Secret Santa....

Rumba Rue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<bump>

Just a reminder, those who want to participate, you have only about 15 days left to get yourself on the list.

On the current list so far:

1. Silkie

2. Gentleman of Fortune

3. Abrams

4. Ransom

5. Chain Shot

6. Patrick Hand

7. Red-Handed Jill

8. Christine

9. Duchess

10. Mary Diamond

11. Iron Jon

12. Jacky Tar

13. Black Mab

14. Zephaniah W. Walsh

15. Bilgemunky

16. Rumba Rue

17. Mission

18. Capt. Sterling

19. Billy Bones

20. Haunting Lily

21. Emerald Shaunassey

22. Capt. Bo of WTF co.

Let me stress here that there is a SECRET Part, you don't TELL anyone who you are getting the gift for, even the recipient.  Thats why its called SECRET SANTA and not Blabber-Mouth Santa.

:(

I want to play Blabber-Mouth Santa!

:P

(It just sounds like a peck of fun, doesn't it?)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Sign me up! Especially now that I have the red coat! :(

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

"Ok, I'll shut up. I'm not one who has to keep talkin. Some fellahs just have to keep their mouths a flappin'. Not me. I was brought up right! My pa used to tell me shut up and I'd shut up. I wouldn't say nothin! One time I darn near starved! WOULDN'T TELL I WAS HUNGRY!" (Blabber-Mouth Santa aka. Foghorn Leghorn)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I shall participate again this year. Count me in.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Well the Grinch has nothing on me. I have a very hard time with the whole X-mas thing for personal reasons that some are aware of. I have not been the most reliable when it comes to the mail thing either. That said, I have already got some colonial stuff I have made, so if I get the name quick I will mail it as soon as I have it. The recipient will be on their honor NOT to open UNTIL X-MAS!

I'll give it a go if you guys give the clearance. I am working on my attitude and trying to be a "kinder and gentler Bo" but I've been like this soooo long... old dogs & new tricks Ya know. :blink:

Bo

Oh! OH! Tis it Indentured servant stuff??? I want Bo then for my secret santa! :lol:;);)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Capt. Sterling; No, not that! But I was out in the shed replacing those old notebooks when I came across this tote!

That 20 dollar limit... them's more of guidelines than actual rules aren't they? :ph34r: I found a bunch of stuff that I have picked up as prizes at the blanket shoots and woodswalks over the years from my colonial history past. Lots of stuff that is cross over to earlier too! Who knows what some of this stuff is worth!?! I don't care, it has been here awhile and I never missed it, so someone gets some goodies! :rolleyes:

Bo

:ph34r:

Tis a cheap price for Indentured Servatude.

Count me in, RumbaRue.

What be the rules? Other than what you already posted at the beginning.

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Capt. Sterling; No, not that! But I was out in the shed replacing those old notebooks when I came across this tote!

That 20 dollar limit... them's more of guidelines than actual rules aren't they? ;) I found a bunch of stuff that I have picked up as prizes at the blanket shoots and woodswalks over the years from my colonial history past. Lots of stuff that is cross over to earlier too! Who knows what some of this stuff is worth!?! I don't care, it has been here awhile and I never missed it, so someone gets some goodies! :huh:

Bo

Sounds like you are going to make someone very happy! ;););)

Crewe of the Archangel

Just checking in to make it official. For those of you who were not at Ojai, I am Ransom's

better half. I don't post on the Pub much, because it takes me years to type a sentence (Ransom is typing this for me), but I read the Pub every day.

Patrick Hand and Red-Handed Jill, thanks for already vouching for me.

As we get more people involved what will happen is that I will split the list into two. Gentleman of Fortune will get one half and I the other. This is so that neither of us know who is our Santa.

Hurry and sign up, I'm closing up the list shop on Nov. 5. so that shortly thereafter names can be drawn.

Once you get a Secret Santa, you will be notified by PM either by me or GoF to let you know who you will be a Santa to. You will be given the person's address.

For a return address, just sign Secret Santa.

Rumba

Here is the current list. Not on it? Want to be? Contact me! :rolleyes:

1. Silkie

2. Gentleman of Fortune

3. Abrams

4. Ransom

5. Chain Shot

6. Patrick Hand

7. Red-Handed Jill

8. Christine

9. Duchess

10. Mary Diamond