Round two of Pyrate Sketchbooks

Patrick Hand

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any possibilities of getting my original book back?

And thet be my expectation above all else when i start this endevore..

Figure $2.50 to $6.00 x how many participants is an expense...Well worth it if every one stays their commitment to doing this...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Don't worry, Eyes, all the first round books are accounted for. Some are just a bit late, not lost. Patrick had PEWs and is mailing it out soon. Silkie is still finishing up mine. So, please don't back out. I was really glad when you signed up to do this round. :o

The deadline for the first jump is just six days away! Got your sketchbooks going yet? Better hurry! :o

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

The deadline for the first jump is just six days away! Got your sketchbooks going yet? Better hurry! :unsure:

You folks would know better than I:

Should I create a new book or is there sufficient pages left in mine for the next round?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Any possibilities of getting my original book back?

I PM'ed PEW to let him know that I sent his out today Priority..... so he will have it on Monday or Tuesday..... I got kinda swamped with a buncha stuff.... and didn't get it out last week as I origanaly planned......

Figure $2.50 to $6.00 x how many participants is an expense...Well worth it if every one stays their commitment to doing this...

Some of the sketchbooks are averaging about $7.50 to send..... once a month it isn't that bad.......

And if anyone runs into a "tight" spot with money..... just PM the person that you send the book to and let them know you'll be a little late.....

I like the idea, that when everyone mails out the sketchbook, they post that it's been sent..... that way, we can figure out how long shipping takes, and can adjust........

Sometimes "real life" interfears with our fun...... but we can send PM's and let the next person on the list know that we may be a little late.... that way, they don't have to worry that a sketchbook may be lost..... or something has gone wrong......

So, please don't back out.

No worries ! Just counting the cost... I am willing to take a risk and trust

everyone is on board... ;)

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

OK....

This Monday, is the "cut-off date".....

If anyone wants to play... join in now.... or this is the schedule..... If I missed anyone let me know really quickly........

Round two starts on October 31 st...... Halloween........

Pew...................................Annapolis, Md

Rogue Mermaid.................Elkton, MD

Silkie McDonough.............Collingswood, NJ

Red Cat Jenny.................. NY

GOF................................. Germany (via NY)

Ransom............................. Grants Pass, OR.

Patrick Hand.....................Arnold, CA

casketchris........................ Bakersfield, CA

Black Mab......................... South Pasadena, CA

Skull pyrate Carter...........Irvine, CA

Oderlesseye........................San Diego, CA

I hate to do this at the last minuet but I think it will be best that I drop out.

I really want to participate but ...well I still have Ransoms book from the last round. I was hoping I could do this but there is too much going on in my life. Maybe next time.

So Rogue, Just get Jenny's address rather than mine.

Again, I am very sorry to back out at such a late date.

I hate to do this at the last minuet but I think it will be best that I drop out.

Awh man... that's too bad...... RATS.........

OK... so this is the final list....

PM the person who's name is below yours for thier address..... (well other than Oderlesseye who needs to get Pew's address.......)

Then we all send out our sketchbooks on Halloween.......

Pew...................................Annapolis, Md

Rogue Mermaid.................Elkton, MD

Red Cat Jenny.................. NY

GOF................................. Germany (via NY)

Ransom............................. Grants Pass, OR.

Patrick Hand.....................Arnold, CA

casketchris........................ Bakersfield, CA

Black Mab......................... South Pasadena, CA

Skull pyrate Carter...........Irvine, CA

Oderlesseye........................San Diego, CA

:P Awww, Sikie.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Damn it, I completely read this wrong and thought that the cut-off date to sign UP was on Halloween. I have been so busy with work that I have not even started my sketchbook yet but I thought I had another couple days. Curses. I don't think I'll be able to participate now, unless someone doesn't mind getting a book about a week late . . . :P

edit: well, maybe two days late? would that be okay? I just realized I'm going to be stuck at shows without internet access and with pretty much nothing to do for the next two days, so I could actually get some sketching in . . . :P

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

:rolleyes: Both!

Where is that dang book, anyways?

**In the worst two-year-old tantrum rant** ...iwantmybook...iwantmybook...iwantmybook....

There, is that whine-y enough? :(;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Aye

yet....                
could mean a long wait....

Sent mine to Pew today to kick this thing off.....

Noquarter2copy.jpg

My Sketchbook is ready..... just need Caskitchris's addres to send it to.... (or the next Pyrate in line...)

DANG..... I thought the idea was that on Halloween.... October 31st.

we would all send our sketchbooks out....

I kinda thought that I'd explained that in one of the earlier post.........

When Randsom didn't wan't to set it up.... I thought...."hey... how messed up can it get......"

Now I'm starting to understand.....

OK.... so it ain't working on Halloween.....

SOUND OFF NOW.... Who is still playing. and who whimped out..... and when can you send yer sketchbools out?

Mine'll go out to day to Rogue Mermaid

:lol:

(BTW, awesome job on the last go -round folks. My book looks great!!)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

DANG..... I thought the idea was that on Halloween.... October 31st.

we would all send our sketchbooks out....

When Randsom didn't wan't to set it up.... I thought...."hey... how messed up can it get......"

Now I'm starting to understand.....

:rolleyes:;)

My book will go out to Patrick today, ON HALLOWEEN!

Okay, Silkie, I'm tired of waiting for my original book. Now PEW has his back I'm the only one left without the first round book. If you don't have the tme to finish it, just send it home as is. Please. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Eye did wot was convienient for me. Beside it's priority mail all the frikin way to Maine ! It will take at least 4-5 days priority mail as oppose to some who only have to mail to the next city in the same state.. That taken in consideration..Pew will more than likely recieve mine well after the other pirates fire thier cannons in the mail and recieve the volley likewise! RRRRR :rolleyes:

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Beside it's priority mail all the frikin way to Maine !

Errrrr..that shoulda been Maryland, not Maine.

OK... this is starting out all messed up..... cool wot do ye expect working wit a buncha Pyrates ........

So not all the sketchbooks went out on Holloween.... (I still need Caskitchris's addres so I can send mine to him.....)

Anyway.... who is still playing.....?

If anyone has fallin out... and we are trying to keep playing.... it messes it up more than it already is.......

So post if yer still playing

Then I can figure it out from there........

I think Ransom said something 'bout hearding kittens...........

Come on.... Pyrates ain't as flakey as Scadains....... (I surrly hope not).....