What would you miss?

JohnnyTarr

First thing that comes to mind is internet, but...

Modern medicine, propane heating, hot water, an oven, refrigeration, food preservation, not-the-constant-threat-of-dying, religious freedom, are all close seconds. :lol:

I've got the heart of a pirate, just not the garb...

My insulin pump. (Not for very long, though.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Antibiotics, Extra strength Bayer :lol: , modern plumbing, microweave thermals, sunglasses, rasberry white iced tea, email and chat, the occasional 5 star resort vacation, my family and others

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Th' idea is not to miss....

With Flintlock guns, you only get one shot befor ya gotta re-load...... :ph34r:

:ph34r: NOW DATS A FACT OF TRUTH PAT OL' MATE!

OL' BLACK JACK WILL PROBABLY MISS ALL DA MODERN MEDICAL WONDERS DAT CLEARS MY ROT n' BURNIN' DRIPS (if ya knows what I means). :ph34r: mercury n' a pewter syringe just ain't my cup o tea.... :ph34r:

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

Modern medicine, big one there...

Sanitary conditions, for anything from eating on down...

Might be too enthralled to miss else...

Recording devices... would want to record all this, if I were coming back to the present...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Okay what would I miss? Hmmm, well, I would definitely miss modern medicine, and all sanitary conditions, and although they had music back then I would miss the ease in which we may listen to it today.

I would also miss my Husband, son and other family members and many friends as well. And I must not forget my seven kitty cats, I would miss them all very much.

However, I would be so enthralled and excited by going back in time to such a great age that I would truly enjoy the experience. And I would be sure to have some type of paper and writing utensil so that I could keep a journal during my stay so that when my time travel trip was over I could share my adventures with my family and friends..

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

It would be a lot different without the ol'porcelain ralph.

Where does one find the toilet to do one's business? We'd be doin it ln the back yard like ol' rover'.....that includes the number two.

The 'Seat of Ease' has been around in some form or another for centuries...

The Outhouse in the back, or some indoor setup... Chamberpots as well...

Onboard ships... In the navy, the term is 'The Head'... Meaning, you go to the 'head' of the ship, the beakshead, which is where the seats of ease were located... which were essentially holes in 'benches' on each side... open to the elements...

Mayhaps Foxe might provide us with some images of the head on his fine vessel...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

When I get there we can all discourse on it then B)

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

• 3 weeks later...

Pack em wit ye lass :P .........arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh the rovenest pair o pick sox they be

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I'd miss my ATM debitMastercard. But the I wish we had all coin money again so..theres a trade off I suppose...

Oh and sunglasses I live in sunglasses year round

Would you be losing em ta sharks?

Hmm, my gloves that I cut the fingers out of....did they have those back then???

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

I'd miss saying all of the smart ass smack that jumps out of my mouth. Either I would be in the pillory or over the railing, or maybe just beaten. I like the freedom to say stupid stuph.

But reenactment has taught me that I can do without a lot of modern amenities, but not toilet paper...

Your most and obliged humble servant,

William Dezoma