Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rats said it not me. I was thinkin' it, but didn't say it. Too much of a Lady fo' that. B'sides... Cheeky, I'd rather have her around than get rid of her.

:::points to Rats::: Again, he said it!

Aye, Sterling. Tis the downside of bein' constantly aboard ship.... no room for th' horsey. ::le sigh::: Oh, how I fancy a Friesian.

Oh and Bellows threatened that if I didn't attend RF5, he'd cry the whole freakin' weekend. :lol: LMAO! I'm tempted t' say I'm not goin' to see if he actually WILL do said emotional reaction.

Sleep? What th' bloody devil is that? Hell if I did any sleeping at RF in '07, it was head on pillow out like a light with next recollection of waking up bloody early hour.

Welp, Silkie... I believe I have a roomie... but still more than welcome t' room with this Lady. :) Floor? I'd have nothin' of it, lass. I suppose, is someone isn't afraid of doubling in a bed, I'm ok with it. Just sleep, nothin' more folks.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Actually I have to get my mask fixed... I haven't been able to use my machine for the last month or so.... Yes I can feel the lack of sleep!!!
I know what you see. When I am camping away from electricity it really takes it out of me ...and those who camp near me ...they can't sleep for the noise!

Just finishing up some details on the Friday Night Game. I actually logged on here because I am missing a photograph. Back to work...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Quartermaster...

This is a fun event... But it is more "conference" style than what I imagine the New Orleans event to be. The Ball at RF is awesome (if you like that sort of thing), the shopping is good, but it's better if you are into WW2.... The selection for Colonials wasn't as good as I had hoped it to be (last year).

Honestly, if I had limited travel... I probably wouldn't do New Orleans OR RF, but instead go to an event like Searle's Raid, or the Hampton BlackBeard Festival, or best of all, save your money for Pirates in Paradise.... But as RF is only a 5 hour drive (give or take), I'll be there... I did have some friends try to talk me into New Orleans, but it was too much money and it runs the same time as Searle's Raid, and I am far more dead set on getting to that one this year.

I'm not trying to disparage RF here, but I said it last year, and I will say it again (and always)... When it comes down to a choice of actually re-enacting, or going to a conference about re-enacting, I will choose doing it over talking about doing it every time. :rolleyes: Fortunately, RF doesn;t conflict with any events I want to go to, so i can do both. :P

Edited by michaelsbagley
Michael_banner.jpg

Good to know. If i was a Pirate reenactor, then I would be the worst =). By conference, do you mean a convention of sorts? To be honest, my only previous knowledge of conventions have been star trek and a couple comic book ones from way back in the day.

I heard they are having a Pirate Lounge this year and that's what is making me think of going. Even if the con isn't all that great, it looks like there's a nice place to just hang out.

I've never even been to N.O. let alone their pirate gathering. At double the cost, I'm conflicted on what to do.

Thanks for the info mate.

Yeah, "Convention" is a much better word... Conference makes it sound like a bunch of suits sitting around and that is not what it is about.

Pirates are a small part of what RF is about, there are Romans, Vikings, WW1 and WW2, Vietnam War, Civil War, all kinds of historical re-enactors there. The stress on RF is history, but there are no standards (not even all attendees dress up), but it is history focussed... It's an awesome event to learn, chat, network with other re-enactors (of any and every period).....

Ultimately if you are looking for a more rum and yo-ho-ho sort of event, I wiould guess New Orleans (although more expensive) would likely be a lot more of what you are looking for.

Michael_banner.jpg

:::nods in agreement with Michael:::

Reenactor Fest is indeed a convention for living historians. An awesome bunch of historical portrayers of all sorts and eras.

It's a great event. Really it is. Absolutely recommended highly as a convention. Pirates are welcome but (and I hate saying this) the historically authentic pirates IF ye dress up. Ye can always walk around in modern clothes. Ye can always purchase items there. Trust me when I say there are plenty to purchase from. :rolleyes: Just make sure you have LOTS of money with ye if ye plan to shop or have a particular list and pray to God you won't get suckered into buying something more. LOL

RF has been rather open to pirates cause the Archangel has been doing a FANTASTIC job as historical pirates. And as always... hell, these guys are FUN!

But if you are looking for all around piratey like most pirate festivals, the PyrateCon or Pyrate Week is yo'r thing.

So, it really boils down to the pirate festival or the convention for living historians.

~Lady B

It's a fabulous and fun convention for living historians. And that alone sets it apart from other conventions and even most events.

But as I said, anyone is welcome if not highly encouraged to attend. But again, it's an event that ye don't want to be wearin' a Jack Sparrow outfit to.

~Lady B

Ye were naked on Sunday!?! I don't remember that... Where was I??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

...Sleeping off the Green Fairy?????

Actually, we got up late and didn't stay long Sunday....so I don't remember!

I have to ask as bit an lowely deck hand, but be that yer ship in your signature?

Seems me been a bit hijacked. Either that or I now know why me rums all gone...Whilst I WISH I was a force within the brethren, I was not even there on SUnday nor any other day at Pip not the Reenactor's Fest. My apologies for the falsity of the knave whom has assumed mine identity. I have a cutlass reserved for the brigand. It be dull and a bit rusty, yet I feel sure, twill not be an effort to run it through the scurvy knave.

Edited by Captain Mickey

Mickey Flint

First Mate o' the Harbinger

Me Website...

l_86c90f45206f4ce9bad5d7f52fdc1fc6.jpg

Oy!

Is anyone goin' to How to Be A Street Performer by Emmett Miller at 1pm in Room B on Saturday? I'm torn between them but I think I'm going to the Persona 101 at that time on Room A though. So, if someone's goin' to that, ye think ye can obtain a taping of that somehow fo' me? If not, tis ok. I don't think I'll be disappointed with the Persona 101.

Friday looks like a great day to wander about. Hmm... should finish my Habit in time for that day, aye? OR just wear th' habit for Saturday. Most likely 'll go in m' civvies on Sunday.

See, QM.. ye are encouraged to wear period attire if ye have it or wish to.. but also encouraged to wear civvies if he feel ye don't want to dress up at all and just wish to enjoy the event. I'd say from RF2 there was a good amount of those who wore civvies (modern attire) that attended and greatly enjoyed themselves.

Lookin' forward to the sushi!

Sterling, I haven't a clue where to cook if I would cook, Captain. I haven't a braiser and I doubt th' hotel would fancy the idea of m' cookin' inside somewhere. How's about at some event where one can cook. Aye? :rolleyes:

~Lady B

Big News from RF-HQ!

This just in! Big things are happening at RF HQ! The giant vendor hall sold out back in early November, something that has never happened before in our convention's short history.

The discounted room block we had SOLD OUT in November and the Westin had to give us more rooms (which are nearly gone) and the seminar schedule and live schedule are booked solid.

This is going to be our biggest and best RF ever!!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

O'Hare

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/