Ojai Fest on Carson Daly

Ace of Harbor Bay

Man she was a pain in the arse. 

1st obvious to me Blank is the biggest loser in the Boob department!

2nd Blank will never get a date playing Halo..

3rd We as pirates RRR still more entertaining than Blank will ever be!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Bitter little thing isn't she? Well when one wears really cheap shirts and looks like a young boy.... ;)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Seriously, who cares? Does this warrant insults and personal attacks, even if she slung them first? Even if someone were to observe that this was a segment on a show nobody watches (a statement more germain to the conversation than slurs against her looks, figure, fashion sense, or sexuality) it would still be a hardly dignified response. Not everyone is in to pirates, and yes, some people think those who are are losers. Surely we've had to face this before?

I don't do this because everybody thinks it's cool. I do it in spite of what anyone thinks. And I think we all do, to a degree, so why not just let it roll off our back?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Seriously, who cares? Does this warrant insults and personal attacks, even if she slung them first?

I'm fine with someone throwing insults. If you can dish it out, you had better be able to take them as well. Let it roll off her back.

My 'tiff' with this 'commentary' was her last statement of "I want a refund." The Wixons and participants work hard for this festival. Her 'shock jock' insults crossed the line of liable with this statement. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I'm giving her a pyrate name........from this day forward, her name will be......................Horse Face.

Shouldn't that be... SEAhorse face??? :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Seriously, who cares? Does this warrant insults and personal attacks, even if she slung them first?

I'm fine with someone throwing insults. If you can dish it out, you had better be able to take them as well. Let it roll off her back.

My 'tiff' with this 'commentary' was her last statement of "I want a refund." The Wixons and participants work hard for this festival. Her 'shock jock' insults crossed the line of liable with this statement. :lol:

You know, if someone were to comment about how she seems unable to divorce herself from public perception in order to enjoy unusual past times, you'd be on to something. If someone were to comment that she is trying to appear 'edgy' or 'indie' while appealing to tepid middle-class American notions of normalcy, that would totally apply. If someone were to point out that she doesn't even have that many good jokes, but rather trots out the tired old-tropes signifying humor without actually being humorous, that would be a totally valid criticism. But to sit here and call her a flat-chested, horse-faced, badly-dressing, lesbian is simply childish. It is the internet equivalent of 'oh, yeah, well, you're ugly.' It makes us look like poor sports.

And frankly, I doubt that anyone who went gives her 'I want a refund' spiel much creedance. That doesn't cross the line of liable. If you walk out of a movie you didn't like, you don't have to keep your mouth shut about it lest you risk a lawsuit, do you? I appreciate that you want to honor the Wixons, but I am not sure how calling her a flat-chested lesbian is supposed to accomplish that.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

We was all thinkin' it ...they was just sayin' it.

As far as I am concerned...she was an ass to have to deal with for about 10 minutes while she tried to get me to do somethign stupid and break character, etc.

So...flat-chested?..obvious and she called it out herself.

Lesbian?... I doubt it...she's probably not getting much of anything with an attitude like that.

Look...

lets just call it like it is:

A cheap attempt at humor...that didn't work.

She is a wanna-be (God please don't let me go back to being an intern) MTV v-jay on a verey late, late, late, late show that just...doesn't matter.

But she tried. :lol:

It's fair play and not childish at all to disagree with Blank

Eye obviously don't share the genes of those who are aristicrates of good behavior ~ PIRATE! :lol:

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Look...

lets just call it like it is:

A cheap attempt at humor...that didn't work.

She is a wanna-be (God please don't let me go back to being an intern) MTV v-jay on a verey late, late, late, late show that just...doesn't matter.

But she tried. <_<

Exactly. There's really no reason to say any more than that.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

It's fair play and not childish at all to disagree with Blank

Eye obviously don't share the genes of those who are aristicrates of good behavior ~ PIRATE! <_<

I don't think it is either, but I do think it is childish to resort to personal attacks. I can be as mean and spiteful as the next person, but I do think there are times to take the high road, and yes, I would say that this is one of those times - particularly because there is nothing to win. The piece is already out there. Simply saying that's it's too bad she doesn't know how to relax and enjoy herself says more about both her and you* than name-calling.

* that, of course, is a general 'you.'

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

All I know is that's a right fine flag at the end of the bit.

-Greydog

<_<

(The Skull of the Double Cross Flag is ours)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

But to sit here and call her a flat-chested, horse-faced, badly-dressing, lesbian is simply childish. It is the internet equivalent of 'oh, yeah, well, you're ugly.'

I believe Jack doth hav a point... We should use more flowery language t' bestow our wrath on the fair head o' the lady in question.

I rather like...

Behold thy mirror thou droning codpiece-sniffing flax-wench.

(Has a nice ring t' it, an she can Google it's meanin' 'tween her games o' Halo.)

In defense of those who feel the freedom of opinion is their right (those who agree)

and against people who need to seek some pathetic, uninspired, narrow minded, directionless, vapid * YAWN *stab at humor at the expense of others because they couldn't find real material if slapped in the face with it (her)

Im with Black Hearted Pearl....

"I'm fine with someone throwing insults. If you can dish it out, you had better be able to take them as well"

or to rephrase....reap what ye sow....turnabout is fair play

or how about who invited you?

or a movie title "The Uninvited"

or a quote "Better to be silent and thought an ass - than open one's mouth and prove it."

You are fully intitled to your thoughts..

I have no problem with my opinion <_<

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

2nd Blank will never get a date playing Halo..

OI!

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it ~ we Gamer Geeks take as much offense to name calling as Pirates do. Halo gets my blood up, and is a consistent and reliable outlet for irritation and stress, unlike sporadic events and occasionally moody folk.

As Such, You can call me CAPTAIN. :ph34r: And, as to the date comment, my loving Hubby of 10+ years supports me, plays with and/or against me, and takes quite well the fact that I Outrank him (well, at least I did until I went away to Lockhouse for 6 days). :ph34r:

e5aa6002-fe30-4bc6-8e30-e995924a6ca.gifPlayerModel.jpg

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

OI!

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it ~ we Gamer Geeks take as much offense to name calling as Pirates do. Halo gets my blood up, and is a consistent and reliable outlet for irritation and stress, unlike sporadic events and occasionally moody folk.

As Such, You can call me CAPTAIN.  And, as to the date comment, my loving Hubby of 10+ years supports me, plays with and/or against me, and takes quite well the fact that I Outrank him (well, at least I did until I went away to Lockhouse for 6 days).

No one was directly rattling yar cage..However now that ye has spoke up

Eye my as well give reason for the attitude..Eye am a World of War Craft widow..My wife plays 4-6 hrs a day and most week-ends..Too much in my book.. So that said Eye am intitled to my opinion as much as you RRRR yours... No fault no foul says Eye! :rolleyes:

And as to being childish...I had my fun and ye can't take that away from me! Nenner ..neeneerr..

After thinking about that..Maybe I had a serious problem of taking

Blank Serious over something that in reality is about fantisy thet from Blanks point of view it makes sence to call us loosers! Eye still find that no more acceptable than the politically correct way that has been interjected into folks ( Pirates )wantin to blow of some steam... Better here than in reality! :lol:

Noquarter2copy.jpg

:rolleyes: Naw, silly, no offense taken! I know better than that with this group. Just throwing a bit of support out for my fellow gamers. ;)

My hubby would be a Halo widower, if he didn't also play, as well as Call of Duty, Battlefield, and anything he can download. But we also play together, inside and out. Just another hobby, says I. :lol:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!