Due to the sensitive ears of certain captains

Capt. Sterling

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: That was one of the first things I told my husband before we got married. "I don't do mornings. Never have, never will."

Sunrises are nice...Sunsets better! LOL

As for snoring, weeel, only if I'm really tired, and then I usually wake myself up.

BTW, Captain Sterling...you know, from my nice cushy hotel room, I never heard that church bell in the morning. :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

grumble, grumble, grumble... Let's see Church bells, Mr. March snoring, obnoxious teenagers roaming about camp in the wee hours... snotties snoring, tornadoes... yeah, didn't wrack up much sleep there either...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Now you see if we keep everyone else awake, I most likely will get my normal three hours....

Honestly, here's to everyone having such a brilliant time at PiP, that NO ONE even desires to sleep for the fear that they shall miss something grand! :unsure::ph34r::ph34r:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Okay, yeah, there was that tornado thing. But hey, at least it was in the afternoon, and not at the crack o dawn. :unsure:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Okay, yeah, there was that tornado thing. But hey, at least it was in the afternoon, and not at the crack o dawn. :unsure:

Aye, but I had just finished lunch and had laid back in the grass to close my eyes...

Crewe of the Archangel

OK... thar be a few O' us wot don't do mornings well....

Or at least untill coffee tyme........ :unsure:

Hey... ain't that why we fought the Revolution..... to defend our right to have coffe in the mornings..... heck wit tea..... that's why they dumped it in the Boston Harbor.......... (for some reason my history teacher didn't like me...... :ph34r: )

I'm a second shifter by God!!

I don't hack, slash, rob or burn until well into the afternoon!!! B) Anything earlier, I consider it over time and I expect time and a half!!! B)

BTW: I'm also for the night time raids!!! Seriously!!! Why not have some!!!

When I was a grunt, we would occasionally conduct night missions on "friendly" platoons or companies just for fun! as long as you're safe... Why not!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Designated helmsman.

I thought ye was th' Quartermaster.............. B)

Hey.... wot about the Sunset cannon and gun fire....?

We'd have to stay (semi) sober to do such..... but heck... Malory Square ain't got nothin' on a buncha Pyrates.......

Sunset in Key West is a celibration......

Sunset in Key West with cannon and gun fire would be SO much cooler........ B)

Just from a legal standpoint.... any black powder fire after 10PM is subject to charges under Florida noise ordinances. Truman Annex is not far away and there are people living there who may not be appreciative of lots of booms in the night.

Hate to kill the party, but I just figured you should know the law....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I've not spent a great deal of time that far south, but up here in the north, the sun sets at what 7:30ish in November (give or take)?

Is the sun-set at those lattitudes any different? And if not, I don't think noise ordinances will be much of a concern, neither should staying sober until after... Beer-O-Clock for me tends to be around 9:00 PM (Beer-O-Clock being the time when any adult beverages of any variety come out)....

Michael_banner.jpg

By that time of year the sun will set just after 5:30 at 40 degrees north latitude (a bit further north) during that period of the festival so by 6:30 it's already nearly dark ......so any night activities set for well past sunset or O'DRUNK: THIRTY P.N.S.T.(pyrate non-standard tyme) should be planned accordingly and also prior to the local ordinance

Damnation, that would give us plenty of time....

Crewe of the Archangel

A Wednesday night raid could be good fun, good practice and good advertising. I know the festival doesn't start until Wednesday but ...well ...I don't even know who will be there by Wednesday evening. If we don't do Wednesday there is still Thursday.

...and Friday B)

...and Saturday. B)

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Contacts should be made with the local news stations if they want to film. We could also do some filming of our own!! This would also allow some filming without the spectators in the background etc.

But regardless... I think if we as the reenactors are allowed to enjoy ourselves, prior to the event or at night when the crowds leave, it would be that much more memorable and allow us our own "escape" without having to worry about all eyes being on us!!

I'm also a firm believer that "The booze stays away, till the guns are out of play!"

Crowds are gone by 4pm.. 4:30 the latest??That gives us about an hour and a half for chow and preperation....If it's nearly dark by 6:30 pm... We could go for an hour or two....(Again when the crowds are gone) Say 6pm until 8pm (maybe 9pm Saturday??) and call it quits....Then we can cut loose and BS about how much fun we had on our terms! B)

Till the ghosts come out that is! B)

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

For the last 6 weeks I've been living in the last house on Southard St, which is just a short walk to the Fort. On Fridays and Saturdays I can still hear the bands from the Green Parrot just outside my front door up until midnight at least. I think the noise ordinances might be a little more lax on the weekends...

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

A night battle would be fun....

But what I was thinking of was.....

In Key West, they celibrate Sunset...

If you haven't seen it, you do have to go to Mallory Squaire just to watch the Circus....

But watching the Sunset from the Fort Walls is better......

What would be even better than just watching the Sunset from the Fort Walls, would be to fire off guns and cannons as the Sun sets...... :huh:

Th' Green Flash be rare.... but Muzzle Flashes be do-able........ B)B)