Costumes

Christine

Since Halloween is this month it got me thinking: How many costumes do you all have, other than just pirate garb?

Here's my list:

1) Supergirl

2) Alice in Wonderland-G-rated Disney version

3) Alice in Wonderland-Sexy version

4) Renaissance/Pirate Garb-Bodice, a variety of blouses, skirts, chemises and a pirate feathered hat and boots.

4) Vampire bride/victim-Long flowing nightgowns, cloaks/capes, robes, vampire fangs

5) Catwoman....kind of, but it really belongs to my guyfriend Wally. I gave my measurements for the costume tho, but it stays at Wally's house

6) French Maid

7) Sexy Devil

8)Elvira, but it's also been used for Morticia from Addam's Family and also just for a witch complete with witch hat

9)Fairy stuff complete with fairy wings, thinking of dressing as Tinkerbell eventually

I'm debating of what to dress-up as for work. Trying to find a safe costume that doesn't show off too much. I don't need the pervy, old male residents checking me out. Which is why none of the costumes I already own are safe for work, lol! I'm thinking maybe Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty, both cover a lot and it looks cute as well. :blink:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

1) Piratess

2) Witch

3) Ren Faire

4) Flapper

5) Priss from Blade Runner

6) Mother Nature + Wand

7) Mardi Gras Ballgown + Mask

8) 1930's Lace Gown and Hat

9) Saloon Girl

10) Chinese Dress

11) Japanese Kimono + access.

12) Queen + Crown

13) Carnivale + Mask

14) Devil Mistress

15) Vamp + sceptor

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Hmmm...

Apart from pyrate, there's:

Renaissance general look, plus the duellist variant.

Old West (both realistic and Hollywood)

Partial Civil War officer (still piecing it together)

Firefly-inspired Shepherd (preacher, for those who don't know the show)

(yeah, the last three share some costuming pieces, I know)

Redneck -- wait, those are work clothes.

I've done many others, but mostly stuff with makeup, not what you'd call a permanent costume (I've played many a zombie, a couple of werewolves, and Satan, etc.).

sig2.jpg

5) Priss from Blade Runner

I just saw that again this weekend. What a compelling story. (What an awful score. I wish anyone else had scored that movie.)

I have a bin that contains components from which I assemble costumes for Haunted House when the mood takes. It's your basic stuff - a skeleton shirt, biker boots, a black robe, a mailman shirt and pants (a fan of my character Mute got me the pants. ;) ), make-up, hairsprays, flotsam and jetsam. There are some photos...

1. Mute who killed the mailman

2. Weird Poetry Monk Guy

The beauty of my bin o' costumes is that I can make all sorts of different combinations and permutations.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

;)

Well, tis a lot in the Period attire so to speak (some of it I got to get rid of).

Now, can't remember if I still have the following or not. I think I do, jsut stashed away somewhere.

1. Star Trek Next Gen Bajorn (?) officer

2. Pioneer gal

3. Wench

Others I got rid of already.

I think I'm forgetting another... but can't remember.

Yeah, wish I had the time, space and coinage to make other outfits. I've a drawing pad half full of costume designs I'd LOVE to do.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh have you still got a picture of the Death, Fourth Horsemen of the Apocalypse? That one was really cool.

Don't forget your Noface costume.

But that Scarecrow costume, I remember that night when you walked in the room. I couldn't stop staring at it. It was Brilliant!

Oh have you still got a picture of the Death, Fourth Horsemen of the Apocalypse?  That one was really cool.

That does sound really cool. Please post pics!

Your scarecrow looks interesting - I take it there are mechanics inside? There used to be a company called Death Studios that made a scarecrow mask that I really wished I had purchased. But it was too expensive, so I never bought it. (And think about it every time someone starts talking about scarecrows and Halloween.)

scarecrow_deathstudios.jpg

[edit] Well, I'll be...they're still in business and selling that mask!

http://www.deathstudios.com/Masks/Mask.cfm?MID=90

They're expensive, but they make damned nice masks. In fact, for their price, they're some of the best I've seen.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg