New Orleans Comes ALIVE with Pyrates!

TheBlackFox

The organizers of PyrateCon 2008 are in New Orleans for a few days getting all the groundwork laid for what will be an incredible experience for everyone. The group is meeting not only with event, hotel, and vendor folks but have an appointment with the Mayor of New Orleans to talk about his involvement with the Con!!!

Updates will be printed in The Pyrates Way magazine in every issue and expect to see marketing materials online and in your mailbox about the PyrateCon. The Pyrates Way is a major supporter and sponsor of PyrateCon 2008.

With the fiasco that was PyrateCon2007 (read about that in the Summer Pyrates Way magazine), the new organizers of PyrateCon 2008 have turned the event into a mega-event with stars of Pirates of The Caribbean leading the venue.

www.pyratecon.com is the only official website for PyrateCon 2008 and information is changing weekly so visit often!

PyrateCon2008 is going to ROCK!

I can hardly wait to be there and meet everybody, including you Blackfox.

There's going to be scooter races between me and a great lady who goes by the board name of appylady on KTTC site.

I understand that some gals are actually going to make pirate cheerleader outfits for it!

Oh, way too much fun....I sooooooooo want it! :rolleyes:

The organizers of PyrateCon 2008 are in New Orleans for a few days getting all the groundwork laid for what will be an incredible experience for everyone.

Aye, they were here, I saw 'em. I'll vouch for 'em. :D

Didn't see much of the bloke who organized the one for 2007, though. :rolleyes:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Let me tell you, there is no better place for a Pirate Party like this. Last year had its issues but it still was amazing to see the streets of New Orleans filled with Pirates in arms. If anyone wants to see some pictures from last years event/parade checkout our myspace.

Pyrate Con 2007 pics

l_cc80dd3d1434816f988d10831ce14763.jpg

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Ah, that is a grand sight it is... thanks for sharing it. 08 looks like an even greater adventure, it does.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Matt! Good to see you! I worked with you and Klaus and Cliff at the Pirates magazine booth at John Levique Days.

Hope to see you at the Pirate Festival in St Petersburg perhaps!

Back to subject--since my family is from New Orleans and I love the Quarter, I'd just be getting myself in trouble as I'd never leave the bars!

Except for maybe jumping the walls at midnight at St Louis #1 or standing outside the LaLaurie house.

And only if Mad Jack was with me!

*he understands*

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

St Louis #1 is the oldest cemetery in the city, founded in 1789.

http://www.graveaddiction.com/1stlouis.html

It borders on a questionable neighborhood. St Louis #2 is in the projects. Because the tombs are above ground and almost look like little houses, there are plenty of places for the criminal element to hide. People have even been mugged during the day.

*like that ever stopped me*

During Katrina, when all the looting was going on, St Louis Cemetery #1 was untouched. Why, you may ask?

Because Marie Laveau, renowned voodoo queen is buried there.

Her magic is still feared so the looters stayed out of it and away from her.

*she's 50' from my family tomb*

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

• 3 weeks later...

I went to #1 in full gear, sword and slush drink. No one dared bother a crazy looking pirate there. Paid homage to Marie while there!

Great place to roam around. I did get hit up on the outside by a guy who tried to tell me it was dangerous to be in that area. He offered to walk us back to the quarter. The only one I was afraid of was him. Once he got us there he wanted $10 from each of us for the service. I just laughed (a good drunken laugh, having been into my second slush drink of the day) and told him our lives weren't worth $10 total combined.

He just left then... saved $50 in the process I did.

Ahoy Capt William. Thanks to your great presentation we now have two cannon in the fold and working on our third. What took us so long?

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com