Shoes! & Boots!

Mary Diamond

Aye... mighty nice there, Oderlesseye.

They are mighty comfy, too.

Oy, Mary!... do ye have th' women's boots available still?

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodeo8822.jpg 1 1/2" heel, Ladies Sizes 6 - 16

MaidenLeather8828.jpg 2 1/2" heel, Ladies 6 - 12

Yah know... tis a tough decision between which one I want. :huh: My other dilemma is if they would fit around m' massive calves. :huh:

How much for each of them? Can message or email me if ya don't want to post that here.

Again, torn over which one I would want.

Also, any word on the ladies style shoes? The ones with the higher heels?

~Lady B

:huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh! Goodness, my dear Lady B, I am so sorry I missed your post! (Hmmm, wondering why it did not show up in my e-mail bucket...)

I personally own the 1.5" heel Boots ~ they are simply lovely, but do tend to slouch due to gravity. I am fairly certain the boots won't work for your calf at normal height. If you wear them slouched, that might allow enough room for comfort. Unfortunately, returns and exchanges with this company are simply nauseating ~

Next time we see each other, I will show you my boots ~ perhaps that will help with the decision making process. Having seen both, I can honestly say the shorter heel (1.5") is a much, MUCH better looking boot. However, it is also significantly more expensive this year - $100 for the 1.5" boot in leather, versus $65 for the 2.5" heel leather boot. Keep in mind, also, your foot size ~ if you have difficulty with a restrictive shoe (such as a cowboy boot), you may have difficulty getting into the 1.5" boot, as it is more fitted to the foot. Not to mention that the 1.5" heel is sold out in size 10, and at low stock in size 11.

Regarding the higher heeled buckle shoes ~ they are available, priced at $40. Let me know if you require an image posted.

As ever, I remain

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes about the boots. But I will still keep them in mind as they look nice.

As to the heeled buckle shoes...

Yes, please. :)

just curious which styles and what colors. Not sure if you have more than one style or not. I do fancy a cheaper shoe so I don't have to wear my $100 pair shoes all the time and worry about getting them utterly dirty. So, looking for cheaper pairs and each time I look for the ones I want, they are sold out just when I am ready to buy.

I may be interested in black but I am most definitely interested in white. Pure white and not the bone color like what I got from Fugawee.

Thanks Mary. :)

hehehe... Mary D, the shoe pirate! :lol:

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Diamond, I would like to discuss purchase of some shoes for my Blondiewench, myself, and my son. I am tired of sliding down the hallways on tile in my period shoes when I do school functions and duct-tape just ain't right. Please advise with contact/payment info. Thank you.

Bo

Good Evening, All!

Captain Bo, I am most honored to serve ~ I will contact you for sizes and shipping information.

Captain Sophia ~ Thank you for your kind commendation! It is much appreciated.

A Note to All Considering Shoe Purchases ~ this is a busy time, and the shoes will be once again in short supply. Please keep this in mind!

I will be placing a large order with the distributor next week ~ Please contact me before Thursday, October 16, to be included in this order. As a reminder, orders are placed only when there is sufficient quantity, due to increased shipping charges. If you have any questions, please do contact me via e-mail.

As ever, I remain

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We just recieved our shoes and are very pleased. I ordered three pairs, one pair for Blondie and one pair each for my son and I. They fit well and in my case, all the area around the bridge/instep is cut away for the elastic, which takes all the pressure off that spot. This is important to me for comfort and no blisters/raw skin! Thanx Mary D.!! I wore mine to Columbia to meet Silas Thathcher and deliver our tents and then wore them around the house and yard to break them in. I will not use them for rough stuff, but for going to school for presentations, or anywhere I might encounter tile or linoleum floors, these will be part of my kit. Thye will also be good when it rais to keep the expensive shoes from getting wet and the preventive maintenence that goes with it. One heel cap came loose, but a coulpe spots of epoxy and no worries! Thanks again Ms. Diamond!

Bo and family.

Wife and I both received ours last week as well. And we were both wearing them around the house yesterday as we worked on additional stuff for PiP, and they are comfortable and seemingly durable.

Mary, do you have any additional stock? And if so, will that stock be following you to PiP? One of the people we are travelling with tried mine on, and they fit him well, so he is considering a pair...

Michael_banner.jpg

I ordered mine for myself and for my older cabin boy to wear for his Famous American assignment for school. He chose John Adams and I made him the outfit, complete with period shoes.

sean_johnadams1.jpg

Now that he's done with them, I'll be using them for my "Pyrate Casual" wear. :)

FYI, the frock coat and waist coat are for sale. Men's size LARGE.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Capt. Bo, Michael S Bagley, and Captain Grey ~

Thank you all so much for your kind compliments ~ I am happy to be of service!

In response to your question, Michael ~ I will have limited stock available at PiP ~ first come, first serve, at the Archangel camp.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Huzzah!!!

Thankyethankyethankye, Mary!

Hail Mary, full with gunpowder, th' Captain is with thee! :rolleyes:

Received m' white buckled ladies shoes a couple days ago. Have slipped them on and tested them out twice. And I am mighty pleased with them!

With m' huge feet, the flats don't work all that well with me. The heel doesn't seem that massive at all but offers some comfort. The workmanship is rather good.

I HIGHLY recommend these shoes for any person as they are unisex, too. Well fitted and better yet, these are a great pair to have about and not worry about ruining unlike yo'r pricy $100 pair from Fugawee or Townsend - which you can keep these for a nicer occassion. And these take less time breaking into than the more pricy shoes. Plan to put insoles in, ye best get the size above yo'r normal size. (example, ye wear a 8, get a 9. But that's only if you plan to put insoles in. Otherwise, you are fine.)

So, hesitate not... obtain yo'r heeled colonial shoes t'day, mates!

Two hooks up... with cannon shot and more. It's worth it's weight in salt, mates. Oy! If ye've been thinking about them... GRAB THEM!!! Again, worth it. They help to keep yo'r more pricy pairs in better condition when not worn out in the rain, snow, mud, rocks, etc. These you can wear out in said weather and not think twice and cringe on the $100 you tossed down the drain cause you paid less than half that. :rolleyes: Grab them! Thinking about it? Don't think, just buy! ;)

Mary, after th' new year lass... I'll be looking to order at least one more pair from ye or perhaps two pairs in black. I like these and will look forward to saving my other pairs with a relieved sigh.

~Lady B

Edited by LadyBarbossa

:::nods::: They are mighty comfy. Easy sigh of relief when wearing these. :) But, I think one will need at least a couple pairs. :ph34r: LOL... as often as we all go through footwear! LOL. One can NEVER have too many pairs of Colonial footwear.

Again, thank ye for having these available now. Again, will order a black pair from ya after the first of the year. :)

~Lady B

• 3 months later...

Several days back I recieved a pair of Ladies buckle shoes from Mary Diamond.Mary, sorry ot took me a while to post

They came so fast I had barely sent the check out! They fit very nicely and aye, they are comfortable! I am very pleased..a little scuffing up, and they'll pass quite nicely. Well met Mary!! A++

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Aye- an I be telling ya about my experience with Mary's shoes!thumbsuppirate.gif

They were shipped out in a flash- and even though I be here north of the border, they arrived in about a week.

Normally I take a Ladies 9- but no half sizes were available. Knowing that my period stockings are thick wool, I ordered a size ten.

They look great! Once I actually went out an bought a shoe horn, and tried em on..as Mary will tell ya, the long tongue on the shoe requires a shoehorn to get yer hoof into it-

Roomy- but fairly comfy. Me only complaint, an it's a minor one- is that the extra size means that the toe box is a bit too long for my stubby little toes, and so the bend in the shoe catches me just aft of aforementioned toes! So- a bit of a pressure point there. But- I used ta wear me nephews shoes back in the day, and so, I've worn some shoes with long toeboxes afore. It's not that big of a problem, an' eventually I'll get used to it.

I may need a heel piece so the backs of the shoes don't rub, but I'm wearing them around fer a bit until I see if'n that's gonna be a problem.

They were awful shiny- so I got out my trusty big linen bag o' fuller's earth, and gave em a light dusting.

Now they look like I've had em fer years- takes the shine off, and disguises the fact they aren't of the leather persuasion.

All told- I'm very happy, and thankee t' Mary for her fine quality footware, and incredibly reasonable prices!

and I be castin' away me boots and elastic-y buckles...Ha harrrrrrrrrrrrr!

maryDiamondshoes.jpg

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

If you have too much toe room you can go to a dance supply shop and get some lamb's wool to stuff the toes with ...it gives a good fit without causing serious toe/nail problems (first wife was a ballerina)

bowingpirate.gif

Aye- an thankee fer the advice..so far so good, but I may want to do that fer roamin' in the parade in New Orleans next month!

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg