2 new movies

Matusalem

I guess everyone knows Ol' Johnny is doing a musical in Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd (heh...almost typed James Burton, Elvis' guitarist) . You can certainly catch the scoop on the ohjohnny.net website

Let's not forget dear Geofferey Rush in the new flick "Elizabeth", this seems perfect for him.

SHIP2-1.jpg

I'm highly eagerly awaiting "Elizabeth: the Golden Years" for a number of reasons. Mr Rush be one of those reasons.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I'm highly eagerly awaiting "Elizabeth: the Golden Years" for a number of reasons. Mr Rush be one of those reasons

Oderlesseye Buys a ticket afer the Lady

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Elizabeth is amazing... (saw it at screening) and I predict that people will see Clive Owen as something of a wee bit of a Swashbuckler after this.

He does a fine job but of course.... Rush as Walsingham is, as usual, terrific and yes ladies just ragged enough to still have a little Barbossa swagger…

But you want amazing? Keep an eye on the WIGS as much as the costume. Truly awe inspiring!

RushEGA1.jpg

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I was watching the trailers at Yahoo for this. I get a wee bit excited watching Clive Owen play Walter Raleigh, privateer. You can view all the trailers here:

Nothing but the horizon.

but scroll down to Number 8, Nothing but the horizon. Now that calls to a pirate's heart.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I think the beard works better for him! :huh:

Shot him!

Cut out his tongue then shoot his tongue!... and trim that scraggly beard!

:rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I will not spoil anything for you:

Well, mates.....I ended up entertaing the folks before their departure to

their sowbird haven , Florida, and so we all saw Elizabeth last night. Was fortunate to see the trailer of Sweeney Todd before the move...how fitting! Depp sounds exactly like you-know-who and using the same dialect.

Cate Blanchett...what a dame!

Clive Owen....pirate.

Elizabeth was a wicked great production, Geoffry Rush was doing his best in the role he was born for. A couple of great ship scenes that will give any great pirate movie a run for

....so weird to see these two chaps keep this legacy going without getting stagnant.

SHIP2-1.jpg

(heh...almost typed James Burton, Elvis' guitarist)

Mats, have you met Eduardo?

https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showuser=5154

(He's a character of mine on the beach party thread. His avatar is actually a picture of a young James Burton. I had Ricky Nelson playing as a musical guest at the beach party and used a photo of him & James Burton. Then, I needed to explain who the other guy in the photo was ... and "Eduardo" took on a life of his own.)

Anyhow, speaking of James Burton, here's a You Tube clip in which he's backing up Nick Lowe & Elvis Costello, while they're singing "(What's so funny about) Peace, Love, & Understanding":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE3_QFu7epQ

(Totally gratuitous comment: Nick Lowe is such a babe!)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

okokokok!!! sheesh!!!

Now I gotta go see these!!! <_<

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Mats, have you met Eduardo?

Does he speak with a latin accent?

Anyhow, speaking of James Burton, here's a You Tube clip in which he's backing up Nick Lowe & Elvis Costello, while they're singing "(What's so funny about) Peace, Love, & Understanding

I forgoit about that post, I think it was aroud the time of the VT shooting.

SHIP2-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

You guys want to go to the Geoffrey Rush group page on daily motion, there's several interviews on Golden Age with Geoff there :)

I can't wait to see it but his new project filming right now sounds so much fun!

Just the role for Geoffrey Rush B)

This is a copy of an article about it :)

Previous reports said Jang would be working with Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi, but the PR firm said Zhang couldn't fit the movie into her schedule. The Hollywood actress was chosen for the leading role since the lead female character had changed, the firm said.

"Laundry Warrior" is a futuristic action-fantasy story about an Asian warrior's adventure in the American west. Jang plays the fugitive warrior who hides out in the badlands, where he encounters a town drunk (Rush) and a beautiful woman (Bosworth) who dreams of revenge for the abuse she suffered as a child.

Bosworth has appeared in "Superman Returns", "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!", "Beyond the Sea," and "Remember the Titans." Rush has starred in "Munich" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. Variety said Jang "is the star of many of Korea's biggest grossing movies including 'Typhoon,' 'Taegukgi' and 'Friend.'"

hero.jpg

saw "Elizabeth" ...Very similiar to the first one with Betty Davis many years ago...but STILL LOVED the movie. Clive Owen was terrific (had the seaman's swagger down perfect), Costumes were beautiful and of course Geoffrey Rush was excellent.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 4 months later...

I thought the same thing that it was almost a repeat of every other Elizabeth movie...but heck if you have a history line you have to follow it I guess. The best part was the wonderful costumes and the hairpieces either the wigs or the accesories where the most beautiful I have ever seen for Qn Elizabeth, how much they were authentic I don't know but they were extremely beautiful.

As for a feast for the eyes for costumes.....check out Marie Antoinette....wow eye candy for costumes!!!!!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of ye popcorn munchin' movie goers happen t' see Sweeney Todd? Captain Jack plays Johnny Depp playing Sweeney Todd very well, he should be proud! I accopanied his wenches Giselle and Scarlet along with Master Gibbs to thy landlubbers silver screen an' apart from being unable t' carry me sword in t' the darkened room I came out grinning more than when I found me first treasure chest!

The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find; gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood

+ nunc est bibendum +

I still think Depp should do a version of "The Scarlet Pimpernel." After doing Jack Sparrow, Si Percy should be a "dog fall."

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."