GAoP "Utility" knife & sheath

Gsc

Slowley I'm changing out my "Ren-wrong" garb for period correct garb so I can hopefully become more involved with reenacting events....

One of the suggested pieces for a kit I read was a general purpose knife..... after much searching I just purchased (last night online) a knife that might fit the bill...

It's a 9" (5" blade) 'Roach Belly' Knife...susposed to be based off of the 17th and 18th century design- a typical English style kitchen knife....

Nothing flashy...just a good lookin' basic knife...

It comes with a basic black sheath... do you think this will work for historical events or will I need to purchase/make a new sheath? Any premade sheaths online that might be more historically accurate for sale?

The attached picture came off the Crazy Crow Trading Post website (where I just purchased the knife from)...Dixie Gun Works sells the same knife & sheath but they are almost twice the price from Dixie Gun Works....

Please let me know your opinions on it....will it work for events like PiP?

Knife.jpg

A very common trade knife design with unlimited useage throughtout several periods. Some ships captains required the seamen to "sheepfoot", or blunt the point to prevent stabbing ones self through the sheath when workng or climbing the rigging. This piece should serve you well.

Bo

I haven't ordered from them since I was into the "mountain man" thing several years ago, but their prices were always fair and service was good. I never got anything of poor quality that I can remember either.

I suppose I should order a catalog again. Thanx... Bo