Candles

Matusalem

Well, first don't get excited, this isn't reenactor stuff, nor is it real flame.

I saw the broadway show Mamma Mia in New York City a while back, and at some point the entire cast was holding these candles, which were really LED candles, not flame. The effect, from a distance, was mind-boggling. They look like real flickering flame, and not the cheapo bulbs with the alternating filament. I think the application for these things is unlimited, such as holiday time (christmas trees, windows), backyard luau, or just general atmosphere lighting. i am planning on getting some for halloween.

For those who want the flames without the fuss, wax, and hazards,just know they're out there, I don't care which brandLED candles

SHIP2-1.jpg

If you darken the base of these candles (dark brown or even black) the effect is amplified AND indeed mind boggling at night.

Just about all you can see IS the flickering flames.... :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I and several people in our pirate group have them already. I got mine through the 'Harriet Carter' catalog: Harriet Carter

I have seen similar sold at Michael's and such, but they tend to have orange flames that seem fake while mine are much more realistic in a lantern.

Safer than using candles especially when the fire danger here in Calif. is so high.

I have seen these candles before. They are awesome. My son's babysitter has a few. I think hers actually gives off a scent too when it is on. I have been wanting to pick up a few. I will have to ask her what catalog she ordered hers from.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Oh Lily those are cool.

I love candles. They are a part of my everyday life when I'm home. There's something about the warm glow of the flame that seems to bring calm to a room. I have many different ones and I could get lost in Yankee candle and Pier One lol. I have tall glass decanters filled with shells and pillar candles in the bath. Also a little deep blue glass candle lamp which holds tea lights. It's my favorite. I've even brought it on trips.They can mean so many different things, but I couldn't imagine not using them daily.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Sorry about your headaches..

I favor Oil lamps as well. In the summer I have shallow glass bowls I fill with sand, beach glass and shells from the local beach. Then I just stick citronella and regular votives in it and let them burn. The wax melts into the sand and the colors mix, then you can just discard the sandy wax later and put fresh ones. I've even used the huge clams shells I have found for holders as well.

In my old place, I had candles all around the porch and brushed tin lanterns. Makes a great atmosphere for an informal bbq and beer with friends. In the winter I like the luminaria bags all along the path when company is coming, as long as there is snow..its safe.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...