The Land Shark's On-Line Naming Party!

Ahoy pirates!!

Over the last several months you've watched our homely little turquoise blue boat from Ebay, make the transformation into "The Land Shark", our pirate ship parade float.

Nautical tradition dictates that whenever a boat is renamed, that there should be a prayer asking for safety, a bottle of fine spirits broken or poured over the bow, prayers offered in each direction of the four winds and that the ship's renaming be celebrated once the ship is ready to be launched, in the company of good friends to wish her well.

Due to our remote mountain location, and my desire to have the Land Shark officially named and properly protected before venturing down our rather treacherous mountain road, the Pyracy Pub seems the perfect place to hold a celebration for a pirate ship!

So if you will- please let me pour everyone a bit o' rum and we'll get started!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spirits and I don't be getting along too well but I will raise me cup a Joe fer yer toast.

Vaya con Dios Tiburon de la Tierra.

EP

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Here's to smooth sailing on the concrete seas! :D

The Gates of Hell are flung open.....

from the firey mist steps forth....The Legend....

The woman everyone warned you about....

They didn't exaggerate!

~~SAVE THE ROYALISTE~~

*enters with a big bottle of champagne and a sledgehammer*

All the best luck to the proud Land Shark, may my blessings and those of Moet and Chandon go along with ye!

*Throws bottle into the air an' smashes it on the way down*

*Giggles, covered with bubbles*

I like champagne- it tickes me ears!

:D

Although the Land Shark be sailing all her life long on seas of asphalt and concrete... those of us here, will always be know'n that there are the salted mists and fearsome blessings of all Seven of the wonderous seas, flowing like protective spirits, unseen beneath her keel.

May Manannan fill your sails and see you safe on every voyage.

To the Land Shark and her crews... Forever may they be,

Anam Cara! :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:huh:

*asks for blessings to the north, west, south then east*

*pours Captain Morgan's rum over the bow*

*Raises tankard*

May the Land Shark enjoy a long and happy second life as a pirate and may she bring good fortune to all those who come aboard!!!

:huh: To the fine ship, that is to here after known as the Land Shark. May fair winds fill her sails, her keel wheels be true and sound, and her bowspirit lead her into glorious paths of tales to be told. And to her fine crew.....my yer feet be always true and sure on her deck and riggin'. *raises her tankard in salute to both* :huh:

Captain of The Morrighan.

*has a bit of crying bout the Rum, but opens hers and pours Pirata a cup of Hiighlander Grog coffee, *tastes like a kiss from a Scots)

May all you get is portholes and not potholes....

Congrats to you and your crew.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

No tears Merrydeath, there's pleeeeeeeeeeeeeenty o' rum for all!!

*'Quill scurries in with platters of food-

Hardtack and salted beef for the traditionally minded,

Limes, oranges and other citrus for those with scurvy,

Cream puffs, pastries and other sweet decadent delights for the sinful,

Platters of roasted game for the hungry pirates,

and boards with warm-from-the-oven French bread from St. Francis!*

Dig in pirates!!!!!! Feast to yer heart n' yer belly's content!!

*Quickly filling everyone's tankard with rum, wine and other piratical poisons*

Drink up mates!!

:huh:

Ahoy, Cap'n 'n' Crew o' the Land Shark!

Lifting a frothy mug o' Piraat ale to ye all! May all yer sails

be smooth, and no flats assail ye!

(and yes, I'll be havin' a bit o' that roasted game -- an' some bread --

an' a lime fer good measure!)

And by the by -- what time and where be the gatherin' fer

that parade down there in San Josey?

Most respectfully yers,

Ct Ben

*wipes tears off so she can see her tankard better*

Ah Lass!! you are a dear one! Giving us drink and feeding us too...

May all your days be filled with play

and all your nights be nice and tight.

cheers!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

since my dark Goddess be a fierce one who likes Her drink,she'll be more n happy to protect yer shark.

may Kali-Ma,mother of us all decide ta keep you and yer ship here for a good long time.

cheers and here's a good gulp of redrum for tha lady

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

:rolleyes: Moving from pirate to pirate, clankin' everyone's tankard with her own....

Many thanks for the well wishes all o' ye! I wish there were a magical ship I could put ye' on that would transport ye' all to CA for the parade! Although, with the current rainy conditions, ye' might just keel-haul me iffn I did that!! :rolleyes:

Ben, the parade kicks of this sunday morning at 8:30 am. Our line-up time is 6:30am *yawn* , with the floats being inspected by the judges from 7am to 8am. And if ye' can find it by satellite pr'haps, the TV broadcast is on KNTV 11 at 9:00am PST. But we'll have plenty of photos and after the parade, some video clips and the videos of the telecast go up for sale on the website following the parade. So even if I can't get all o' ye on the Land Shark, we'll share the whole event with everyone here, and I know you'll all be there in spirit as she sails through the city! :)

*Opens a cyber rift and looks at the local forcast at www.weather.com and exclaims with great surprise*

WELL IF THAT AIN'T NUTHIN' SHORT O' A BLOODY MIRACLE!!!

OUR FORCAST HAS BEEN UPGRADED FROM RAIN TO PARTLY CLOUDY!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ph34r::rolleyes: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

*fires flintlock in celebration!!* KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer well wishes be changin' me fortunes pirates!!! Keep 'em comin'!!! Drinks all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahoy mates!! Just back from the parade! All went well and according to the email I have from Cracked Carrie, we got good TV coverage this time! Saber and my son are at this moment undertaking the delicate operation of backing the Land Shark in (I can't bare to watch :ph34r: )

The only mishap was last night, during the set up. Lucky Penny and I were setting up the mast and as I was tightening down the yardarm it slipped out of the connecting piece and WHACK!! it smacked poor Penny right square in the face! Poor sweetie had a terrible bloody nose and enough bruising to where we weren't sure if it was broken at first.

The Land Shark was thereby christened in blood and Lucky Penny earned the highly sought-after title of MVP, for having sustained a grievous injury and didn't shed a single tear. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR whata fine pirate!

Photos of everything, including one of Penny's nose, to follow!!