Port Washington Pirate Fest 2008

LadyBarbossa

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MerryD and I plan to be rolling into Port Wash by no later than 3pm. :::knocks on wood::: Don't plan any stop overs this time.

The rehersal for the Saturday scenario is 4pm Friday evening so I need to be there for that.

Can't wait to see everyone. :)

Hope you are able to make it, Duchess. I know a lot of circumstance have a tendency to jump in the way.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Flintlock and myself will be in PW Thursday around 2 PM. I always prefer to have a day of wandering before an event. Safe journey to all and I do hope the Barmen are up to the task. <_<

celticcross.jpg

What more diversion can a man desire than to sit him down near a warm turf fire; Upon his knee a pretty wench and on the table a jug of punch... Irish Traditional Song

"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me among Thy saints ." Boondock Saints

WOO HOO!!!! Oh, SO going to look forward t' seein' ye an' Flintlock again, Burke!!! SO excited!

Shall see ye when ye roll in the, Bess! :lol:

Can't wait! I am SOOOO excited, mates!!! :::Doing snoopy dances:::

~Lady B

:lol:

no side trips this time, LadyB, I got my tee last time. Poupon U (the mustard museum shirt), and just be ready to hit the road when I drive down.. then drive up and over! I wish there was a better route after picking you up... oh well!!

only a few more days to PW3!! Looking forward to seeing all of you and having some piratey fun. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

WOO HOO!!!! Oh, SO going to look forward t' seein' ye an' Flintlock again, Burke!!! SO excited!

Shall see ye when ye roll in the, Bess! :lol:

Can't wait! I am SOOOO excited, mates!!! :::Doing snoopy dances::: 

~Lady B

What's the word on Bloody Davey, Lady B? Will he be joining us? My boys want to know.

Can't wait to see you all! :lol:

Weather Update: As of 9:00 AM CST – Monday, June 2, 2008

Here is the weather outlook for the weekend of Port Washington Pyrate Fest.

Not too bad…let’s hope that it improves over the next few days!

Jun 5 Thursday

A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 60s.

Jun 6 Friday

Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Jun 7 Saturday

More sun than clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Jun 8 Sunday

Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

welp...just trying to put the finishing tuoches on my trailer...to carry me armour....after last years tornado....well...figured the extra weight would be welcome.....corse kinda makes me a lighting rod......but do have leather shoes....anyone know if that helps?? :lol:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Honestly, Bess... not sure... :::Shrugs::: He's suppose to give me a call and let me know. He's been rather a stick in the mud lately. So, hard to really say if the Kidd 'll come.

ooo... thanks Cheeky! Weather sounds rather tolerable! Now... let's hope it stays nice!!!

Just make sure NOT to stand too close t' Dogge! I'll stand away from ye with those radiation/ nuke bomb glasses. :lol:

Can't wait! Making some final touches on my outfits. :lol:

~Lady B

careful on the clothes and sundry, LadyB! gas is over $4 in Chicago and around Milwaukee. So unless we make our own gas, we need to watch what we bring. Maybe one coat and hat and not both. I hate to be the curmegeon, but the car was very packed last year.

I hate paying so much for so little. Its more expensive then MILK and not renewable. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

WEATHER UPDATE - TUES, JUNE 3 - 10:40 AM CST

Jun 5 Thursday

A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 60s.

Jun 6 Friday

Windy, a few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

Jun 7 Saturday

Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Jun 8 Sunday

Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Just wanted to say "hey all" - everyone's chatting up Port Washington, and I never say a thing about this event in my own backyard. Looking forward to this weekend and seeing everyone. Of course, it may well be another year of me running myself ragged, but that's ok.

If we've not met, you'll recognize me easy enough - you won't actually see me, but there will be a rush of wind as I fly past. That, and your rum will be gone.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

:(

Well, now we can explain to Jack why the rum is gone... Bilgemunky has it!

:ph34r:

DJing this year at the Bash, Bilge?

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Sadly the decision was made to forgo any djing this year in favor of more live bands. And while most of these bands aren't terribly piraty, I was able to throw in my own influence and book a small performance from the Great Lakes Renegade each night (think a one-man and a'la Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins - but piratey).

The other upshot of me not DJing is that it was pretty rough for me last year, since it was run-run-run all day long, I didn't really have the energy to give the DJing my all. THIS year, I'm hoping to be able to sit back and enjoy the bash a bit more. Of course, that's if the weather cooperates and I don't have to spend my evening weatherproofing tents, which is looking like an increasing possibility.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Hmm....kinda reminds me of last year's fun.

As of 8:55 am on Thrusday, June 5th - Weather Status for Port Washington and the surrounding areas (Fond du Lac County/Sheboygan County)

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 458 IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM CDT THIS MORNING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS

THIS WATCH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS

FROM SHEBOYGAN TO WINTHROP HARBOR IL OUT TO MID LAKE.

Let's get this storm over and done with!

Weekend Outlook...bring your wellies!

Jun 6 Tomorrow night

Scattered thunderstorms, some strong during the evening, then skies turning partly cloudy overnight. Low 64F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Jun 7 Saturday

Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

Jun 8 Sunday

Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

Jun 9 Monday

A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Member of "The Forsaken"

UGH!!! No more storms!!!

Flooding here in Iowa already and more rain and storms on the way. ;)

Well, coolies, Bilge! Eager t' be creatin' some chaos and mayhem with ye as we all enjoy the live band.

Oh, Dick Van Dyke, huh? Oh, good Lord. ;) Should be good then.

~Lady B

Morning update on weather AS OF 8:30 am FOR PORT WASHINGTON'S WEEKEND EVENT

Jun 6 Today

Windy with scattered thunderstorms developing. A few storms may be severe. High 79F. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

:unsure:

Jun 6 Tonight

Windy early...isolated thunderstorms early, then partly cloudy after midnight. A few storms may be severe. Low 63F. SSW winds at 20 to 30 mph, diminishing to 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Jun 7 Tomorrow

Partly cloudy and windy. Warm. High 81F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph.

:huh:

Jun 7 Tomorrow night

Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. Low 67F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Jun 8 Sunday

Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

:huh:

Member of "The Forsaken"

Safely back home. Yes - a lot was rained out, but there were plenty of periods of calm (weather) allowing for much merriment. Sadly, many campers were flooded out (I am sure they will post their gripes) but there was a HUGE Hurricane Party in Pete's Suite at the Holiday Inn! (Party was unofficially sponsored by Pirate's Choice Rum -- which delivered three cases of rum to the room at no cost!)

More later... I am sure pictures will follow (some of which I am sure to regret).

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

:ph34r::ph34r: There is something to be said about tradition...and what would Port Washington Pirate Festival be without the Tornados and the gail force winds, the driving rain and the lighting strikes?

Yet, dispite the weather - It was a Damn Fyne Event! I first want to give a big thank-you to all those who came out to support this event from the pub. To the members of Fools Gold-it was wonderful to see you all.

To our own Bilgemunky for being a fantastic host and helping the crew with our needs and requests.

To the Captain of the Windy for extenting a great opportunity to let the Crewe of the Archangel 'work' with you all.

And to our newest of members...To Beasely and Piwo...what a blast!

But most of all...to the members of the Archangel; Thank you for sharing in the fun, spending the hours laughing, enjoy each other's company and making a few great memories until we meet again!

God Bless you all and travel home safe!

P.S. Captain and I arrived home safe and sound several hours ago.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Just crawled in...I am sooo tired!!

Even my bones are still soaked!!

I think I really need ... to....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Snore!

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!