Secret Santa....

Rumba Rue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had trouble logging into the site for a bit so missed the sign in. Have fun everyone, looks like I will be out of this this year.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

first thanks for asking. When I left CA the people I knew couldn't understand why I did. How could I explain I had a vision that I HAD to come back. I knew something was about to happen and if I wasn't here it would have been very bad. It was a good thing that I came back when I did. To make a long story short. I woke up one evening to find my mother in difficulty. I checked her vitals and it wasn't good, I called the squad, two weeks stay in the hospital. But the pace maker is now working and her lungs has healed.

She is doing a bit better , the other day I asked her if I wasn't here what she would have done? She told me that she wouldn't have called the squad. If that was true, she wouldn't have lasted the week out.

The doctor is relieved that she isn't alone anymore, she has had to start using her walker as her cane isn't sufficient any longer.

But it has been hard I have cried many times for everything I had to give up in order to move back here. My own health took a downward trend for a bit because of all the stress I have been under. But, it was the right thing to do and am doing better.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

first thanks for asking.  When I left CA the people I knew couldn't understand why I did.  How could I explain I had a vision that I HAD to come back.  I knew something was about to happen and if I wasn't here it would have been very bad.  It was a good thing that I came back when I did.  To make a long story short.  I woke up one evening to find my mother in difficulty.  I checked her vitals and it wasn't good, I called the squad, two weeks  stay in the hospital.  But the pace maker is now working and her lungs has healed. 

She is doing a bit better , the other day I asked her if I wasn't here what she would have done?  She told me that she wouldn't have called the squad.  If that was true, she wouldn't have lasted the week out. 

The doctor is relieved that she isn't alone anymore, she has had to start using her walker as her cane isn't sufficient any longer. 

But it has been hard I have cried many times for everything I had to give up in order to move back here.  My own health took a downward trend for a bit because of all the stress I have been under.  But, it was the right thing to do and am doing better.

Will you promise me this my dear? Will you make sure that you are taking care of yourself? And will you ask around your church/temple or local social services to find resources for respite for yourself as well as companion care for your mom? There are several organizations that will help you with care of your mom...even if you need one hour to go out to do something...I have been caregiver for both my parents and my aunt...for years, without respite nor any outside help(or inside the family help either) It is stressful and very tiring both physically and emotionally. Asking for help is not a sign of failure or weakness. Remember that you are doing the best that you can in your situation but if you ever need a break, there are groups out there that will help you. No one should question your decision unless they are walking in your shoes...been there,done that. Had I got rid of the GUILT TRIP, I would have asked for help sooner...you are not alone, know that!

fondly,julie

kttcsignature.jpg

Just as long as your gift gets to the person BEFORE Christmas/Hanukkah. After the holiday we can reveal who was who for who. B)

My Secret Santa gift will be going out the first week of December or thereabouts. My biggest problem and I suspect I'm not alone is the return address....hmmm wonder if I can leave it off...ok maybe put the North Pole on it for a return address..... B)

Muuwaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)B)B)B)

8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif

Just put their address again for the return.

The post office peoples would have to be surprisingly dilligent to notice that let alone complain about it.

I always do this when I send cheering up cards to the hospital. Usually by the time my card arrives, the person is discharged and back home, so the card would eventually get to that person without any problem!

kttcsignature.jpg