Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

Coolies! Thanks for the info, Cheeky.

Starbucks had sandwiches?!? Didn't even see that! I saw they had cookies and brownies, stuff like that.

I don't think I want to leave the hotel. Not that it's going to be freezin' cold out... but, because I don't want to miss a thing!!! :lol:

I was thinking just that, Sterling. Some veggies and fruit, cold cuts, bread... whatever else.

Still hoping I get this gown finished. Barely able to work on it today. Sick. :lol:

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, it is with great regret that I am unable to attend RF4.

I'm no where near better and even if I was better by Thursday, I wouldn't be ready either (since I haven't been able to pack due to the nasty illness).I'm highly bummed and sad as I was SOOOO looking forward to seeing the lot of ye and enjoy the seminars as well as shopping (whether "window" shopping or actually purchasing).

Hugs to you all. Have fun this weekend. And I can't wait to see all your pictures following the event.

Sterling, hope to talk to you soon enough.

MA d'Dogge... That musket stock, I'll get a picture of it taken when I feel better.

Michael, was so eager t' meet ye face to face. Perhaps another time, mate. Have fun though!

And to the rest of you... my sincere apologies and will hopefully see you all when the Fates allow.

~Lady B

:blink:

I wish I could be there, but can't. Missin' everyone already. :huh:

Tis ok, Mary D. Getting a nasty storm right now here. And more projected for tomorrow...and Friday... and monday.

Yeah, this has been the most active snow year I recall! It's unbelievable!

Well for those who go, have fun.

~Lady B

:lol:

Damnation...all that snow and I'm shoving off from Virginia!!

Feel better Lady B. Will miss you greatly!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Yeah, this has been the most active snow year I recall! It's unbelievable!

WHAT!?!?

I am sorry that you fell ill Lady B and that we will not see you this weekend. Pictures (oodles of them~!) Will be taken I assure you!

Ah, RF in Chicago...it never fails their will some type of poor weather abound. But fear not! We will prevail (we always do)!

No need to venture out when all the fun is inside the hotel!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I'm afraid that Lady B forgot to mention that I wont be going either..

since she couldn't go, I couldnt either, and then my grandson got sick and is in the hosptial with RSV and possible pneumonia. Then there is the car accident I had Monday..... ghastly but drove away from it.

I'lll miss you all, and regret not going, I'm sure, since I also had a small surpise planned. However, Lady B is too ill to go, and alas, I'll have to wait til next year, or see you all at BRistol or MNRF....

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

T'was hopin' it wouldn't be a bad year. Yikes. :o

Sterling, would be MORE than happy an' willin' to oblige ye with snow! More than 'nough here!

Thank ye, Cheeky. I'll look forward to seeing them. Granted I'll be whimpering cause I was unable to go.

Will definitely see ye there, Kate! Ye won't be disappointed with Port Wash. Granted, hopefully less rainfall. And less rolling of the fog. And well, the Midwestern Hurricane came in and cut th' Fest short. But, oh well!!! If there be another of that sort... I says PICTURES!!! We can all make our own AWE Maelstrom scene! :o

Again, MerryD... hope that Grandson gets better soon.

And also glad that ye be ok from that accident on Monday. Bloody hell girl! :o

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

I'm afraid that Lady B forgot to mention that I wont be going either..

since she couldn't go, I couldnt either, and then my grandson got sick and is in the hosptial with RSV and possible pneumonia. Then there is the car accident I had Monday..... ghastly but drove away from it.

I'lll miss you all, and regret not going, I'm sure, since I also had a small surpise planned. However, Lady B is too ill to go, and alas, I'll have to wait til next year, or see you all at BRistol or MNRF....

Goodness! I hope things start looking up for you and yours soon ~ 'tis a New year, this is not the way to start!

Wishing you the better times, or, at the very least, much less of what is plaguing you ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

:::whimpers::: :huh:

Already I'm feelin' th' pain o' not bein' there! :(

Alrighty, mates. Looks like we should find another event t' connect at.

PyrateCon?

Port Washington is a given.

Sorry I didn't get t' meet ye Mae. Really wish I could'a been there. :(

~Lady B

:huh:

Had a great time at RF4! It was freaking awesome to meet so many folks from the pub there (The Archangel Crewe) as well as others I know from other forums and time frames...

Anyway, I've sorted through the pics, and uploaded any that I thought were decent to my Flickr account...

Jessica and My photos from RF4

Michael_banner.jpg

Sorry I didn't get t' meet ye Mae. Really wish I could'a been there. :huh:

~Lady B

:huh:

I'm really sorry too Lady B, hopefully we can all meet up soon :huh: RF was wonderful! It was great to see Cheeky and Captain Sterling and the rest of the crew. Mary Diamond and her husband were our hosts for the weekend, and they absolutely spoiled us rotten.

MaeBar-1.png

The world stands out on either side

No wider than the heart is wide.

~E. Millay

Had a great time at RF4! It was freaking awesome to meet so many folks from the pub there (The Archangel Crewe) as well as others I know from other forums and time frames...

Anyway, I've sorted through the pics, and uploaded any that I thought were decent to my Flickr account...

Jessica and My photos from RF4

It was SO great to meet you and Jessica! Felt like we were seeing old friends instead of new acquaintances. The pictures are great, the first I've seen of the event besides Brig's. Hope that you had a safe trip home and we see you again soon!

MaeBar-1.png

~E. Millay

It was SO great to meet you and Jessica! Felt like we were seeing old friends instead of new acquaintances. The pictures are great, the first I've seen of the event besides Brig's. Hope that you had a safe trip home and we see you again soon!

It was wonderful to meet you, your sis, and sis's hubby as well! As well as the rest of the Archangels! A friendlier crewe one could not expect or meet anywhere!

I imagine there will be plenty more pictures surfacing over the next few days as people get settled, recovered, and egt the time to organize their thoughts and digital photos... I can't wait to see more. I'm suprised at how many people Jessica and I missed taking photos of... :huh:

Michael_banner.jpg

I, too, was very impressed by this event: by the content; by the social events; by the vendors; by the scope and ambition' and by the company in particular.

I would recommend it to anyone, with any degree of involvement in reenactment. A non-reenactor friend of mine attended with his son merely as spectators, and said just the vendor section alone was worth the price of admission. And I can attest the professionalism and value of information sessions and presentations I attended. It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to next year.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

MerryD and LadyB ... sorry you were unable to attend.

Everyone else -- where were you? You missed one hell of a fun event.

Reenactor Fest is an event that celebrates historical reenactors from every time period (in case that distinction was lost along the way) and if this defines you in any way, you should have made an attempt to attend. So, make an attempt to attend the next one. This event is getting bigger and better every time, and is not to be missed.

I cannot recommend this event highly enough. I presume most all of you historical reenactors are not pigeon-holed into one narrow time period, so this event has a lot to offer -- in information, networking opportunities and merchandise -- in multiple time periods in addition to your favorite, which will undoubtedly expand and enrich your horizons. However -- if you are solely a "Fantasy" pirate with no interest in historical authenticity (and I have met my fair share!), then this event has little or nothing to offer.

I am looking forward to RF5.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Everyone else -- where were you? You missed one hell of a fun event.

That you did....ask Pete about his twelve-inch, err, parrot sometime.

"Wot, the curtains?" Brilliant.

MaeBar-1.png

~E. Millay

A FANTASTIC event ~ educational & informative seminars, wallet-draining shopping opportunities, stunning eye-candy people watching from every timeframe (non-fantasy), dancing & carousing like you would not believe...

A few pics:

DSCF1559.jpg

Matt & MadDogge

DSCF1569.jpg

DSCF1574.jpg

DSCF1575.jpg

Gwen tending an ill Billy

DSCF1577.jpg

Mae & Brig at camp

DSCF1579.jpg

DSCF1596.jpg

At the Ball ~ Michael Bagley in the background with "Ceasar", Gwen, Billy, Jamie and Diane in various period dress

DSCF1598.jpg

Mae Crucibelle, Brig & Jack Roberts (aka Amanjira)

DSCF1642.jpg

Our Landing Party encampment

DSCF1647.jpg

Some of the Crewe

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!