POTC # 2 Ooooh, check this out everybody!!!

Rumba Rue

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link don't work.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Works now. Well, Bess? Any thought?

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Ahoy all...

I addressed this rumor in another subject in here someplace...

Yes, it's true they are writing the sequel (Common knowledge)

Out of respect for my Talent folks (said writers) I will not devulge what I was asked not too ...

And yes, everyone has signed on for the sequal except Jeffrey who, at the moment has schedule conflicts.

Not fair you say that I won't rat them writers out??? :ph34r: (shrug)

Pirate!!!! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Uh, you mean dilvulging the fact that Mickey Mouse is really the monkey in disguise?

Hey I like Mickey (ooooh, just love caressing those ears, that wiggly nose, that irriestiable warm, fuzzy feeling....oh geez what am I doing?) , hell of a lot better looking than than dang monkey. :ph34r:

RumbaRue

**Which one of my personalities do you find offensive?** :ph34r:

Are they *trying* to bring back Geoffrey Rush? I love Barbossa, but the guy DIED . . . (and yes, I know the monkey grabbing the coin in the end could mean something; still, I think it would do Barbossa a disservice to bring him back for the sequel more than it would help. But I digress.)

The lost Abyss . . . aye, this could be a film to me likin'. ;-)

BTW, let me just say that I'm MOST thrilled that Johnny, Orlando, and Keira are coming back for the sequel(s) . . . but after that, what pleases me most is the return of the same two writers, Ted and Terry. Replacing script writers is one of the worst things a movie company can do for a film sequel -- so I'm SO happy they're bringing these two guys back. It'll make all the difference.

Thanks so much to RumbaRue for the heads-up! I'll hafta keep me eye on Cinescape from now on. :)

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Hell, why stop at a prequel? They should pull a whole george lucas shabang and make a prequel that doesn't even work, like making it turn out that Jack Sparrow IS Bootstrap Bill. Or we could have a young Will Turner "accidentally" take over a navy vessel when he's 8 and single-handidly destroy the entire Spanish Armada.

Then Disney can go back to the original PotC and re-edit it to fit with the prequel, complete with new music, extra scenes, and maybe some subtle "improvements" (for example - isn't it a little cold-blooded for Jack to shoot Barbossa? Maybe it would send a better message if his gun went off "accidentally," thus keeping Jack's conscience clean, but also warning young people of the dangers of muskets.) Add a scene with a giant octopus and we'll REALLY have a movie worth watching <_<

Sorry, but with the possible exception of "The Hobbit," I think prequels are like bathing in gasoline and then playing with matches.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Bilge monkey, ya left out the cute robot and the klutzy, comic relief sidekick....

sheesh. <_<

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Actually, I love prequels. Not the Star Wars prequels, mind you; I consider them to be the worthless steaming piles of cow dung that they are -- but OTHER prequels, yes. <_< And I'd love to know what went on before we were introduced to our crew of PotC:TCotBP . . . though I liked best the suggestion I heard at another pirate board, which was to make the sequels as movies but come out with a line of (well-written) novels about the events that went on before "Curse of the Black Pearl." That, I thought, was an inspired idea -- Disney'll never do it, of course, but it would be totally and completely awesome.

Movie sequels can be just as painful and awful as movie prequels -- it all depends on what the screenwriters and directors do. Here's hopin' that the Pearl's sequels prove to be at LEAST as entertaining as the original (if not more so).

Though I will say this -- with Captain Jack Sparrow back on board, Disney is gonna have to work extra hard to make the sequels bad. I'm not saying it couldn't be done -- if movie companies put their mind to it, then can make anything bad, returning to our Star Wars prequel examples after all -- but they'd have to be really working at it, really committing to making it a bad flick. I mean, tongue-in-cheek-remarks aside -- Captain Jack is returning. It should be okay.

Cross yer fingers, mates. ;-)

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Hmm... interesting.

I like the title... I'm sure the story will be fun & fantastic like the first movie.

But... Bess... are they still planning to get Geoffrey back? PM me if you wish. I'm rather good at secrets. I hate releasing info... bad for others to screw it up... usually that's what happens.

Honestly... I do hope they bring Geoffrey Rush back... doesn't mean it has to be Hector Barbossa... maybe a brother ... running along the same lines of the Barbarossa brothers.

Oooor... Maybe something else... plenty of good stories to go around with the New World. Shoot.. the chest the Aztec gold is in... that's a mystery unto itself! Which I have shocked a few people now.. the designs on the chest are actually Inca, not Aztec.. :) the designs on the chest are from an Inca ruin in So. America which is Viracocha surrounded by the birds, I think is a condor. Which.. could lead into another story there as well.

Even this movie could shed more light into how Jack came into possesion of the compass & the location of the Isla de la Muerta.

Can't wait for it!

& don't forget the open casting call!! :huh:

Huzzah!

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Okay, first of all, let me say, that when I mean good when talking about sequels and prequels, I don't neccessarily mean 'better than' or even 'as good as' the original. I would rather watch a not as good as sequel than a truly terrible cash-in/rip-off/spin-off. Now, about prequels:

I though Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was pretty good. Exhibit A for good prequels.

I also thought the Young Vito scenes in Godfather Part II were excellent. Exhibit B for prequels.

Jack and Barbossa obviously had piratical careers before the POTC. I think they'd be able to pull of a prequel....done soon, that it. I just think the storyline is rich with potential.

Of course, star wars had potential, too, but....Let's just say it seems as tho' George Lucas now has more in common with the Emperor than Yoda.

<_<

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

There ARE some other actors that make great bad guys....

A friend of mine, who is a huge Alan Rickman fan, suggested that Alan would make a great evil pirate -- and I'm rather inclinded to agree with her. :huh: Not that I think they'll GET Rickman for the next film (though they could, I just don't think they will), but it would work great.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a mad Geoffrey Rush fan. I just don't want to see his character cheapened by having him brought "back" from the dead . . .

fer me 2 shillings worth me thinks it would be outstanding for the all time greatest evil pirate to make a return to Pearl. But I do agree with the sentiment that it MAY cheapen the character, I refer to the handling of Spock in Wrath Of Khan. Next up for me would be Frank Langella (that he was in Cutthroat Island not withstanding, but it helps) he plays the sinister bastard very well. He was great in The Ninth Gate...... :lol: come to think of it Depp was in that movie too.....Hmmmmmmmm, me thinks I be onta somethin here, Patrick Stuart might be able to also pull it off. Other than that I can't think of anyone off hand that can wreak a good evil stench.

Jack

Hell, why stop at a prequel? They should pull a whole george lucas shabang and make a prequel that doesn't even work, like making it turn out that Jack Sparrow IS Bootstrap Bill. Or we could have a young Will Turner "accidentally" take over a navy vessel when he's 8 and single-handidly destroy the entire Spanish Armada.

Then Disney can go back to the original PotC and re-edit it to fit with the prequel, complete with new music, extra scenes, and maybe some subtle "improvements" (for example - isn't it a little cold-blooded for Jack to shoot Barbossa? Maybe it would send a better message if his gun went off "accidentally," thus keeping Jack's conscience clean, but also warning young people of the dangers of muskets.) Add a scene with a giant octopus and we'll REALLY have a movie worth watching  ;)

Ahoy there BilgeMonkey, tell us how ye really feel about them prequels. ;)

And in defence o'the maker of the Star Wars galaxy, he had the complete story fer all the films when he made the first one in 1977. Course he didn't have all them fancy digital effects because they didn't exist. How would ye like t'make a cake without any eggs or flour, lad? It wouldn't be as good if ye had the right ingredients. And he had his own reasons fer makin' Greedo shoot first (he was a father by that time, changes yer perspective mate).

Ye have t'look at all the movies together t'get the story. Although I agree that them prequels suffer from poor scriptin'.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

What's the rage over dear William? I mean look at e-bay and there are all kinds of Will things but not muchfor the rest of the cast.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Ahhhh Piratea... I'll wager it's a cause good young Will-the-lesser has his popularity powered at the moment by the pre teen hoards. (My 11 year old cousin a shining example) It's the family joke at the moment that she's come'n of age and that her first REAL crush is of course, a Pirate.

Now now ladies... afore anyone starts throwing things at me I know that the *adult* lassies also find him fair of face and form... I just lke m'own lads a mite less... pristine. :ph34r:

Anyhow, that is why there seems t'be more for thieve'n on eBay I'll be after make'n wager. :(

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif