Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

Hello Everyone,

I am finally home from Chicago-land and unpacking from Our Best Event EVER!!!

First, I must thank you all for coming out and supporting Reenactor Fest. YOU are what this event is all about! I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful time I had this weekend. I never laughed so hard in my life…it is an honor knowing you all!

To Robbie and the twins, thanks for coming all the way from Florida, y’all are wonderful people and I enjoyed every moment with you and I hope to see you at PIP this year…if not sooner! To Michael Bagley and his beautiful Jessica, it was a lovely pleasure meeting you both. Michael you are welcome to bring mead ANYTIME and Jessica thank you so much for letting me doll you up before the ball. I hope you were happy with the ‘bunny’ patch. You both looked stunning that night.

Sadly, it does not feel like we had enough time together (isn’t that how it goes?) So, in the future we must make sure we network enough that we can do more events together.

Lastly, to the Crewe of the Archangel – You are all a bunch of rag-tag scallywags…God Bless you all!

I shall have pictures for you in the next couple of days. I have finally gotten my computer back from the shop and will be downloading them. Again, remember RF5 is only a year away!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...I just got these lovely shots from Mad Mary Diamond - Thank you for catching us at our best!

As you can see...walking on land for some of us isn't very easy!

Sunday morning - approx. 3 am - roaming the 11th floor hallway trying to get our barrings!

Hallwaylisting-GunnerBillie.jpg

Hallwaylisting-TheCrewe.jpg

Member of "The Forsaken"

WWAAHHHH!!!! ;)

Parrot? Pete has a Parrot? What happened to the shark?

Oh, I SO wish I could have been there. This is one of those times in my life I will regret unfortunately. Granted I had no choice in the matter. but.. DAMNABLE!

:::whimpers::: B)

Oh, it does look like everyone did have so much fun.

I see Billy made it in. Now, did someone gives him a kiss fo' me? ;)

I'm with Cheeky... another gathering just for the hell of it!

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Dropped anchor back in home port around 4:12am...snow & ice storms, not fun. Sick as a dog and going back to bed... but just had to say....RF4 was a grand time of it and for ye that missed it,

... well... **wicked grin** boy did ye miss it!

As always it was wonderful to be with my crewe, ye gents and ladies are the best! None can compare! From setting up a last minute display and making it brilliant, to all showing up in fine "dresses" at the ball (including half the male crewemembers, bloody Scots!! A bunch of FBs, the lot of ye!! <_< ) to doing what ye all do best, just being yerselves, I don't think anyone can ever fill the roles you have established or the place ye all hold in my heart. Thank ye one and all fer being just who ye are. Never change!

Mr. Symms and Maddogge

MaddoggeandMrSymms.jpg

Maddogge, Captain, keep that "green flurry" as Cheeky calls it, coming... twas the first event in a long time that I was feeling no pain... of course I could not think straight or speak without slurring, and was staggering... oops that would be the fault of just being back on dry land... ;) I think the picture of Gunner just about says it all!!

Boyswillbeboysevenwhenwearingskirts.jpg(borrowing yer shot Mr. Bagley) Gunner Beach, Mr. Symms, Jack Roberts, Maddogge, Mr. Bagley, and Mr. Bottles

Gunner!!! When wearing yer kilt, Ye need three blue ribbons, two to keep yer stockings up!! Ye and Maddogge, how can I ever thank ye both enough for all ye do (um...okay... don't answer that...**grin**) both on the field and as my family!! Ye are the best!

MadMaryandCaptgameshownight.jpgMistress Diamond and the captain

Mad Mary, always a pleasure to have such a lovely lady upon my lap...um, I mean arm! Yer thoughtfulness is astounding! From a place for folks to lay their heads to keeping us fed, to running around fetching and carting...my most humble and grateful thanks to ye and Fuzzy Bunny.

2260731149_879090e9fe.jpgMatt and Bess

Mr. Bottles hope ye found yer... um...**clearing throat** trousers.... finally! Too many bare knees... even if they be manly man knees.. (ack, did I just write that!?!)

At least yer stockings remained aloft... had to take two steps back every time Jack helped Gunner haul his back into place. Sailors, always trying to get something up. I do hope yer mates will join up with us again. It was a pleasure to meet them!!

2261515332_cef15624ee.jpgMae and Brig

"My ears hurt!!" That's because yer drinkin it wrong!!" The quote of the event! What is it with twins??? ** wicked grin** Mae and Brig, I am so glad that ye could attend. It was a delight to see ye both again. Brig, ye are a brave lass putting up with the likes of us with a wee one on the way! Mae, we WILL teach ye how to properly drink from an onion bottle, standing on yer toes does NOT help!

Pete.jpg

Pete, the things ye do with that poor parrot... ye have me and the Barcelona baboon beat, hands down! I could... ahem... surely learn a thing or two from ye!! Now will ye please find the damn ship!

Croaker.jpg Croaker (what are those weird clothes yer wearing?)

Relay races with the surgeon... step one, bundle up, make sure ye have yer gloves on, grab smoking implements, ready, steady and then mad dash out into the cold, light up, and pace off 15 feet from the door and see who can smoke their fag fast enough before freezing solid. Sorry to hear ye are not feeling well Croaker... hurry up and get better, after all ye have a crewe, that loves ye, to look after! Oh and thanks fer the ...um... ahem... dance! But in the future, remember, the Captain always leads! ;)

And to Jeff, our new Mr. Symms! As always ye are a delight and yer company greatly appreciated.... ye will make one hell of a steward! But do, try to be kind to the actress...Now, go get those lip rouge stains out of my cravat!!

Jamie, Diane and Gwen, I am so glad ye turned out!! It was truly wonderful spending time with ye all and getting a chance to talk until 5 in the morning...for me that was the nicest bit about the event! And Gwen, thank ye for what ye told me, I truly needed to hear that, I can not tell ye how much that means to me.

And to the Governor, always ready to corrupt me crewe, aren't ye? I can see twill be a hefty sum I be bringing ye to keep ye in my pocket come Port Washington! Sorry I am that yer Mistress ... I mean... ahem... charming Lady could not join us this year. Do give her our warmest regards!

Mr. Bagley and Ilanah, it was truly a pleasure to meet ye both. Thank ye for the splendid libation, very delicious! Please feel free to come play with us and if ye are ever looking for a crewe to call yer own do think about the Archangel.

Electricslide2.jpg

It was good to see Kass and Bob again... Damnation Bob, but ye are incredible to watch on the dance floor, although next time be careful what flies out of yer pockets.... was all I could do to keep the crewe from pouncing on yer belongings.

LillyMaeMckinneyandCaptainJohnSterl.jpg

Lilly and Sterling, the night before the morning after...

Ah Cheeky, my darling girl, well my appearance Sunday morning just about says it all... (ye can peel me off the ceiling any time)... as me dear Sister remarked..."John ye are a sight, if I had lipstick I would add to the mess already on yer face!" but then SHE had her hands full this weekend... horny bastards run in my family!

OH and MR. ROBERTS!!!! IN MY CABIN PLEASE!! I WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH YE... AHEM...HOW DID YER SHIRT AND SHOE END UP IN MY MISTRESS'S BEDROOM???!!! YE HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO, KNOTS OR NO KNOTS!

Off to unpack and go back to bed.... Thank you all, again, for making my birthday an incredible time, one I shall never forget...ye are all sorely missed already!

.... OH...and Mission...

I AM going to KILL YE! ;)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

that's pronounced : "kiss of the green fairy".....not "the green flurry"

by and by....got back to port about 8:30 pm-ish last night....to discover a torrential rain storm (literally) in my basement...a waterfall (litterally) comming down the steps from the kitchen....a lagoon (litterally) upon the bathroom floor....and a broken HOT water pipe(yeah not the cold but the HOT) bursting and geysering (literally) from under the kitchen sink.......

i have been mopping up til 5 am....today waiting for the asbestos removal team to arrive for an estimate...(old house with asbestos wrapped radiator pipes..ruined)...before the insurance will send out a restoration team to help with the water damage....michigan weather...ya got to love it.....

luckily...all my pyratin gear was with me....unluckily...all my other time line gear old west,cival war,armour wepons,wool, material,antiques...etcetc......was under about 2' of very hot water....presently it all smells like my pyrating gear.....

once i find some dry socks...i will send some pics of the weekend....

sometimes its better not to come home...

<_<

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

that's pronounced : "kiss of the green fairy".....not "the green flurry"

I know that. Tis what Cheeky referred to it, so... I really don't need to explain further... do I? ;) Or was that Jamie? At that point I had already been kissed <_<

So sorry to hear about the basement, what a headache... will the insurance cover all your gear?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Mad Dogge,

Sorry to hear about your luck... Hope everything works out for ya.

But it was good to meet you this past weekend, and I really like chattign with you about fencing and sword fighting techniques. Lookign forward to crossing blades with you some day. And thanks again for letting me fondle your fishtail... <_< The kiss of the green fairy was much appreciated as well.

And thanks again Capt. Sterling for your hosplitality and for the bottle of rum! It was fabulous to finally meet you and the rest of the Archangels.

Can't wait to see more pics....

Michael_banner.jpg

Oh Maddogge!

I am sorry to hear about the wading pool in your basement. I do hope that the insurance company sends over someone fast.

In the meantime, bring out your little boat and rubber ducky and bathe in the basement.

Michaelsbagley - splendid surprise it was to meet you and Jessica. Thank you again for hanging out with us and sharing the fun.

My dear Captain...I had a splendid time. I hope you enjoyed your birthday gift I gave to thee <_<;);) and I shall keep your metal of St. George safe until you return.

Pictures are being worked on as we speak...I manage to take 437 of them! Got to luv it!!! More to follow....

Member of "The Forsaken"

To Michael Bagley and his beautiful Jessica, it was a lovely pleasure meeting you both. Michael you are welcome to bring mead ANYTIME and Jessica thank you so much for letting me doll you up before the ball. I hope you were happy with the ‘bunny’ patch. You both looked stunning that night.

Thanks for dolling me up, Cheeky. It was fun! I loved spending time with you and the twins! The bunny....hysterical. I showed the photos to my best friend and she kinda looked, then looked again, then said to me: "Is that a bunny....and what's it doing there?!"

Banner.jpg

2260732579_255ed548c6.jpg

I'm not EVEN gonna ask....snigger

Crewe of the Archangel

2260762635_24b64a53c4.jpg

Ah leave it to Cheeky to photograph only men's backsides.... a certain Vendor and Look that's Pete in the picture... again.... Oi Pete?!? :o<_<

Crewe of the Archangel

Crewe of the Archangel

2260732579_255ed548c6.jpg

I'm not EVEN gonna ask....snigger

Hey... my PANTS!

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Hey... my PANTS!

ROTDLMBAO <_<:o:o

Crewe of the Archangel

Thanks for dolling me up, Cheeky. It was fun! I loved spending time with you and the twins! The bunny....hysterical. I showed the photos to my best friend and she kinda looked, then looked again, then said to me: "Is that a bunny....and what's it doing there?!"

I'll try to post several shots of you this evening Jessica. There are a lot to go through....some are classics others will never be forgotten.

You all Rock!

Member of "The Forsaken"

And some are blackmail shots, so payment requests need to be drawn up and sent out, and some are for Cheeky's private collection only, and some are just too plain scary to show anyone! :o<_<:o

Crewe of the Archangel

Pyrates room at RF4....TigerBillie...Mr.Bottles and M.A.d'Dogge in the hammock

P2090437.jpg

yeah...thats a real dagger in the wall to hold it up....dont worry tho...the wall was unharmed....we just used an old bullet hole (it was chicago ya know)

can you find the bunnies???

P2090455.jpg

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg