Port Washington Pirate Fest 2008

LadyBarbossa

I know it be early but perhaps it's not since I received the Entertainer's Application not even 2 weeks ago.

It would be good to get some of us non-stage pirates (and militia) to doing some more interaction. Scenarios, perhaps? Doesn't always have to involve weapons...

Looking forward to the '08 Fest.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, depends upon the street performer. I think.

Why, what had ye in mind?

:::Glances around::: I haven't seen Chris or any of the others on since June. I know they woudl have more info on what you ask.

All I can say is.. just come. ;)

I know my own crew will be seeking some interaction with other pirates, civilians and militia. We've a couple ideas in mind.

~Lady B

;)

Greetings, friends. Dean Calin here. I stepped out of the entertainment director position for 2008 as Bounding Main is running its fund-raising campaign to travel to Festival Maritim in Bremen, Germany in August of 2008.

I saw that it was recently announced that Tom Charney, who played Captain Joseph Cotton, the hero of the scenario, has stepped up to the position. I know he will do a wonderful job.

Any inquiries about the festival, whether vendors, entertainment, accommodations can be directed to the festival producer, Kim McCulloch at admin@portpiratefestival.com. She will relay inquiries to her staff as is appropriate.

As of this date I am not aware of any performance groups that have received confirmation one way or the other for 2008, including Bounding Main. If we're hired back, I look forward to seeing everyone again - and perhaps this year actually having a little time to VISIT with people!

Fair winds!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

• 2 weeks later...

Lady B, and all of interest: I have worked at the Minnesota Ren Festival for the last 5 years as a member of the cast. I have also worked at the Sioux Falls south Dakota Ren Faire and Bristol Faire as a guest performer. What I do is mostly interact directly with the patrons including children (I have a game called "The Hurricane" that I set up for kids ages 2 to 10 [of course we don't exclude anyone, I've had adults play]). I also do stage combat but that may be out of bounds for Port Washington (laws and such). It appears that my group "the Pyrates of Portobello", may not be attending Sioux Falls this year so I thought it may be fun to offer my services to you folks in Port Washington. I lived in Milwaukee for over 10 years and still think of Wisconsin as home. And I can place a couple of folks from the lists here on my resume if you need character references. Just an idea, it's okay veto as I imagine you get plenty of help.

Lady B, and all of interest: I have worked at the Minnesota Ren Festival for the last 5 years as a member of the cast. I have also worked at the Sioux Falls south Dakota Ren Faire and Bristol Faire as a guest performer. What I do is mostly interact directly with the patrons including children (I have a game called "The Hurricane" that I set up for kids ages 2 to 10 [of course we don't exclude anyone, I've had adults play]). I also do stage combat but that may be out of bounds for Port Washington (laws and such). It appears that my group "the Pyrates of Portobello", may not be attending Sioux Falls this year so I thought it may be fun to offer my services to you folks in Port Washington. I lived in Milwaukee for over 10 years and still think of Wisconsin as home. And I can place a couple of folks from the lists here on my resume if you need character references. Just an idea, it's okay veto as I imagine you get plenty of help.

Jib, if you're looking to entertain at Port Washington the application cut-off is coming up soon. Go to their website, download and return the entertainer's application. The producer of the show is Kim McCulloch, the entertainment coordinator is Tom Charney. The web site is http://www.portpiratefestival.com.

Good luck!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Aye, it's well worth it.

Now, m' question be... is there a Forum or some chat list somewhere for the "Entertainers" (bloody well hate that word) to discuss about Port Washington? Variety of reasons, I suppose.

Or is this it?

Jib, entertainer or not, I'd say show up anyway. :)

I hate to think of this event as anything else other than a fun time for Pirates to get together. Some 'll use it as a chance to show reenacting skills and others will provide some Entertaining.

Also, I'm hoping that the 4th Mass 'll be at Reenactor Fest in February. I know they were this past February at RF2. I think this'll be a great opportunity for those who'll attend Port Washington to get in touch and disuss some things. Perhaps convince more in the NWTA to show up. :)

~Lady B

;)

... is there a Forum or some chat list somewhere for the "Entertainers" (bloody well hate that word) to discuss about Port Washington? Variety of reasons, I suppose.

Or is this it?

There is a page on Tribe: Port Washington Pirate Festival. The discussion is moderated by Bilgemunky.

I like Tribe okay, but it goes down pretty frequently: be warned.

As for terminology, could we not gather all people attending in a visible fashion, actors, reenactors, variety acts and musicians as "Participants," versus "Guests?" That's not official, just a suggestion.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

... is there a Forum or some chat list somewhere for the "Entertainers" (bloody well hate that word) to discuss about Port Washington? Variety of reasons, I suppose.

Or is this it?

There is a page on Tribe: Port Washington Pirate Festival. The discussion is moderated by Bilgemunky.

I like Tribe okay, but it goes down pretty frequently: be warned.

As for terminology, could we not gather all people attending in a visible fashion, actors, reenactors, variety acts and musicians as "Participants," versus "Guests?" That's not official, just a suggestion.

Yeah... I hear ya. I've tried Tribe a couple times with the Port Wash stuff... and generally have been lost in the problems. So, that's why I was asking if there was some where else besides the Tribe.

I'll TRY to slip back onto the Tribe group. But the majority of the time I've not been able to get in, always getting their error and that it's not there.

I'll try to relay the message to those in the NWTA about it.

Thanks, Dean.

Otherwise, again, there is always Reenactor Fest.

Aye, Participants does sound better.

Sorry, kept hearing "Entertainer". I'll spare ye the details what it conjured in my head. :P

~Lady B

:P

Sorry, kept hearing "Entertainer". I'll spare ye the details what it conjured in my head.

Oh, please...share with the group! :rolleyes::lol:;)

Greetings friends!

Pirate fest planning is already well under way. I've very excited as things are coming together a lot easier than in the past...

Yes, we're only four years old and still have some growing pains but we've also added some great new people to the board. Unfortunately we've lost Dean, although his reason was valid his prescence is definitely missed.

As Dean mentioned, the deadline for paid perfomers' applications is tomorrow November 1st.

However , if those of you who are coming as part of a crew (non-paid) could send us in just a basic application with who you are and how many are coming then when we start working on street theater we have an idea of who will be there.

Oh, one more thing. If any of you out there are interested in being a vendor at the event (food or goods) those applications are also available on the website.

And as always, please feel free to either pm or email me with any questions.

Fair winds and Following seas...

Scuttle Sally

Sally! Hey, lass! Tis good t' hear from ya! Glad ol' Davy Jones hasn't gotten ahold of ya... yet.

:lol:

What conjures up in my head is not really PG-13... far from PG. LOL...

:::Attempts to look innocent:::

I've done so with the Resurrection. And, aye, do let me know - and I will try to keep in contact with ye - about the street theater or scenarios.

Interaction between the Militia would be fun. And other pirates. Ooooh, what crazy ideas we all can conjure!

BTW... I know most are going to groan over this... but I am aware of a rather good Jack Sparrow that will be attending 2008 and his wife is a rather great looking Elizabeth Swann. Trying to convince a couple others (including a gent in Michigan that has a hell of a Davy Jones outfit).

Knock on wood that they folks make it. :)

I'm a spreadin' th' word 'round! :lol:

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

I'm a spreadin' th' word 'round!

And we thank ye very kindly!

I don't groan about Jack Sparrow impersonators so much, I love anyone who participates...and he if looks like Johnny Depp, well so much the better for me, says I. B)

Now a really good Davey Jones, that would be cool to see.

I will make sure our new entertainment coordinator knows how much you want to be involved. I'm sure you will be hearing from either him or myself soon.

Wicked! Aye, will do just that, Sally. :o Thank ye.

Aye, I hope he does come. Updating his costume (don't know how cause it's already wickedly awesome and dead on!).

Hoping others come, too.

~Lady B

:o

Now a really good Davey Jones, that would be cool to see.

I have some raw octopus I could wear on my head...

:huh:;):huh:

Octopus trimmed off with pinapple rings and sushied shark? Serve them on the RC Black Pearl? Or will ye serve each piece on the hook? I'm sure it'll make a nice eating utensil.

:huh:

I noticed DeadBishop's post on the 2007 thread.

I pray they post here, too. More to chat with, the better! More our devilish heads can come together to conjure up ways to commandeer, carouse and cause absolute chaos! :huh:

~Lady B

Dear Scuttle Sally,

Please let it be known that the Crewe of the Archangel has submitted their form(s). If you have any question(s) regarding these matters - contact myself or Mary Diamond. If fear that we may have both submitted two (2) applications. But fear not...we will be happy to discuss needs/and wants accordingly.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Curious to know if there will be a "Poster Board" at the Fest. One where not only a schedule will be displayed, but wanted posters and "King's Notices" in any language and whatever else.

Hehehe.. I'm a wealth of ideas, shipmates. Dangerous as the Devil I be.

::: wanders off singing "Hoist the Colours":::

~Lady B

Curious to know if there will be a "Poster Board" at the Fest. One where not only a schedule will be displayed, but wanted posters and "King's Notices" in any language and whatever else.

Yes, and I'd actually like to see one in the town as well...not just on the festival grounds.

Will send your idea to our Physical Plan/Props Captain.

THANKS, you're awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed DeadBishop's post on the 2007 thread.

I pray they post here, too. More to chat with, the better! More our devilish heads can come together to conjure up ways to commandeer, carouse and cause absolute chaos! ;)

~Lady B

;)

ORGANIZED chaos.. if you please!

No one dead that isnt supposed to be!! If nothing else, I hate the paper work for all the dead and dismemberd.. sigh

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

No one dead that isnt supposed to be!! If nothing else, I hate the paper work for all the dead and dismemberd.. sigh

Not to mention having to pay them a good amount of coinage for their loss.

Already, I have begun praying and begging, hoping and wishing for good weather. Good being exactly what we had in '06! :huh:

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

The fog was VERY cool! Especially when we took the cruise on the Windy 2... very foggy out there on the Lake. I was expecting the cursed Black Pearl to appear out of the fog... or even the Flying Dutchman!

Either way, prayers that the weather won't dampen the Fest... too much. :)

~Lady B