Round two of Pyrate Sketchbooks

Patrick Hand

"The List" (so far.... laugh.gif )

Pew...................................Annapolis, Md

Rogue Mermaid.................Elkton, MD

Silkie McDonough.............Collingswood, NJ

Red Cat Jenny.................. NY

Ransom............................. Grants Pass, OR.

Patrick Hand.....................Arnold, CA

casketchris........................ Bakersfield, CA

Black Mab......................... South Pasadena, CA

Skull pyrate Carter...........Irvine, CA

Oderlesseye........................San Diego, CA

Ok... I think I have that right.... PEW being the farthest South on the East Coast..... then Ransom being the farthest North on the West Coast......

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I would like "in"

GOF Germany Via an Army Post Office APO address

(That means all mail to me goes through New York City, where the Military Picks it up and Flies it over to Europe)

Have you posted the dimensions of the pages in the book... so we could start early?

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

"The List" (so far.... ;) )

Pew...................................Annapolis, Md

Rogue Mermaid.................Elkton, MD

Silkie McDonough.............Collingswood, NJ

Red Cat Jenny.................. NY

GOF................................. Germany (via NY)

Ransom............................. Grants Pass, OR.

Patrick Hand.....................Arnold, CA

casketchris........................ Bakersfield, CA

Black Mab......................... South Pasadena, CA

Skull pyrate Carter...........Irvine, CA

Oderlesseye........................San Diego, CA

Oh goodie, I'll get all those kewl German stamps on GoF's mailing envelopes!

BTW, Patrick, is this round going to have a theme? I just had everyone keep it to pyracy in general, but you were talking about ghost pirates, or haunted ships, etc. Just curious.

I heard from Silkie that my first book is so full of artwork that the front and back covers are now three inches apart, and it won't close. How kewl is that!!! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

BTW, Patrick, is this round going to have a theme?

Other than Pyrates.... I'm not sure.... I figure if someone wants thier sketchbook to be thiemed, they can say so on thier first page.....

In the first round, the covers of the sketchbooks kinda set "th' mood" for what we added....

Ghost Pyrates might be fun... but I think it's best left up to the owner of the sketchbook.....

Got it. Thanks. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I heard from Silkie that my first book is so full of artwork that the front and back covers are now three inches apart, and it won't close. How kewl is that!!! :ph34r:

Yeah, sorry about that. I got kinda carried away with yours..... :huh:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• 2 weeks later...

This is very tempting... when is your cut off date for people wanting in?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The books start the next round on Nov. 1st. I think all you need to do is let Patrick know you want to play, and he'll put you on the rotation list. Then all you have to do is get a sketchbook, decorate the cover and a few pages to get it going, and mail it off to the next person in the rotation. Then you'll get one from whoever is before you, and you do however many pages you want in that one, and then 1st of Dec. they all get mailed off again. Easy. Although, Patrick is thinking about a hiatus over December, because of the holidays.

I'm sure he'll post more the closer the time gets, but that's the basics. Once the rotation starts, then the game is closed because it would get WAY too confusing.

Come on in, the water's fine! :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oh I am certain the water is fine, and I would LOVE to see everyone's contributions... but with my schedule and my health... I really need to think about this... but oh so tempting... I will reply aye or nay, prior to Nov. 1. Thanks Ransom.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

It IS a commitment, that's for sure. And with this many people playing, you won't get your book back for a year, and you'll have a book a month for a year, that you are committed to doing artwork in, or you let down the rest of the participants. People need to know that going in. But the end result is super, and the doing of it a lot of fun. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yeah, yeah, just keep dangling that carrot !!!

Crewe of the Archangel

Still thinking....snigger...

Crewe of the Archangel

The books start the next round on Nov. 1st.

NO... NO...No.....

The next round starts on Wednesday October 31st.... Halloween....that's when we all mail out the sketchbooks....... more fun that way....... pluss we can cut and paste the postage stamp showing that they were sent out then...... dang... how cool is that ?.......

If you wanna play, you have to let me know kinda soon.... so I can add you to the list........

As for how much time you have to spend on your entry in a sketchbook..... heck... one page is better than nothing..... if you wanna spend more time ... that's cool.... if you can only spend one night a month... that's cool also.......

Okay knocks me out... no way I can start on Oct, 31. Major pirate party for over 200 hundred kids! Nov 1 was already pushing it... maybe next time.

Crewe of the Archangel

Okay knocks me out... no way I can start on Oct, 31.

Do you live so far from the Post Office ?

Basicaly..... you get a sketchbook.... do a few drawings (or whatever) in it.... then send it out on Halloween...... That's the start of "Round Two...."

Then each month, you will get someone elses sketchbook..... add your stuff to it (as little or as much as you want...) then send it out to the next person.... so it's only once a month......

(we may have to push the December sketchbooks to going out in Febuary..... because of the Hollyday madness,,,,,)

But it's fun stuff..... not like your painting the Cistine chapel...... ;)

I ain't going ter "badger" anyone into playing...... but heck.... it is a lot of fun.......<and you'll realy regret not playing.......> ;)

The books start the next round on Nov. 1st.

NO... NO...No.....

The next round starts on Wednesday October 31st.... Halloween....that's when we all mail out the sketchbooks....... more fun that way....... pluss we can cut and paste the postage stamp showing that they were sent out then...... dang... how cool is that ?.......

;) Oops, sorry. Guess I was one day off!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Okay knocks me out... no way I can start on Oct, 31.

Do you live so far from the Post Office ?

Ah... you laugh, but actually the post office with hours that are available when I am, is at least a half hour away! And yes, I live with the deers, and the bears, and the hawks and buzzards... ;)

Crewe of the Archangel

I sorta hear what you are saying..... mail and the post office get kinda confusing up in the mountains where I live also...... (just not half an hour away..... :o )

Rats..... it would have been cool if you could join in with the sketchbooks.....

Anyway... back to business.....

I figure that we have to finalize who is playing by no later than this Monday.....

Anyone else that want's to play, better post now.....

Because on Monday. I will re-post the "List".... then you PM the person below your name and get thier address so you know where to send your (and the next) sketchbooks to......

If you want your sketchbook to have a scarry Pyrate thiem.... then tell everyone on your first page..... other than that, we will draw whatever is happly pyrate like in them......

Something to consider...... After the first round.... I discovered that how the sketchbook looks, and what you did for the first few pages...... kinda sets the atmospiere for the rest of the sketchbook.....

So have some fun on the first few pages..... well... the idea, is that not only do you send out a sketchbook.... but you draw or put something in the first few pages that is your work

For example.... Ransom's had a bunch of "danglies" tied to the cover of her book..... so of course I had to add something......

If you haven't played befor in round one......then you are in for a happy suprise....... it is so dang cool to get one of the books.... see what everyone else has done..... and get to add something of your own......

Another thing was suggested by Silkie on the first round, and it's a great idea. If you can, take pictures of the artwork you do in each book. That way you have a record of all the artwork you did in all the books. I did this, and also took a pic of the front of each artists book. I plan to do the same thing this next round.

One thing I might try and do this round is keep a quick diary of what I did in each book, how I felt about it, what I used and why. Just for fun. Sorta the "Art Journal's Journal" LOL

And, hey, Silkie, I want my first book back so I can see what interesting danglies Patrick added to mine!!! :o

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

So I guess I shall PM the first on the list Aye? Less 'nother pyrate be added to this eeerrrr incorrigible crew.. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."