Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray you....Good People!

There are three (3) days left before this wonderful, trade show/net-working/lecture gathering/party begins!

There will be lots to see, do, and don't forget to stop by and say hello to Bilgemunky in his very own pirate lounge!

There will be all sorts of lectures, demos and shopping...don't forget the ball on Saturday night!

Hey Maddogge...the ladies of Rakhshanda Tribal Dance ( Athena, Emilie and Leize) will be attending again this year...remember to bring your dingle-dangle jingly bits!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Sorry I won't be able to make it. The leg still ain't ready for an 8-9 hour drive and all the walkin about yet. Say hello to all for me and tell Mr. Dollinger at Smokin' Iron Bo says Howdy. He's a good man and has some fine clothing too. Anyhow, have fun.

Bo

Sorry that you will not be able to make it, Capt. Bo. I am sure that Captain Sterling and I will stop by during the weekend and say hello to Mr. Dollinger of Smokin' Iron.

Like always...we'll have pictures to show and stories to tell...hope you feel better soon!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Well, I have to confess that I'm disappointed that I won't get to hang out with you, Bo, but I understand and I hope you heal well.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

:::: waves with a handkerchief::: :(

Do have fun at RF5, everyone. Will SOOO miss you all. And also other who will be there whom I was really looking foward to seeing again.

And if anyone gets th' chance, say Hello to Mr Kazwick. He'll either be wearing his Brit Officer uniform or his Washington's Guard uniform and is with the NWTA. Stately fellow.

Shall see you all when you get back.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Once Fayma gets her pics sorted and posted.... Let's just say wow.... I'm a little confused that wife didn't post the pics of us together at the ball... :rolleyes:

Okay, Im going to relate a short tale of something that happenned to me Friday night. Good for a chuckle...

Kate and I arrived around 10:00 PM, we got settled in our room, relaxed for a bit and then decided to go down and see if there was anyone about. Well there were plenty of people we knew about, and just about all of them were in quite a state. I'm sure there are a few tales to be told during this part of the evening, but I'm not going there (yet). After a bit, we retreated to M.A.d'Dogge's chamber for further beverage consumption. So good ol' Allutious starts passing around the Guiness. They're those bottles of Guinness draught with the little CO2 thingies in them that are supposed to carbonate the guiness on openning unlike normal cans and bottles. So M.A.d'Dogge opens his, no problem, wife opens hers, again no problem, Brian opens his, no problem... and then I crack mine open... Woofer strikes again. No carbonation. :P:P:P

Dutch, when I find out which one of your crew cursed me with that nick name... There is gonna be hell to pay! :P Now I can't even open a beer without living up to that name!!! It's bad enough I can't get ignition on a musket, but to take away my beer!!!! That is just criminal!!!!!!

Michael_banner.jpg

Dear Mickey.

I am so happy that you and Kate could make it out to Chicago this year. I do hope that you two had fun and we always enjoy seeing you two.

Yes, there will be MORE photos to post...that's for sure. I have over 400 of them and I am trying to sort through them and clean them up a bit before I post them on my Photobucket account.

With that being said...I need to soak my feet (dang...another "MY FEET" event) and relax and spend some time with my husband tonight.

I hope you all have a great time of it...will post the photos or the link in a few days!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Mickey and Kate's Photos

I had to delete all the photos and start again, so the old link might not work. I got lost as to what I had and had not posted yet.

OH. And I have decided that Pete is my Uncle....Crazy Uncle Pete. Or Comrade Primate, as Mickey calls him.

Hey you!!

Me an Mags here!! We luv the pics!! very cool!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Fabulous Photos, Kate and Mickey. :)

Looks like a fun time was had fo' sure. Hehehehe.

Absolutely LOVELY mantua, Kate. Job well done, lass.

And likewise with ye, Cheeky. Gorgeous mantua!

Ummm... dare I ask who was th' big Ape dancin' 'round at the Ball?

And fabulous weather t' boot this year, aye? Got lucky. :blink:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Wow! Great shots there Kate. Looks like you captured some great moments. Sharing these really makes me feel bad for not being able to hang with you guys 110 percent of the time. Just one of the down sides on working at this event. But as long as you guys had fun...and the pictures show it...I am happy.

I am trying to do Photobucket meself. (Shakes fists into air showing frustration)...I feel your pain. I could only down load 23 thus far...but I am working on it! When I get the whole thing up and running, I will let you know.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Ye both looked quite grand, twas fun watching ye dance.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/