Round two of Pyrate Sketchbooks

Patrick Hand

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think your book is lost, Rogue Mermaid. It's one of the ones that GoF is due to mail out soon, if he hasn't already. Patrick sent it to him, so I know it got there okay.

Patrick's book is home by now.

So, ummm, BTW, Rogue Mermaid, how's my book coming along? :lol::lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

First off, my internet provider is really messing up, and this is the first time in the last three days that I could get on-line.......

So I'm trying to figure out where, and who has what...... Hopefully, I can get on-line (or I'll have to use my Bosses computer to read any replys...)

OK... changing this part.....

In June….

Rogue Mermaid ........... will send GoF’s. to GoF

GoF................................ will send Black Mab’s to Black Mab

Skull pyrate Carter....... (OK.... I have to look this up again and figure it out...)

In July

Skull pyrate Carter.......will send Oderlesseye’s to him

Oderlesseye...................will send Rogue Mermaid’s to PEW

Skull pyrate Carter,I'm slightly confused.... I don't know if GoF has Rogue Mermaid’s or if he already sent it..... I thought Black Mab had it......

So...... GoF; who's sketchbooks do you have (or just send out?)

How is everyone doing? :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Not good...

I am obviously the blight in the group as everyone (except Pat) that has been the mailer or mailee with me has either dropped the ball or dropped out of the group.

The Latest casualty is Black Mab...

So, who do I send books to now, as I have a few that are packed up waiting for a mailing label.

If I am supposed to send you books, please e-mail me your address so I can get these out ASAP.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Dear Blight,

Send them to me, I would love to see your work!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Sorry, dear Captain, but those books have homes to go to.

GoF, you are NOT a blight. I have PMed you concerning the place to mail your books. As you say, Black Mab is out, so I believe Carter is who you need to send the books to.

And Rogue Mermaid, thanks for the PM update! No worries. B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oh I had no intentions of keeping them...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The Latest casualty is Black Mab...

So, who do I send books to now, as I have a few that are packed up waiting for a mailing label.

GoF................................ will send Black Mab’s to Black Mab

Then send the others to Skull pyrate Carter....

GoF's and Skull pyrate Carter's sketchbooks should be finishing up this round....

so all that are left are,

Oderlesseye’s and Rogue Mermaid’s ...

I have Carter's currently.

I guess there's no sense in sending out a new book of my own to anyone. I have not heard back from RCJ for some time now about my previous book.

:ph34r:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I have Carter's currently.

Hugh?...... I thought that GoF had Skull Pyrate Carters....

I sent GoF an e-mail .... so he should be sending Black Mab's to her (it's finninhed it's rounds), and to send the other sketchbooks to Skull Pyrate Carter. (so GoF or Skull Pyrate Carter should PM each other with a mailing address...)

From what I can figgure, the sketchbooks still out are.... (well other than the ones that have finnished thier rounds, and are (soon) on thier way home.....)

Skull Pyrate Carter's

Oderlesseyes

Roque Mermaids

PEW's is lost, unless red Cat Jenny knows differently.....

I don't know about the rest of the gang, but I think Pew should send out a book NOW!! There is no way that he should do work in everyone else's books, and have nothing of his own, especially now that his first book looks to be lost, despite earlier hopes.

Please, Pew, start a book, and send it to the next person in line that you usually would have — Carter? It should be able to make the round in no time, if people worked on it as quickly as possible. Maybe every three weeks, instead of one every month, or month and a half, as seems to be happening now.

It is just not fair that you should end up with nothing. Minimum case scenerio, send it to me and I'll do some work in it. Better than nothing. :ph34r:

Come on gang, this is one of our own, and he's been working hard on all the other books. He deserves one of his own.

What say you all?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

What say you all?

Eye would have lost interest in this all together if I were in Pews place..

So I wanna know if Pew still be interested ... if so Bravo ~ and Eye will contribute.. I don't believe his book lost..In all Probably the odds are higher it were stolen!

Eye still have nauhwt a claim to this book eighter..and as a result of my busy schedule and no one speakin up for it..It is still afore muah and no major contribution in it except Carters.. Someone speaks up for it..Else it can be donated to Pew and I will make a contribution to it and send it to Rogue Mermaid.

IMG_0602_2.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Thanks all!!

I have to rescind my former statement.....I have GOF's book currently.

I'll send my book as well as GOF's to Rogue Mermaid. If my book will throw things off (like doubling up on work for some), I can wait and send it later....

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

That might work, instead of spending a month on it, add a few quick sketchs and send it along.... Heck.... I could print out all the comic books that I drew and scanned and include the entire collection (well copys of the entire collection)

So if Oderlesseye sends the unclamed book to Roque Mermaid, we can get it started....

Also.... could everyone that still has a sketchbook please post who's you have, so I can work on the revised shipping list....

I think the idea of giving the mystery book to Pew is a good one. It's been over a month, and no one has claimed ownership of it. Also, it already has Carter's work in it, and Eyes can add to it and send it on. Sort of a jump-start for Pew, if he's agreeable to that. B)

Currently I have no book. I think the only book I haven't done work in is Rogue Mermaid's, but I'm not positive. Whoever has her book, could they check and see if any of my work is in it? Thanks!

(Sorry, Pew, but there was NO WAY I was going to let you off without a book of your own to keep! B) )

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I'll send my book as well as GOF's to Rogue Mermaid.

You mean you already have one of your original books Pew? Or you want the one I posted that is unclaimed...????

I spoke to my wife about re-sizing my stuff to fit the one book pictured above and I can have it mailed this Fri. Rogue Murmaid needs to PM me her address so this will work.

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

(Sorry, Pew, but there was NO WAY I was going to let you off without a book of your own to keep! :lol: )

:lol:

You'll always 'ave a friendly port if'n ye ever come east.... :lol:

Same applies to you, mate, should you ever head west! <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Okay, I think we need an update on how everyone is doing. Could I get a shout-out please?

Currently I have no book.

BTW, while cruising another forum, I saw that they were attempting something similar to this, only with one book making the rounds (who ends up getting to keep the book when the round is over I never could figure out). But, they are having similar problems with people dropping the ball, or dropping out completely. With just one book! So, I guess we're doing pretty good considering we have, what, 6 or 7 books making the round? :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I am Sending the "Unclaimed book" now Pews..To Rogue Murmaid today.

Noquarter2copy.jpg

That's because I suck Ransom.

Honestly, I finally sent it out yesterday. I'm so sorry I took so long, but it's safe and I even have a usps tracking # if you want it.

It drives me crazy when the post office asks me if I want insurance when I mail the sketchbooks. Sure if this was some item I could buy at Walmart insurance makes since and it covers the postal service's butt if they lose it. However, these sketchbooks aren't replacable. I always want to say, "No insurance please, just don't lose this book".

I don't mean to mock the postal service. My dad is actually a mailman so I like to say that I can "go postal" because it's in my genes. :rolleyes:

That's because I suck Ransom.

Honestly, I finally sent it out yesterday. I'm so sorry I took so long, but it's safe and I even have a usps tracking # if you want it.

It drives me crazy when the post office asks me if I want insurance when I mail the sketchbooks. Sure if this was some item I could buy at Walmart insurance makes since and it covers the postal service's butt if they lose it. However, these sketchbooks aren't replacable. I always want to say, "No insurance please, just don't lose this book".

I don't mean to mock the postal service. My dad is actually a mailman so I like to say that I can "go postal" because it's in my genes. ;)

:lol: No, no, I just meant that I had no book to work in! Gosh, hope you didn't think that was a snide post aimed at you! You've kept me updated, so I had no complaints at all.

Yeah, I love that "Do you want to insure this" question. How do you explain how precious the contents are, and that a simple reimbursment wouldn't come close to replacing what they'd lost? :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

:lol: No, no, I just meant that I had no book to work in! Gosh, hope you didn't think that was a snide post aimed at you! You've kept me updated, so I had no complaints at all.

Nope, I just feel bad that I said I'd have it out a week ago!

Besides, it's your books so you still wouldn't have a book to work in :rolleyes: