Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

A little bird informed me that there are 'dealings in the works' to push it to the East Coast...perhaps next year...but that plan is still being tabled as of the moment. A meeting has taken place, but no word yet on the over-all outcome of 'said' meeting. I do hope to have good news for you East Coasters soon.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall miss th' title "Reenactor Fest". Always seemed something incredible special for a convention titled "Reenactor Fest" making it feel more for the living historian. Military History Fest seems so... dull and generic. Feels like the reenactor gets lots in all that. My opinion actually. ;) Oh, well. Tis someone else's baby here. They decided.

But shall look forward to attending the Event. :) Barring a massive snow storm at least.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

To those of you who have heard of the wonderful Convention hosted in Chicago, IL every February....

Dear History Buffs, Historians, Educators and Reenactors, Those of us who are involved, have experienced this event, and are excited about history are humbly asking for your help in educating people about the Reenactor Fest name change. If you haven't heard, the convention has picked up three big sponsors: Osprey Publishing, Casemate Publishing and W. Britain miniatures. They are bringing exciting new elements to the show: more authors, more books, collectible toy soldiers, and miniature gaming. To reflect these additional offerings it was decided to make the name of the show more general, so as to not scare away people in the history hobby who aren't reenactors.

That's when the creator and founder, Mike E. Bollow's came up with Military History Fest - Reenacting and Trade Faire.

Despite shouting himself hoarse that the show isn't changing; in name only, some people in the hobby are still confused and now think the show is going to exclude civilian impressions. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!! Take a few seconds to glance at the convention web-site and you'll clearly see that is 100% false.

The seminars and workshops that are listed thus far are about women's topics, civilian are living history! We have expanded the dance classes this year, and are offering more for kids than ever! We cannot forget that kids are the future of this hobby!

Therefore, some folks need a little extra help in learning the truth, so if you know any of these folks who are scratching their heads, please help by enlightening them!

We look forward to seeing everybody on Feb 18-20, 2011! Don't forget to get your DISCOUNTED ADVANCED TICKETS on-line and book your room at www.reenactorfest.com

Happy Holidays! <A href="http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.reenactorfest.com%252F&h=6414a&ref=nf" target=_blank>http://www.reenactorfest.com/

Member of "The Forsaken"

Different name but the same brilliantly awesome, incredibly fun, highly educational, and... well, all the same fun as in the past... but better! <_<

Still an event that NO ONE should miss. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 year later...

It's that time of year again! Welcome to Military History Fest! We are an indoor convention for Military History buffs, Reenactors, collectors and Cultural Historians from all time periods, from the Roman Empire through the modern day. The excitement and camaraderie that happens at this show is electric, and I can't wait to get everybody together again! This family friendly 3 day celebration features hundreds of quality vendor tables, LIVE demonstrations of historical military & cultural activities every day, musical performances, interesting seminars and lectures on a myriad of topics, a Reenactor's Ball, and there is ALWAYS a party going on after the sun goes down!

Military History Fest XIII starts Feb. 3-5, 2012 at the Pheasant Run Resort and Convention Center.

Friday 2pm - 6pm

Saturday 9 am - 6pm

Sunday 9 am - 2pm

That's right, this year we are in a new place...because we out grew the old ones! With the new location, we are offering more vendors, more displays, including full indoor encampments, military vehicles and heavy weapons! Plus, on Friday Veterans are FREE as a thank you for their serv

Here is the link for the Advance Ticket Sales - Remember, you have until January 10th for discount prices!

http://www.reenactorfest.com/Reenactor_Fest/Tickets.html

For those of you who have never been to the new location, here is their website for you to look at

http://www.pheasantrun.com/

Book your room here!

http://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/istay.jsp?groupID=504897&hotelID=2932

We hope that everyone will come out and experience the new and exciting events we

have plan. See you there!

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 1 month later...

Thank you all who attended this year's Military History Fest IIIX at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL this year. For those who have never been, this year was quite different from the last events. The event offered more...more reenactors, more seminars, more vendors and of course...this year, encampments.

Out of 13 encampments which signed up this year to compete, I am proud to say that the pirate group, The Forsaken, made their mark on their reenactment peers by ranking second in the competition...Great Job to everyone in the group.

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 10 months later...

Start 2013 off Right! Come and be part of the Military History Fest! We are an indoor convention for Military History buffs, Reenactors, collectors and Cultural Historians from all time periods, from the Roman Empire through the modern day. The excitement and camaraderie that happens at this show is electric, and I can't wait to get everybody together again! This family friendly 3 day celebration features hundreds of quality vendor tables, LIVE demonstrations of historical military & cultural activities every day, musical performances, interesting seminars and lectures on a myriad of topics, a Reenactor's Ball, and there is ALWAYS a party going on after the sun goes down!

Military History Fest IXI starts Feb. 1-3, 2013 at the Pheasant Run Resort and Convention Center.

Here is the link for the Advance Ticket Sales -

http://www.reenactorfest.com/Reenactor_Fest/Tickets.html

For those of you who have never been to this location, here is their website for you to look at

http://www.pheasantrun.com/

Book your room here!

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/g_reservation.cfm?groupID=555508&hotelID=2932

We hope that everyone will come out and experience the new and exciting events we have plan. See you there!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Cheeky, your 1st link is broken and the last one says the group code for the reservation is invalid.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow, the room prices aren't as outrageous as I thought they'd be. I have to think about this one...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Mickey and thank you for the fix of the link. Yes, Mission...we have three weeks left and currently the rooms are selling out quickly. So, best make your decision on this one quickly! Don't forget to ask for the Military History Fest Rate!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Nah, I'm going to pass on it. But thanks for the heads up.

Mission_banner5.JPG