a sad note about one of our own ...Silkie

Just a word mates: Silkie's father passed away today 8/7/07....I'm sure you'll all join me in offering our condolences upon her loss. He had had a full life and was surrounded by family when he passed away. Please join with me in a prayer for Silkie and her family at their hour of loss.......I'll light a candle for him lass

Thoughts an prayers to ye and yours lass. a hug and shoulder if ye need it

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

On behalf of the entire crew, I would like to say we are sorry to hear of your loss... our condolences go out to you and yours, Lady.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Oh, Silkie, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. A hug for you, and a prayer for you and your family.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Silkie and I spoke earlier in the day, her father by her own account was a wonderful man..My heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family. I'm sure your father is at peace now. Blessings to all. We are here for you lass.

Jenny

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

When I lost my father, I was told a story about the Vikings and their acceptance of Christianity. They merged their older beliefs with the new. The soul, to them, was like a great, white sea gull, flying free through the night sky. Quite by accident, it flies into the window of a mead hall where a feast is taking place. It flies hither and yon, resting on a ceiling beam when it can, taking flight when the Vikings roar with laughter or hurl an empty flagon of mead at it.

This is life.

Then, again quite by accident, the bird finds another window and flies back out into the night sky - free.

This is death.

I never think of my father as gone; I think of him as free. That thought is what finally brought me peace. Like the tall ship that slips over the horizon, he's not gone, he's just someplace else.

My condolences and prayers go out for ye,

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Again thank you all ...hearing from you is more helpful than I would have thought.

I have a theory, this can apply to even those who do not believe in God. We are energy. Energy is neither created or destroyed. That energy continues on.

Again, thank you all so very much.

Sending warm thoughts, an understanding shoulder to lean against and a soft , sea born wind to wrap you in it's comfort.

The transitions of loved ones are always the sad times... but when we catch up with them at a later date.... the stories you'll all have to share will have been worth the wait!

Much huggage lass and candles to honor and light the way. ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Oh Silkie, I am so sorry, we just spoke of him and now I am finding out over this thread of your news. My condolences to you and to yours, I know it must be hard to have not been at his side. *hugs* If you need anything..call me..Again Im so sorry for your loss....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png