Swivel Cannon

HarborMaster

This is a new beastie we have been working on..., its not completely finished. it needs the tiller installed so I can aim it. Anyway I am very excited about this one and hoping to fire it soon. We have 6 more coming soon...., this is the first of 7 ...,the next 6 will be carriage mounted. We ( I ) am wanting to name these after Pub Members as they come in. Probably I will put a name on the carriages....., If a members is ok with it. But this one I beleive will be getting its name above the cascabel on the breach in the Bronze since a swivel has no carriage. I was wanting to use Pub members names that I thought would be befitting to name a cannon for our Scuba Craft. ........, Meet "Red Cat Jenny".

TropicoSwivel2006.JPG

TropicoSwivel2003.JPG

I will try to post a few more photos of this lovely beastie as the Washington Sunshine may allow.

Thank You Red Cat

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

:o<_<:o<_<

ooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harbormaster....

I'm speechless.... WOW!!!!

A beastie......

AYE It is!! It is!!!!!!!!

It's gorgeous!!!

It's... sigh...... a cannon after me own namesake.. * sniff *

I don't know what to say...I wish I was there to fire it the first time :D

Thank you sah! Salamot!!

A toast to you..You gold toothed, cannoneer, deep sea pirate you!!!!

B)

I am truly honored...

Red Cat sends up fireworks an streamers in celebration!!

yayyyyy.jpg

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Easy now., you are rambunchous arentcha !

Here you go!!!

TropicoSwivel2002.JPG

Easy now., you are rambunchous arentcha !

TropicoSwivel2008.JPG

TropicoSwivel2015.JPG

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Holy smoke, Red Cat!!!

You made imortal pirate, voted a mod, and get a swivel gun named after you — all in one year! How much better can it get!! With that kind of karma going, maybe you better go buy a lottery ticket!

Way to go, and Harbor Master, loverly little beauties they are, indeed! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Holy smoke, Red Cat!!!

You made imortal pirate, voted a mod, and get a swivel gun named after you — all in one year! How much better can it get!! With that kind of karma going, maybe you better go buy a lottery ticket!

Way to go, and Harbor Master, loverly little beauties they are, indeed! :rolleyes::o

HEHE Harbormaster thanks...

I'm a real pyrate now! Woohoo!

oooooohhh Shiny!!!!

Still dancin!! whee!!!

Ransom .. well...... :rolleyes: !!!!

heh ya know? maybe I will..

Though I feel I have just about hit the lottery already.. but I could sure use the shiny stuff!

Well met HarborMaster... Life be sweet with such delight ta be lookin forward to! Eye look foward to seeing the whole fleet lined up and ready to give broadside! :blink:

Congratulations Red Cat Jenny darling... :huh:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Did you machine those yourself

Nah ., I am not that crafty ., I dream them up for our purpose put the design on a jpg in photo shop and then hire them out. "The Red Cat Jenny" Was built by Bill at Canadian Cannon to my spec. This one is not on their website ! . I do mounts and carriages tho.

Thanks Ransom .,Oderlesseye and Ace !

I am still waiting for some sunshine and will get better photos.

Aw thats just great, an I'm still trying to get just one at a decent price. Harbormaster, just how big is your house? I've only got two guns and I find them to be in the way sometimes, did you incorporate them in to furniture like that one guy did with a coffee table top on top of his naval gun so it would pass muster with his bride, I still chuckle at that one. That is a beautiful piece you got there, if you ever need a place to store it, I'll be happy to drive down and pick it up and take it home and store it for ya. :ph34r:

HEHE Harbormaster thanks...

No..,the pleasure is ours . Thank you Red Cat for having let us put such spirited pirates name on this one. There is more to follow :lol:

I've only got two guns and I find them to be in the way sometimes, did you incorporate them in to furniture like that one guy did with a coffee table top on top of his naval gun so it would pass muster with his bride, I still chuckle at that one.

Hey Rusty Barrels ! Good to see ya !

Do you mean these decorative peices ? :lol:

dupdistrof.jpg

Cannon_CoffeeTable.jpg

Yea thats greatly trickery to get that one more artillery piece in house under the guise of "New Furniture Darling" :lol:

Speaking of you driving down here ..., How is that magnificent naval cannon of yours? I still have that picture you sent after you finished your oak carriage .,the one with the cannon tools., projos and the queen anne (For scale) all in the photo. Weve got a good range down here to fire at :lol: and your welcome anytime.

TropicoSwivel2033.JPG

4.gif

No..,the pleasure is ours . Thank you Red Cat for having let us put such a spirited pirates name on this one.

Aww now yer just makin me grin even wider!

Anytime.... B)

and Jill..Jack is a lucky man to have such a pirate fer a wife!!

I even bought Jack another cannon for his last birthday. And there's another one in his future...
and Jill..Jack is a lucky man to have such a pirate fer a wife!!

I'll go with that :blink:

Red Cat Jenny, sounds like Jack already found his treasure. HarborMaster, I thought I was already to go until I tried to load the guns in my truck(cost me two weeks of pain and pills that didn't work) I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could muscle a 350lbs gun into the truck. Currently I'm working on portable boom to do the job. When I'm ready, you can bet you'll hear from me. :blink:

If you'll name one for me, I'll put you in the pirate novel I'm working on.

Thats a distinct possibility ., Red Handed Jill would also make for a great Bronze gun as well ., after all Bronze is a red metal.

There is a male pirate on the board however who's very piratical name would indeed look great on the next cannon ., and I already had it in my mind to ask him if he would be o.k. with his name going on my carriage.

There is a pillow block mounted to the rear axel just below the quoin that I will be putting the names on. But the swivel will get thename above the cascabel., as there is no carriage.

John Roberts maybe a go ., on cannon 4 ., ? dont know.,but I do have the next 2 already picked out if the folks are o.k. with it.

Boy.,Girl..,Boy..,Girl :lol:

TropicoSwivel2034.jpg

TropicoSwivel2028.JPG

Those are nice looking barrels.

Without sounding like a kill joy however, are you planning on firing ball from it? The threaded trunions severely reduces the wall thickness at the trunion pockets and I would hate to see them go shootin' off to the side.

The attachment of the tail to the cascabel - surely thats not period? Workable, but not period. I have a swivel that I have been trying to figure out a good method of attaching a tail with a hot forged loop, but this is an alternative that bears looking into.

Didn't you win a wooden cannon pattern on E-bay ahile ago?

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Without sounding like a kill joy however, are you planning on firing ball from it? The threaded trunions severely reduces the wall thickness at the trunion pockets and I would hate to see them go shootin' off to the side.

The attachment of the tail to the cascabel - surely thats not period?

Your thinking I would build a cannon ., that would fold?.