Shoes! & Boots!

Mary Diamond

I thought these shoes were marvelous for the price. They looked great and were actually quite comfortable. Being diabetic, I have to be cautious of my feet, however. Like any new shoe, these had points that were rubbing, particularly since the mediums were a tad big on me. Inserts solved this problem quite well. I am having more trouble with a new pair of hiking boots I purchased recently than I had with those shoes, which were worn three days straight from their receipt. I agree with William; these are near perfect, affordable starter shoes for period re-enacting.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy All

just got me boots from mary and they are grand. although bucket boots they are great for going out about or fun events for play. the inch and half heels are grand comfortable and stable for wearing.

thanks mary

ye ship's potter

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I've recently received a pair of boots for my son, and a pair of men's shoes for myself. The boots are perfect! Easily as good or better quality as the ones we bought for him last year from SCA boots for nearly twice the price. Mlle Diamond, I hope you continue to have these in stock until feet on both or our boys are done growing.

The shoes, however did not fit my enormous misshapen feet. I wear a size 13E, and although the XL shoes were plenty long, their width would not quite do. If you have normal width feet, you should have no problem. But wider feet may not fit into these.

And I must mention that Mlle Diamond accepted my returned shoes with sublime graciousness.

Ok I'm sold...

June 2008?! :o Mary you will see my order on the morrow

Congrats on supplying so many happy pirates! :rolleyes:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Still eyein' th' heeled Ladies boots. Hopefully they fit 'bout th' calves.

Now, Mary, m'dear.... any new colonial style shoes that ye may be sellin' soon fo' we Ladies?

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Good Morning (just barely!) ~

I want to thank all my customers for their kind patronage. I am happy to be of service!

For future customers ~ please note that the Buckle Shoes fit an average width best. The Leather Boots, on the other hand, seem to be fairly accomodating (I can wear extra socks in mine, making them ideal for cool weather), and, as they are leather, can also be stretched a bit.

Men's Buckle Shoes are, indeed, out of stock until June 2008. However, there is a fair supply of Ladies Buckle Shoes. The Leather Boots do take some time to get in, and the Men's Medium is currently on backorder.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any questions. Note that I have purposely left my Pub PM folder full, to encourage e-mail.

Thank you for your interest ~

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Still eyein' th' heeled Ladies boots. Hopefully they fit 'bout th' calves.

Now, Mary, m'dear.... any new colonial style shoes that ye may be sellin' soon fo' we Ladies?

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

:o

Dear, aren't you supposed to be resting? It is a shame you cannot attend RF4 ~ I could have shown you my Leather 1.5" heel boots for you to check the calf allowance, and given you your Brown Leather Boots! Ah, well, I will get them in the post to you next week ~ hopefully you will be feeling better when you receive them! :o

I have indeed been keeping a weather eye for appropriate Colonial shoes and dress shoes for the Ladies. As soon as I come across any, I will advise.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Mary I just sent you an email for the shoes. With all the good reviews they recieved, I am certain I'll love them :)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well I got my Sarah Juniper boots stolen over year ago now. I am still praying they will show up, so I am having a hard time spending 400+ on a new pair.

I would love to get a pair of brown boots from you in a 9.5

I also make custom swords and jewlery if your intrested in trade.

Mike the editor of Pirates Magazine is also looking for some shoes like the ones you make.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Hello thar Mary Diamond

i have a friend Corey that is interested in yer shoes. but at the moment he doesnt have a working computer and wondered if you have a phone # for he can call you, to get a pair of your shoes. your do could you give it to me since im in contact with him most of the time.

Thankie

Ol jack the pirate

dd788mills@netscape.net

Heres me email

Ahoy Mary..Eye shall throw in me lot wit ye for a pair of them Piratey shoes... they look like they'll hold me over till I git the Whydah shoe.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Ah, so good to hear from you, Oderlesseye!

And thank you for your patronage.

I spoke with my distributor last week, who indicated the Men's Buckle Shoes are to be back in stock March 27. Note that my distributor is extremely relaxed when it comes to estimating delivery dates!

I will update this thread as soon as I hear more. As ever, I remain ~

Your Humble Servant,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

It is with great Regret that I must post the Following News ~

That person which calls himself my Sales Representative, had not taken the occaision to alert myself to their Price Increase, as relates to their Leather Boots. The Distributing Company has Increased the price of the Leather Boots a full Twenty Dollars, at which I am Amazed and Dismayed.

As such, I must change my price for Leather Bucket Boots to reflect the increase to $85, plus S&H.

Further, I have found the Buckle Shoes are now expected to arrive April 17 ~ which is fully in keeping with their aforementioned 'relaxed' attitude in estimating delivery dates.

I do most heartily apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone.

As ever, I remain ~

Your Humble Servant,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If'n the shoes still be available, I'd be interested in a pair, Dear Mary.

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

Thank you, Jill, for your kind post, and to you, Mad Jack Morgan, for your interest!

I have yet to receive a positive indication that the shoes are, in fact, in stock ~ but, it is getting closer to the time they were available last year, so I remain hopeful to have something to offer soon.

I will post as soon as I hear!

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 2 months later...

Good Evening!

A brief note before I dash off again ~ Shoes are once again available!

Due to my hectic summer schedule, and astonishing increases in all things affected by gas prices, I must limit outgoing orders to bulk orders only. Individual orders will be grouped with larger orders.

I will attempt to go through my piles of e-mail to locate all those who expressed interest ~ however, should you fall into that category, I would welcome a reminder e-mail, if you be reading this missive.

Keep in mind that I leave my PM folder full ~ PLEASE contact me via e-mail should you be interested in the shoes.

Have a good week!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Good Morning, Ol Jack~

Happily, the price is one thing that hasn't changed. The price is still $35, I ask only to be reimbursed what it costs me to send them to you via USPS, which is dependant upon shoe size and distance.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 1 month later...

Got me boots and I have to say I am a

satified customer! They fit well and complete

me Hollywood version of Oderlesseye ready

to plunder and pillage..

IMG_1593.jpg

The next thing is an oversized hat..I am working on that project now.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."