Kalmar Nyckel doing pirate sails

Matusalem

We have a slight problem with their 'pirate' mode, as pirates had no hierarchy; no kings, queens,princes, etc..on that note, you'll love their 'pink pirate princess' shirts......say hi to Antonie, one of our old crew, a czech sword fighter...on another tack, we're sailing south in two weeks; Erie canal ,Hudson river, Jersey coast, Chesapeake to Norfolk, then thru the swamps to film 'The Privateer'......

:rolleyes:

we're sailing south in two weeks; Erie canal ,Hudson river...

If you put in along the Hudson, anywhere between Haverstraw and Nyack, We'd like to come out and see you.

Royaliste, you will have to inform us via this board or somehow, when you are making passage our way before you arrive in SC. The Royaliste website schedule is, as I would say......not exactly informative.

Happy voyage and safe passage in the meantime.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Either I or others generally post first here, as when underway during the summer and fall, we haven't the internet speed to make cold fusion changes on our websites.....spontenaety is good, eh wot??..we'lll most likely re-step the rig and do an overnighter in Castleton-on-the-Hudson, then eighty miles or so downstream before heading back out to sea....making a few docking inquiries; last fall proved to be a little spendy for my overnight tastes.....

B)

Oi Royalist!!

The Privateer, you say????

Any info you can spill about filming???

Also Are you folks still planning to make the run to PIP? Sounds like alot of Pub regulars are going to be there and I personally would be honored to tip a tankard or twelve with you!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Just made port again in Alexandria Bay, NY..Headed to Oswego mid-week to unstep the rig and begin the adventure thru the NY State Canal System...As for 'The Privateer', I skimmed over the script, and it seems to have potential, but that's a director's choice, and we know nothing of who the Principal's will be (actors)...As for PIP, it also depends on the pilot's criteria concerning the rest of the filming, and location (could be the left coast again, or NC)...PIP is a hellava long sail for a few day, non paying event. We've just about run our limit on subsidizing events...

:o

• 3 weeks later...

Royaliste, Thanks for sailing (...er, motoring) by....you come and go so quickly :lol:

ROYALISTE4.jpg

Well now I see the KN is back in home port in Wilmington. I think I will drop by when it is open to the public (weekend 9/21). FYI, I signed up for '08 crew.

SHIP2-1.jpg

The Royaliste.....

Dang... she is small (well armed)

and Swift..... And DAMN PRETTY.......

The "lets play Pyrate in SF Bay"...... she sailed circles around all the other ships......(Captain Gary had something to do wit that)

But DANG.... She's still pretty..........

I Ain't much ova Sailor (that's why I 'm just the Marine).....

BUT DAMN..... the Royaliste is a beutifull ship.... (and 'Im glad to have the chance to have sailed on her......)

Matusalem, actually, we're in idle the whole way down that stretch of the Hudson, keeping the fridges running, as the ebb was shoving us a whopping 7.7 knots, so nothing to do but helm straight, and focus on the end of the river!....

Patrick, 'Twas always a kick with you aboard, Raul was mentionin' that when we did the last film project....After one good, and one rough day, we're now in Norfolk, provisioning up for the trip to Beaufort...Then, off thru the rivers and sounds of pirate low country...(and offa this 'KN' thread) best start another, mebbee a calandar, as our home website was hacked recently, and we aren't repairing it until next month when we have the time...

:rolleyes: