Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

Can you believe it?! We haven't even done Reenactor Fest III - Gettysburg and we are rolling out Reenactor Fest IV - Chicago (Arlington Heights, IL)

Mark your calendars – The dates for 2008 are February 8-10!

Where: The Sheraton Chicago Northwest, Arlington Heights, IL

Cost: $15 - 1 day, $20 - 2 days, $25 for all 3

Notes: All historical impressions welcome! Vendor Hall, Seminars, Grand Ball, Live Entertainment & More!

See you there!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booking Hotel Rooms!

Once again, discounted room rates of $98 per night are available for Reenactor Fest attendees at the Sheraton Chicago Northwest hotel.

Reenactor Fest Discount Hotel Rooms - Sheraton Chicago Northwest

Click on the link and book your rooms now!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Sjöröveren, you know you get coffee in your room, right? <_<

Not to mention they just opened up a Starbucks in the lobby last year...so if you need a fix - you are all set!

Oh, and we are working on some very impressive lecture hosts for RF4 - keep your fingers crossed you lot. This could be the BEST Reenactor Fest yet!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Where else would I spend the naturalist's birthday? :ph34r::rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Room is booked and ready for RF4.

Will be starting on my new gown soon to show off at RF4.

And will be purchasing those tickets soon, too!

Oh, I do belive the 4th Mass will be there, too, at RF4. Would be a GREAT time to discuss with them Port Washington. Perhaps a couple others from the NWTA to convince them to come. Maybe do some scenario planning so to speak. Showcase more reenactment and realistic stuff at Port Washington.

Hehehe... Sterling being like the Mercer baddie... having all the Soldier's backing him up and arresting the pirates. Oooooo....

Oh, what fun it will be!

MUST DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!! ;);););):huh:

~Lady B

:huh:

PS.. :::looks at Sterling;:: Naturalist? :huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Naturalist... our bug collector/explorer ... Mr. March's youngest.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Well...my room is also booked. I am surprised, they are filling up FAST!

Let's see....get there Thursday night, help with SCHTUFF (as Rats puts it) - and see all you wonderful people again!!!!

Lady B,

The More the Merrier! My word! Looks like our Captain will have to make sure he is armed to the teeth the RF4!

Member of "The Forsaken"

The More the Merrier! My word! Looks like our Captain will have to make sure he is armed to the teeth the RF4!

Snigger.... depending on who's coming, I just might have to be.... :rolleyes::huh::rolleyes::huh:

Crewe of the Archangel

Oh, dear Lord... :unsure:

Sterling's gone mad.

:unsure: All in all, I'm sure it will be a blast!

Naturalist. Hmm... Why do I have the words playing within my head of that wee lad from "Master and Commander" becoming a "fighting Naturalist". :huh:

Tis a good thing I obtained my room then, eh, Cheeky?

~Lady B

:huh:

Oh, dear Lord... :o

Sterling's gone mad.

You are just figuring that out now?! :o:o:o

Crewe of the Archangel

Just never believed it until now.

I'll keep m' weapons closer to m' body and m' eyes sharp keepin' ye in sight with caution.

:o

~Lady B

:o

Exciting news!

Reenactor Fest 4 will be the first year we have a celebrity

or two in attendance!

Things are looking very positive that we'll have British star Jason Salkey from the mega-popular Sharpe's series (starring Sean Bean from Lord of the Rings and Goldeneye among others).

Mr. Salkey was a key member of the cast, playing Rifleman Harris in every single episode. It's more of a long-shot, but we are also trying to

get Bernard Cornwell, the author of the Sharpe's series of books as well as MANY other historical works. Keep your fingers crossed on that one!

In any case, RF4 is going to be the biggest and best one yet! :rolleyes:

Member of "The Forsaken"

Ooooo... How wicked!

Heard of that series. Not seen it.

I find it absolutely intreguing how those uniforms were awefully close in likeness to Simcoe & Tarleton's Legions uniforms. :unsure:

Can't wait to see what more is in store!

~Lady B

:unsure:

• 1 month later...

Okay People...TWO months and counting for Reenactor Fest 4! Are you ready...

Just recouping from RF3 and with the Holidays around the corner, we are working fast to get things up and running.

We are still looking for those who wish to 'donate' their time by doing a lecture or live demo. For those of you who want to help,

Please contact reenactorfest.com - click on the contact link. to chat with Mike Bollow-Director.

Thank you.

Member of "The Forsaken"

I have off that weekend and would be glad to go. Now if a set is needed, I would be glad to assist. However, as some of you know, my shoulder was dislocated and I doubt will be up for such extreme lifting....

Though I wouldn't mind bringing... Well you know what we have!!!!

The question is where should we set up and how much room can we steal???

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Rather liked where we were actually when you really think about the location...what say you?

Crewe of the Archangel

Ready? No. B)

Working on my new gown. FINALLY just started it. I'm pushing my luck to have it fully finished in time for RF4. :::knocks on the wood of the Black Pearl::: Hopefully it'll be fully done in time.

Otherwise, I'm ready... I think.

Poor Rats. ;) Just... becareful with doing "shout" this year then at the Ball late night.

Oh! Cheeky... If I may... offer a recommendation of a Speaker some year. Dr Anthony Scotti has studied the British Legion for many years. I've heard him before at a couple symposiums held in SC. And his information on not just the British Legion but some battles in the South are priceless!

There are a few good Researchers who are fantastic in the era of the Rev War with their information.

~Lady B

B)

A nice area indeed!

If possible closer to the door.... Such as where the Romans or the Revwar fellows were, even better.

However, the question then is... Do we want to bring in an overhead canvas and lanterns for the full effect???

Were we allowed candles???

We also need recruit sheets and such!!

Perhaps an improvised servant auction and or payment of the crew??

Has anyone contacted the Marches, the Rydens or the Swansons about this venture?? Then there are our "plank walkers"????

Matty Bottles! Are you out there???

I will also be perfectly honest... It's worth going just to see Captain Pete "perform" to Paradise by the Dashboard Lights!!!

I won't even get started with the Time Warp!!

JMHO!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Rats,

As for 'real' flame...this would be a huge no-no. Blaze would diffenently put the kibosh on this.

For security sake, I would like to see us where we were last year...located behind the closed doors. This is because the Romans had to move everything back behind the doors after hours. Way too much for us to do - besides set up last year took 2 1/2 hours.

I will confirm location with Mike.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Rats, Matty is here and planning to go - with a few prospects, hopefully. I'll be able to help you lift and whatnot. I wonder if we could possibly set up the tavern, if space allows...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum