Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Momma took over 1500... dang...still waiting...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

And Cheeky's will be up again... she is just having problems with her pc... just doesn't want to cooperate...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

(Smiling...trying not to show too much frustration)...

I am seriously thinking of throwning 'said computer' out the window!

Did you know that a PC screen hallowed out makes a great fish bowl? Thanks Create TV (Public Television rocks)

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Alright...(big Sigh)...with the help from my work computer and a special thank you to Kate for letting me grab some of her kewl shots - here is the link to my Reenactor Fest 5 photobucket account!

Enjoy!

Clickie here for Reenactor Fest 5 photos

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

damn wrong thread...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

February 5th - 7th, 2010 | Reenactor Fest 6 Chicago

Wheeling, ILLINOIS

Special guest of honor Jason Salkey (Rifleman Harris from the Sharpe series). Reenactor Fest is an indoor convention for all reenacting time periods, from the Roman Empire through Vietnam. Guests are encouraged to attend in period dress! The 3 day celebration features hundreds of quality vendor tables, LIVE demonstrations of historical military & cultural activities every day, interesting seminars and lectures on a myriad of topics, a Reenactor's Ball, plus music, food and there is ALWAYS a party going on after the sun goes down! Please check the SCHEDULE link to keep up on what seminars are planned. Discounted overnight stay rates for convention attendees will be available right here on this website. See you there! Reenactor Fest is open to the public, and has stuff for all ages to see and do. Buy tickets online. Prices go up after Jan. 5, 2010.

Held at the Westin Chicago North Shore, with discounted room rates for attendees. Book your room through the event website.

Rooms are still available for this event....but they are going fast.

Please click on the link for further details.

Chicago Location, Hotel Res. and Advance Ticket Sales

Note: Reenactor Fest 6 - Philadelphia was canceled

Edited by Stynky Tudor
Additional event web links and supposed organization.

Member of "The Forsaken"

As much as I would love to stay at the hotel, I think I'm gonna stay at my dad's house (since he just moved to Chicago).

Now... just to find a way to get there. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Cat fight mudwrestling? Phhfsttt! That's NOTHING. :P I shan't say more than that. :D

And yes, Cheeky... ye are right... NEVER a dull moment. Sometimes, that's an understatement. ;)

Hopefully I'll have the new outfits finished in time! Eeegahds!

~Lady B

The wife and I will be taking a hiatus from this event this year as well... There will be a ton of people we won't get to see because of this, and we will sorely miss them all, but we need to start cutting back on some of the travel. With Searle's Raid and some of the other events we want to attend this spring, something had to take the hit, and it just happened to be RF this year.

Michael_banner.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I'll be arriving around noon on Saturday and staying through till the end Sunday. Not wearing pirate rig, I don't think. Probably my ECW officers rig. It packs smaller and I will NOT pay for checked bags.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I will be drinking heavily in attendance.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Since Julie can't drink now, I'm actually drinking for three.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Gee wiz, Bottles! :unsure:

:::sniffles::: Well, Bollows knows I won't be coming... again. I have no way of getting to Chicago. :blink: Blast! Wish they would hurry up with those railways to Chicago. I was gonna stay at my Dad's new home, too. :::Whimpers:::

Have fun, folks. :unsure: Take plenty of pictures. Tell Bollows ahoy for me.

REALLY do not want to be making it a habit of making an event only once. :unsure:

Again, have fun everyone. Pictures! Don't forget th' pictures.

~Lady B

• 8 months later...

THIS JUST IN!

Reenactor Fest has joined forces with Osprey Publishing, W. Britain and Casemate Publishing to expand our convention and take it to the next level!

We are adding toy soldier / model dealers, painting workshops and activities, more books, guest authors and a few other surprises! To better represent our expanded offerings we decided to rename the show MILITARY HISTORY FEST. Nothing you love about Reenactor Fest is changing other than the name and the added activities. We think you’ll love the new things to do, buy and see!

When: February 18 thru February 20, 2011

Where: Westin Chicago North Shore in Wheeling IL.

The special discounted convention room rate is $119.00 per night, plus tax. But Hurry....First block of rooms are already sold out!

ReenactorFest Discounted Rooms

For more information regarding this event....Click Below...

ReenactorFest VII

Member of "The Forsaken"

I'd love to get the sutlery out there, but 6 nights hotel plus gas, plus fees and it's not financially viable. Especially with the reduced table size. Not to mention driving across NYS in February. Any chance we're ever going to get this on the East coast?

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg