's to new friends and happy reunions with old ones!

MaeBar-1.png

The world stands out on either side

No wider than the heart is wide.

~E. Millay

Saturday was indeed as lovely as the other days...all 16 hours of it for this pirate. It was sunny all day...sorry about any indiscriminate blizzards elsewhere.

Today was a full day of pirate activity. I confess I arrived somewhat later than the opening time of 10am due to delays in the breakfast schedule at Blue Heaven this morn. (Weekends in Key West are just sucky at restaurants. During the week, you can get anything you want...excepting Alice.) I was sitting at the bar, nursing a coffee (No, I don't want any hair of the dammed dog, thank ye.) when I finally hit upon the strategy of turning around and facing the customers in full kit. I had a table shortly thereafter with three apologies from the hostess...two before and one once the table (for four, not one) was secured.

Following another excellent repast, I repaired to the fort just in time for the trial of Anne Bonny and Mary Read. Our dear quartermaster, William Red Wake, was slapped into irons by the traitorous Captain Sterling for crimes he may have not committed. The trial went badly for Anne and Mary and I took several photos for William - what with him being in irons and all. Anne and Mary got out of the charge, but William was chained to a tree in the Archangel camp. Being the surgeon and second officer from the Mercury, I attempted a rescue of first officer Quarter master William using my trusty capital knife, bone saw and tourniquet before being pulled off by the Archangel munchkins (and being kicked off by William. Film at 11. Or whenever videographer Amanjiria splices all the footage together. He really has a knack for the thing) Several other members of the crew also attempted a rescue but the Archangel munchkins resisted and we have the thing up as a loss. This made me the first officer of the Mercury which is just what I...was awful.

The Pyrates attacked the Fort later in the day and damaged the outer wall with their cannon as well as damaging the redcoats with their muskets. Several of us than charged the fort from the inside. A pitched blackpowder battle between the redcoats and pyrates ensued and we won. The fort colonists then brought the prisoner (QM William of the Mercury) forward and offered negotiations. Much against my better judgment, I, the now first officer of the Mercury, was elected to negotiate which (unfortunately) was successful. The rebels joined us and the redcoats were left to rot on the field (until they got up which was probably due to the miraculous ministrations of the Mercury's surgeon who's presence was surely a boon to them.)

Then encampment folks repaired to a convenient tent while Captain Sterling went to scrounge up the key to the shackles that held William. I got a chance to display my medicine chest and surgical tools to all interested photographers and was able to explain bits and pieces of the info I had learned in preparation for the role. After much audience suffering as I explained my kit for the 12th time, William was released and we went back to camp.

Being laterish, I decided to head into town and have dinner as no one in the camp seemed inclined to make vegetarian anything and had a wonderful corn and crab chowder stew. It was so good that I went back later and had more corn and crab chowder stew at the same place. But I digress.

Mary Diamond, William and several members of the Archangel crew headed off for a sunset cruise where Amanjiria was apparently photographed naked kissing a mermaid. Wait...he was actually photographed in the rigging of the ship. The mermaid story sounds better, though. (I'm going to regret having posted that. Your ship's churygeon makes bold his statements. :o If I don't post tomorrow it's because I've been gutted and flayed.)

We then repaired to the beach where master photographer Tony Callahan proceeded to take what were probably hundreds of pictures of we but humble pirates. Tony took many, many pictures last year which he and his wife Fayma turned into wonderful posters that are scattered all over town this year. (Perhaps I will rate a poster. Perhaps it will be made into an advertisement for Quaker Oats.) Perhaps we shall see further pictures later on from Tony's album.

We then headed for the annual Key West holiday parade where we marched as members of a float for something I don;t even recall that looked like a giant ship with a huge skull figurehead. (No, it really didn't make any sense in real life either, but it was sort of cool for a skeleton favoring ship's surgeon.) The parade route was 17 miles long in period correct shoes (and two miles long in cheater shoes), but great fun was had by all. I will now appear in thousands of peoples vacation photos and videos, which is just charming on one level and disturbing on another. Never in my life have I been willingly photographed so many times.

Bilgemonkey and I wandered off together to get more corn and crab chowder at my suggestion and had a wonderful discussion about his pirate music radio show and my surgeon character. We bought a bottle of fine rum after dinner and went back to the Pyrat Pub in the fort which bested any pub on Duvall street. (Sorry, pub owners on Duvall street. Ah, you'll never read this anyhow.) When we arrived in the pub with Keith, we met Patrick Hand, Captain Jim and Rusty Wild Rice, who had been kicked off Duvall for weapons infractions. (Swords, not flintlocks. !!) Much rum was drunk and...ah hell, it's after 3am - time for bed. More tomorrow. I met several fascinating folks, but it can wait until the world stops spinning from the rum. (In fact, William and Mary - I DID ride my bike home from the fort and I did NOT get a ticket. At least not one of which I'm aware at this time.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Perhaps we could retitle this thread "Mission leaves himself behind." :o

It's wonderful. Sounds like a grand time, I'm sitting here feeling slightly jealous and something of a shirker.

(Well, you can't say I didn't invite you. :o In fact, I have gotten no SCUBA diving in this week due to all the fun and frivolity in addition to a lack of a diving partner, although there was certainly time for it. I understand that next year is going to (most likely) run for 8 days. )

Another beautiful day in paradise lads and lasses. Last night I got a chance to talk to several of our pubmates. Bilgemonkey and I spent a hour over soup and conch fritters at the Rum Barrel and we talked about how he got into the on-line pirate radio show. He actually is heavily involved in another event up in Wisconsin at Port Washington and was pleased to see how well his event stood up. He's thinking about bringing a more period air to the event since he's on the committee (If I have the right of that.) He made several excellent suggestions about my surgeon character which may find their way in next year if all goes well.

I also hooked up with Stynky Tudor in the pub and he told me a great deal about the history of our beloved pub. He's a fascinating guy with a wealth of knowledge and I enjoyed the time spent with he, Patrick Hand and Rusty. Rusty is actually a sailor, although I don't completely understand his job because I only got into the tail end of the conversation. He has a online video site about his adventures on the sea, although I didn't get the address. So you'll have to ask him when he posts here.

And then there's Patrick. A prince of a pirate. Anyone who has not met Patrick is really missing out IMO. I've never seen a man with so many bits of fascinating information about so many things. As he put it yesterday, sleeping out under the stars, looking out over the ocean and wandering about town all day in garb - who could not like this? (I am completely paraphrasing, of course.)

Much of the Mercury crew actually left the pub last night when I wasn't looking and I found myself talking to Stynky and some of the Bone Island Buccaneers last night. They are all encamped in the fort and are really the point people here. Spike of the BIB was asked 12 weeks ago to coordinate the event which he has done remarkably well. He used to work for the Pirate Soul museum and mentioned that he might be able to get me in so that we could film a bit with me and the authentic surgical instruments that they have in there. He's so busy that that may not materialize, but I really appreciated the thought. (This, by the way, is pretty much how everyone down here has been from my POV. A more fascinating group that are free with their ideas and suggestions I don't think I've met. They really appreciate the effort we from the pub put forth to make this event work from the camp side.

I also got a chance to talk to Scarlett Rai (see, luv, I remembered the second 't') of Bone Island who I understand is an excellent swordswoman. She's one of those amazing people who is always in character. (As is our own Silkie who sports a mean Irish brogue.) She and Spike sported me my first mug of mead which lay remarkably well on top of the rum. Spike later brought free bottles of mead around to all the tables, explaining to me that without all the re-enactors the event wouldn't be nearly as successful and it was the least he could do. (Mead is pretty yummy. At least that mead was. I can still remember the honeyed flavor.)

I also had a chance to talk with Mr. Silver Hawk who is the Quartermaster from the group of pirates that moved in next door . He lives in Marathon here in the Keys and was a Bosun on a ship for a number of years I don't quite remember. His group is called Pirates of Tortuga and they provide Pirate entertainment. Some of them got up in a quiet moment last night and did a few sea shanties last night.

And that's just a sampling of the folks I met. I could write a page about William Red Wake, our benevolent leader. When he arrived, he had been up for 41 hours straight working on details. He has these magnificent drawings of the fictional Mercury that were supposed to be careening that he did in Freehand. (!) After telling us how long he'd been up, he stayed about several more hours working on the huge canvas flag I mentioned a few days ago. He is quite the artist. A better contact person to represent the pub I don't think you could find.

Anyhow...I'm off to the camp. First a quick shower, which is a mere formality down here. Three days in the same (wonderfully made) linen clothes in the hot Key West sun. (You may not wish you were here quite as much as think. :o ) For those of you planning to make this jaunt next year...don't bring your wool garb. It's been sunny and warm for the duration of the event. (Thank God we're in the shade of the Australian pines by the ocean. I mean, right by the ocean. There'll be pics as soon as everyone gets back into home port.

Today was pretty relaxed as far as events went. At least, it was so for Mission who does not, in fact, get hangovers, but does get sort of logy and listless the day after a night of extreme frivolity. It was my goal to get to fire the cannons during the battle today, which I did get to do. I had to switch sides to do it, which is actually entirely in character for my captured surgeon. So there. An outstanding local re-enactor named Mark showed me the ropes. First, you seal the hole in the cannon, then you put the charge in (those of you who know proper terms for these procedures, forgive me if I don't get them completely cricket.). You pack it down then you prick it through the little hole in the back of the cannon. You stick the fuse (I think that's what it's called) in and hook a pull to it. You then stand back and yank the pull cord when ordered to fire. The thing makes an insanely loud boom, following which Mark explains that he forgot to tell you to cover your ear when you fire the cannon. (What?! What did you say?!) I was merely supposed to pull the rope once to have the experience, but Mark's trusty assistant apparently wasn't so trusty and we wound up being a cannon team, cleaning, loading and firing the cannon five times. I think Amanjiria filmed much of this, so you may all be able to see the Mercury's surgeon violating the Hippocratic Oath. War is hell.

We then all marched into the fort and tried to attack the pirates who held the fort from yesterday. Much gunfire was exchanged and then the shot the cannon at us and we (the redcoats and militia) all fell down dead. Immediately following my untimely death, I was initiated as a "fresh fish" by holding some important guy's sword and having my cheeks marked with the wet sponge used to clean the cannon. (I know Amanjiria filmed that, so you can all look forward to seeing it if he puts the video on-line.) It didn't mark me so much, but the water stunk pretty badly. Mark later explained that from civil war re-enactments, he had learned that this was done to make black marks on the cheeks of first-timers for safety reasons - everyone knew a newbie was on the cannon team.

We spent a lazy day around the fort and encampment after that. Several people had to work on Monday (poor folks), so they packed up and left. I got a chance to talk with Captain Jim and he told me wonderful stories about his Huck Finn boyhood growing up in Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. He used to sail around the area in his early teens, going until dusk. He would then pull ashore, find the nearest house, and let his parents know where he was. He would then make a fire on the beach and cook fish that he caught and sleep the rest of the night on the beach. He tells it much better than I have, so you should all meet him and ask him about it.

Hanging around the wall of the fort tonight, we were all treated to the "green flash" as the sun dipped below the horizon. Both Silkie and I also saw an aquamarine flash right after the green flash, which was really neat. A ceremony took place to officially close PiP with a lot of "Hip-hip-huzzahs!" and a presentation of special bottles of wine to our own Quartermaster William for all his hard work in getting the encampment up and running. Dinner was a roast pig affair in the fort (with yellow rice, corn-on-the-cob and plantains for us vegetarians). Everyone ate alfresco on the fort parade grounds, talking about what a great weekend it had been. I didn't count, but I think there were at least a 100 volunteers/re-enacters in attendance. There was free rum and beer available, but your poor ship's surgeon just wasn't up to the challenge and drank water and diet Coke.

After that, we strung up the new Pyracy.com flag that William had painted several days ago across one of the fort archways and took several group photos - some with everyone from the pub who was still there, some with the Mercury and Archangel camps and some with just Archangel. In fact, they may still be shooting those photos as the photographer was getting into some tricky shots when I left.

I thought I was done with the period clothes, but Spike, of the Bone Island Buccaneers managed to get me a pass into the Pirate Soul museum to take photos with the real surgical instruments they have there. Amanjiria is going to film it if I can remember enough to explain what I am looking at. (I hope he's a good film editor...) So I must go period for a few hours more. (Next year, I'll bring more pairs of period socks and at least one more shirt.) Well, somewhat early day tomorrow. Ta!

Just to close up what has apparently become the Mission's First Timer Journal thread...

I showed up for the fourth day in my gear to tape the Pirate Soul thing only to find that Amanjiria was passed out somewhere and no one could revive him. (FB ;) ). Actually, we just couldn't get it organized, so that failed to happen. So no film of the Pirate Soul museum surgical instruments and the Mercury's surgeon playing Vanna White. I did talk to Tony Callahan and he said he was going over there later and would take copious quantities of photos of the gear and email me the pics. So it's not a total loss.

I went back to the hotel and finally shaved after two weeks of itchy beard. I think I'll keep the mustache for awhile. See how that goes. The crews of the Mercury and Archangel repaired to the beach and took some really cool marooned pictures of Mary Diamond, M.A.d'Dogge and his brother, Captain Sterling and Anna on the rocks. (So did a bunch of tourists.) The captain slipped in full garb and fell backwards into the water. No harm was done, but it was something to see.

A girl showed up at the last minute on Friday at the careening camp who I think was named Diedre. (I am so bad with names. Apparently so is everyone else because I asked them to verify this and only William had any recollection of her name. Not knowing, I didn't want to write about her in case she peeks in, but I have to because it's too good a story.) She told us that she came across the PiP website on Thursday and just told her boss she wanted Friday off so she could attend. She packed her gear, jumped in her car (I believe someone told me she was from Orlando. Hopefully she will get online and verify or deny all this) and just showed up Friday morning. For some reason this all struck me as cool beyond measure, especially because she was by herself. She had a regular colorful pup-tent which William asked her to cover with a piece of canvas. She willingly went off to Home Depot, bought canvas and did so. Somebody suggested she might actually be Red Cat Jenny who told William she was going to come incognito and see if anyone recognized her, but I don't know what to think of that. She hung around with Carol, Patrick's boss, a lot and said she had a really good time.

As a footnote to the waitress story I mentioned previously, I ran into her again. Emboldened by Haunting Lily and being free from the group, I did find out her name was Stephanya, she moved to Key West from Poland 8 months ago and her sister married a guy in Las Vegas. She was going to Vegas for Christmas. We spent a long time chatting about living in Key West (something I once contemplated - about 15 years ago when I was also young and ignorant.) and I learned she was 18. 18. Useless, bloody useless to me. I need a Watson to my Sherlock. (Or maybe a Sherlock to my Watson.)

With hats in tow, I went through the airport processing process. A guy spotted that hats. (They're not too tough to spot.) and asked me about them. So I told him about the event and it turns out he used to be a sailor. His ship was once boarded by pirates in small boats in the sea off India somewhere I forget, which they turned away by using the ship's firehoses with the pressure ramped up. Of course, these were the sorts of pirates who wander around in ragged jeans with automatic weapons and rocket launchers, he noted. We discussed historical piracy and he turned out to be quite knowledgeable. A wonderful ending to a wonderful trip.

Thinking back, I must congratulate Micheal Bagley on his wonderful capturing of my character. There were a lot of people running around in movie-inspired pirate get ups in the fort, our group - who were mostly in Captain or sailor appropriate gear - and me, the sole representative of the lower class gentleman turned surgeon abducted by pirates gear. I really stood apart in my kit, which fit my concept of my character well. Patrick's planter's hat completed the effect. Alas, my camera battery was D.O.A., so I am depending on other folks to supply me with photos so I can share (and change my user photo - although not the little dog. He stays. For now. I really like him. :D

Let me close off with this...I got home only to find the following message on my phone (which I will try to edit for language -difficult though that is) left there at 1am on Saturday:

"Mark, where the f*** are you? A**hole. We are out here waiting for you. We wanna get drunk and...y'know . We were just sitting there with you at the pub and we got up and...you like disappeared! Where the f*** are you? We're sitting here waiting; we're gonna wait another five or ten minutes and then we're gone. We're gonna' go to the bars or whatever, man. Just f***ing get your a** over here. We're waiting. (Background conversation.) What? Oh...*laughter* (sheepish) it's Stynky, It's Stynky! My real name's (edited to protect the guilty.) I'm here with Stephanie. (Who is Stephanie? Did I meet her?) Anyway, get your a** over here. (Lots of laughter.)

F***ing drunk! F***ing a**hole! *laughter* Pirate! Anyway...um, so um, yeah...you suck."

How can you go wrong with friends like that?

(Stynky, I am saving that message. For $20 I will delete it and not hand it over to the police. :D In fact, when I get that far gone, I start wandering about. I was chatting with Spike and Scarlett (two ts) Rai as I mentioned in a previous post.

If you've ever thought about going to PiP or ever thought about thinking about going to PiP...you must go. It was great. I hope my narratives put the fun across to some degree. The people are fantastic and nearly every pub member I met was so friendly and helpful that I doubt I can really get it into words. Here's to PiP 2007! :D

Thanks everyone for all the "play by play" posting. It was great fun. Misson, I especially loved your witty and poignant posts, and appreciated hearing the stories of the day as William was mostly too busy, or actually catching a few z's, to tell me himself. I can't wait to hear the details when he returns.

Sounds like everyone had an absolute blast and I've been informed that I'm attending next year "come hell or high water" :-P

MaeveBanner_justbarber.jpg

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

- Maria Robinson

. . ."Mark, where the f*** are you? A**hole. We are out here waiting for you. We wanna get drunk and...y'know . We were just sitting there with you at the pub and we got up and...you like disappeared! Where the f*** are you? We're sitting here waiting; we're gonna wait another five or ten minutes and then we're gone. We're gonna' go to the bars or whatever, man. Just f***ing get your a** over here. We're waiting. (Background conversation.) What? Oh...*laughter* (sheepish) it's Stynky, It's Stynky! My real name's (edited to protect the guilty.) I'm here with Stephanie. (Who is Stephanie? Did I meet her?) Anyway, get your a** over here. (Lots of laughter.)

F***ing drunk! F***ing a**hole! *laughter* Pirate! Anyway...um, so um, yeah...you suck."

How can you go wrong with friends like that? . . .

Beer Wine Mead and Laudanum

l_40e917a6e416f74995be953d201ff6d8.jpg

l_774a0baa81e90a16a1fcec610d802bf8.jpg

Me mug and me mug. (You are obviously much more sober than I, Stynky.) :D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Sober? Sober? When did we have time to be sober? Oh look at that lovely mead. Mmmm... I had a blast with all you guys and gals. I just wish I could remember it all, heh heh.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

What do you do with a drunken pyrat? What do you do with a drunken pyrat? What do you do with a drunken pyrat, early in the morning?

(Anyone else still waking up in the morning with sea shanties in their head? The after affect of PiP is this strange bubble of unreality... Say, was the Stephanie you mentioned in the second picture? Did I, in fact, meet her?)

(Anyone else still waking up in the morning with sea shanties in their head?)

As a matter of fact I am. :huh:

Now comes the horrible task of unpacking. Remind me next year not to bother packing anything other than garb and maybe one or two normal outfits.

EC :lol:

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Now comes the horrible task of unpacking. Remind me next year not to bother packing anything other than garb and maybe one or two normal outfits.

That all I did this year. It just seemed right. Starting to dump the videos on me computer. Maybe I'll have time to put a trailer together by the end of the week. I'll keep you posted.

Starting to dump the videos on me computer. Maybe I'll have time to put a trailer together by the end of the week. I'll keep you posted.

END OF THE WEEK?!?!? :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

ONLY A SNEAK PEAK?!?! :lol::huh::huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Looks like all had a grand time.

As much as I would like to go and have correct outfits, somehow riding a modern day 4 wheel blue scooter, just doesn't pull it off.

And showing up with Dead Fred on the front, I just don't think you historically correct people would understand my hysterically correct look. :D

As much as I would like to go and have correct outfits, somehow riding a modern day 4 wheel blue scooter, just doesn't pull it off.

And showing up with Dead Fred on the front, I just don't think you historically correct people would understand my hysterically correct look. :D

Not true, there were plenty of people who were not historically correct.... not to mention I know where the electrical outlets are so you can charge your 'ship' as needed :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

And showing up with Dead Fred on the front, I just don't think you historically correct people would understand my hysterically correct look.  :D

Not true, there were plenty of people who were not historically correct.... not to mention I know where the electrical outlets are so you can charge your 'ship' as needed :)

I agree. There was so much more to PIP than the pc group. IMHO, there was definitely more non pc pirates than pc and everyone had a great time together. In addition to the careening and Archangel camp, there was a beautiful area set up for folks for modern camping. In fact, my husband and I didn't camp at all. We stayed in a hotel and felt more than welcome non the less. Believe me, PIP was for all pirates. I hope you join us next year. You won't regret it. :D

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

And showing up with Dead Fred on the front, I just don't think you historically correct people would understand my hysterically correct look.  :D

Certainly agree here... you have no excuse not to come next year!!! And because my feet were killing me, I promise to be the first pc pirate to hitch a ride with you!!!! :D

Crewe of the Archangel