Another Piratehouse project

King's Pyrate

I love the ship's rail!!!! Good job sir! A really inspired piece of work it is!

-- Hurricane

The railing is a great idea...I'm sure it help the rum stay on board in rough seas! :lol:

Thank You Gentlemen....not only does it keep me rum aboard, it also keeps visitors from putting their little seat cheeks on my desk....lol

Thank You Gentlemen....not only does it keep me rum aboard, it also keeps visitors from putting their little seat cheeks on my desk....lol

;););)

Well, that just makes it all worth it, now doesn't it?

Here is my dream desk, but alas it is $450 and a bit out of me reach right now.

Captain's davenport desk

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

;););)

Well, that just makes it all worth it, now doesn't it?

Captain's davenport desk

That is a beauty...small enough to fit aboard any sailing vessel if the wheels lock...can't have the desk rolling from side to side......lol

Captain's davenport desk

Man, that's pretty. Wish I had a place to put it in my home. I can see why you favor it so.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 3 weeks later...

Here is this weekend's project. A Friend keeps giving me nautical items. He has been a vast collector, in the past, but his wife won't let him put then up in their house so as he goes through boxes he brings his plunder to me. This week he gave me two solid brass plates from England. One has Lord Nelson and the Victory on it...I'll post those photos when I decide what to do with them. Last week he gave me a brass barometer and clock.

I used an old wood board I had laying around, stained it then tacked some white rope around the edge and mounted the instruments, one of my pistols and hung my pirate pocket watch, then to finish it off used double faced mounting tape to attach a pirate patch. I used left overs from previous projects so this one cost nothing but the two hours I spent making it.

clock02_600.jpg

While I was in the mood to tinker I found some $6 shelves at the Dollar Store. They were already assembled & painted with coat hooks....I needed a shelf for another one of my ships and a place to put my costume jewelry.

shelf01_600.jpg

Here is a closer look.

shelf02_600.jpg

Plunder is where ye finds it!

Joe

Those red walls give a really good warm vibe to the piratey accoutrements ye dangling in front of Oderlesseye..The Tunnel to yar house is half way done..Keep a weather eye out! Ha HArr HArr ~

Well done and well met! I really enjoy the piratey decore you have done.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Those red walls give a really good warm vibe to the piratey accoutrements ye dangling in front of Oderlesseye..The Tunnel to yar house is half way done..Keep a weather eye out! Ha HArr HArr ~

Well done and well met! I really enjoy the piratey decore you have done.

I thank ye kindly Mr. "O" but I have a long way to catch up with your pirate cove.....I admire it very much.

KP

• 1 month later...

A friend gave me 2 brass plates from England......I painted them black and then buffed the raised areas and here is Admiral Nelson....eye patch and missing arm....it took so long to do that I am trying to talk myself into buffing the 2nd one.

nelson_plate2.jpg

I am doing a book signing at the Friends of the Library book store at the Prime outlet mall tomorrow......they lured me there when I found out there is a pirate store across the mall from them.......now if I can sell enough books I come home with more pirate plunder....lol

A pirate store in the mall?? where might this be Joseph ? as i'll be in st augustine next week for Drake's raid at the fountian of youth, stop by and say ello , willie wobble

The store is at the North end of the Prime Outlet mall...( SR 16 & interstate 95..North East corner) they are adding 50 more stores so you have to look hard for the entrance then walk through a construction tunnel ...they have lots on knick knacks..pirate and nautical.....like the 6 foot triple decker in the front of the store......but I buy my swords and pistols at Tom's Gifts at A1A & 312......go across the downtown bridge and follow Anastasia Blvd (A1A)...it will curve past the Alligator Farm on the right then the Amphitheater on the left as the road turned to the beach you will see Tom's on the left....orange & white stripped bldg.

Happy Plunder'n....if I get downtown, I'll look you up....they don't like my garb so I'll be in civvies..

Best

Joe