Port Washington Pirate Fest 2008

LadyBarbossa

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a strange day that was.... from tordados and bolts of lightning burning me arse... To booze hags in the VFW... an all I wanted to do was eat my chinese food....

Did I mention I finally found it....this week!!!! B)

No lie... It was growing legs and a head in a long forgotten plactic bin....Anyone want some?? B)

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Eewwww... GROSS!!! B) Might I highly recommend th' Black Rat or even th' White Rat next time. Already on a stick in case o' situations of that sort.

Aye, MAd'Dogge, Port Wash survived a tornado... so to speak. Though it didn't hit the specific grounds.. but I tell ye what, most were soaked like drowned rats, cats and mutts if not stupid to want t' try and have a look see by stayin' outside or up against windows in th' Midwestern Hurricane.

Calypso - Ok, actually Mother Nature - unleashed her fury ... an' we pirates survived it!

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

aye though ...i was still wearring me armour from the parade...no wind could move me...so i believe about three different pyrates strapped themselves to me!!!....until it started lightning...then everyone ran from me......though i wasn't quite sure why???

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

OK OK!! enough of the shara--sharady...The lies!!

I can't live with myself anymore!!!!

You see... There was no tornado!!!!!

It was all just a plot orchestraddled by Mad Dog and me own-self, so's we could steal the WindyII......We figured with everyone taking cover, we'd be able to get away with it.....And we would have too if not for you meddling kids and your stupid talking dog!!!!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry missed out on the Parade. But heard from Jack Sparrow - uhh, TJ - that it was a rather good event. Chilly and rather cold, but TJ got a lot of cheers from people happy to see the Pirates back and they can't wait til June to see us all again!

I think we are doing our jobs right if people are SO VERY much looking forward to the Pirates returning! :D:huh:

:huh: Ironic, isn't it?

I see one of the next event gatherings is the same weekend as Reenactor Fest 4. Ouch. :huh: Sorry won't be there for that one either.

Any more developements and news on the Fest?

~Lady B

:lol:

I have no news on the event, as I'm no longer involved with the committee, but I did hear an interesting snippet of information: The Port Washington Pirate Festival has become the town's second largest event of the year. This is impressive, as the venerable "Fish Days" has been a fixture in Port for decades!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Woh, pirates are giving fish a run for their money. :D for some reason that strikes me as terribly funny.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• 2 months later...

Just a little over 3 months away from Port Wash! Can you believe it?

Heard Cedarburg was a good event from TJ (Jack Sparrow). He and his Wife (does a rather good Elizabeth Swann) enjoyed it and are looking forward to Port Washington with great anticipation.

Bouncing up and down with joy, seeing some info that are putting plans forward.

Stressed? Hell, no! Excited beyond measure. Gettin' th' guns ready and the Colours are ready to be hoisted high!

~Lady B

To tell the truth, this event is just bound to get bigger!

Per the quote on the Port Washington Pirate Website:

In 2007, approximately 20,000 scallywags plotted a course for Port Washington to “Walk the Plank” with us.

Wow! That's one heck of a pull for an event less than 5 years old. Let's hope that this year's event will do even better.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Aye, tis true, Cheeky. Last year it was DEFINITELY noticeable that there was twice as many folks (participants and spectators) in attendence.

Exciting!

I've been spreading the word about this event.

Johnny... Hope to see ye there, mate! Can't wait t' see ye in yo'r new outfit.

~Lady B

• 1 month later...

:::does the AristoCats Butler's dance::::

Oh I am SOOO eager to get to this one. Praying to dear God that I can and nothing else gets in the way of not going to another event. Already a couple things threaten it. But, dang blast it mates! I'm gonna go this time!!! Missed out on RF4 and now PyrateCon cause of life issues. 3rd time's a charm, aye?

And already, making prayers to God and Calypso and whoever else that weather is cooperative this year. I'm thinking the same weather as 2006.

~Lady B

B)

hell or high water?? what about fog and tornadoes?

This will be my third faire of this season.. going to be busy, that's for sure. I have to put my house on the market and I just hope I can be done with most of it by May 1 or so..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

All I know is that the Holiday Inn that's right next to the Festival site if full. :huh:

So, unless something opens up, we'll be at the Country Inn & Suites this year.

There isn't much to choose from as far as hotels in Port Washington and they are filling up fast. Go to Port Washington Chamber of Commerce and click the Lodging link.

how awful that they are full! I do have a room there, possibly with LadyB and her nephew, hoping that you would be there, too. The Country Inn suites were bigger and nicer in some ways, also less money but a good ways away. We can try to keep our room as a drop-off room too. I'll try to keep MissB in one area this time... :)

Call the Holiday Inn and see if they have a list of cancellations and can maybe find one for you later on.. you can always cancel the Country Inn room.

after the trek we did last year, we decided to pay the extra to be closer.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

There isn't anything on the website about local hotels or the bay cruises this year. Any one know anything?

Scuttle Sally has the info on the tall ship situation, but she's incommunicado very shortly for PirateCon. I don't know why they're not posting anything about the local hotels, unless none of them are sponsoring the event. The Holiday Inn refuses to sponsor because they don't have to, being so close they're guaranteed a full house. The Country Inn & Suites was purchased by new owners JUST before the event last year and they did NOT honor the comped rooms agreed to by the previous owners - so they're not friends of ours. We stayed at the Super 8 in Grafton and it was fine. There are other hotels within 8 miles of the site that are all reasonable and give you everything you need: a flat place to snooze, a shower and a place to stow your gear.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

::: whimpers; sniffles::: bloody Hell! And I missed seeing her down there, too. Oh, horrible!

Well, hope she has fun down at PyrateCon.

As to the hotels.... yeah, it's rather twisted. Holiday in most likely won't do a thing. Big company hotel... not gonna do a thing. The only thing with the holiday Inn is that it was right there, so only walk out to the event instead of driving from a couple or a few miles away to get to the event and try to look for a parking spot.

Perhaps this will be the challenge every year. Who knows. But the more and more this grows... the more and more people will come... where are these people going to stay? Not just the participants, but the spectators? Camping has always been something I did with the NWTA. Cheaper for the participants. Plus, opens up hotels for the spectators. And some participants still get hotels.

:::Shrugs::: I'm sure it will all work out eventually in the future. Hopefully. The hotel being a decent price helps as the gas prices rise. Lord knows it's nearly a dollar more than what it was last year. Even that worries me with how many spectators will come to this event with gas prices being so high.

Here's to hoping the gas prices won't keep folks away from the Festival.

~Lady B

;)

I thought I saw that the Holiday Inn WAS a sponsor.. maybe my mistake.

It makes me mad as hell that the hotels won't help out atall.. I guess all we can do is take our business else where for food and drink. I do have ta say, they did give me a discount for the room, but that was the corp website and NOT the local clerk. They had nothin'.

Dean, will there be a gallery of pics again? and I was wondering if there could be a list of ships crews on the site.. give a little love back, so ta speak.. maybe a links site or harbor listing or something. I do see a LOT of pics and slideshows if you google the name. People love ya!

Cheers!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg