Round two of Pyrate Sketchbooks

Patrick Hand

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PEW's suggestion will work, if CasketChris gets a book to Mab on time. If he also wants work by Patrick, he can mail his book to him at the end of the round.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

And just to make it public (Patrick, I PMed you this already), I already sent Skull Pyrate Carter my book on the 5th so he should get it today or tomorrow.

Pat, I haven't gotten your book yet but I'm watching for it.

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

So wots the list of players now?

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Sweet! hopefully it's today, I'm itching to start filling some pages. What exactly is the rule with regards to how many pages we can fill?

I know with mine you can fill up quite a few for each person since it was only purchased for this purpose.

:huh:

You can do as many or as few pages as you wish, just so there are plenty of pages left for everyone still down the line. :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

The names in Red have sent thier sketchbooks, and they have been recieved by the person below them on the list,

The names in Blue have sent thiers, but I couldn't find a post that said they have been recieved yet.

THE LIST......

Pew

Rogue Mermaid

Red Cat Jenny

GOF

Ransom

Patrick Hand

*casketchris

Black Mab

Skull pyrate Carter

Oderlesseye

I think having casketchris send his to Mlack Mab, and I'll send Ransom's to him at the end of this month will work...

Still haven't heard anythign from Red Cat Jenny, so I don't know is she's sent out a sketchboot yet.....

PEW's suggestion will work, if CasketChris gets a book to Mab on time. If he also wants work by Patrick, he can mail his book to him at the end of the round.

:blink: Duh, I got that backwards. If Patrick wants work by Chris, he can send his book to him when the round is over.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

If you send me casketchris' does that mean I have to do 2 this month?

No.

Casketchris should be joining the rotation at the end of November. No one should have to "double up" on a fun artwork project.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I have Rogue Mermaids as mentioned, and I had GOF's ready to go but am waiting on his address. I can't wait to see everyones work. :P

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

This sounds like fun.

We did a similar thing with a bunch of artist friends. We took a sketchbook and started randomly filling in pages. The only rule was that in the end it had to be a comic book with a continuous story line. It was interesting to see how it all cmae together. At first it was doubtful it would ever work. In the end however, we had monkeys, a ninja sqirrel, Nazis, and More. It was interesting how the story line grew out of nothing and tied random elements together.

It would be interesting to see what the Pyrate Sketchbooks look like in the end.

Keep me in mind for Round Three.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Ah, that's good stuff mate.

I like that Captain P.U. fella. Made me laugh right out loud.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

WOOO HOOO...FINALLY got my first round book back. Awesome job you guys. Thanks sooooo much Boots, Patrick and P.E.W. I love it all! P.E.W., the little weapons locker is so kewl! I'm going to post some pictures of pages from the book as soon as I can, as well as the danglies tied to the spine, since Patrick added to the ones I put on (love the little monkey paw knotwork).

THANKS AGAIN, ALL OF YOU :blink:B):huh::huh:

BTW, on this second round, I still have not received GoF's book, but since it has a LONG way to travel, it may take it a while yet. I'll post as soon as it arrives. :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Eye got a good start on Skull Pyrate Carters sketch book.. 4 pgs. so far and it's all on the fly... and alot of fun.. Eye Hope that kool wax seal stays in place that Carter had already on the book.

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Received GoF's book on Friday. :unsure:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I've finished GOF's book, but will wait until Patrick is back from PIP before I mail it to him.

How are the rest of you doing? :(

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Eye have been busy drawing/photoshopping stuff and then hand coloring them in..My wife is making copies though this is not the whole contribution. I think Skull Pirate Carter will dig on how his starts out... MUMs the word...Eagh Eagh....LoL... Auhh the suspence of waiting almost a whole year just to see! RRRRRrrrr... And yes the Wax seal is still intact.

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Just to give the heads up... I have yet to receive RCJ's Sketchbook....

Don't know how that will throw things off... but its nearly the end of Nov.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!