I'm a disgrace as a pirate

Last Saturday I went out to see if I can catch few king salmon in Puget Sound which is Washington State. I was trolling along just singing a song when I came by a 21 foot san juan sailboat and noticed nobody aboard, I hailed the boat with no answer returned( thinking it was a beautiful day and maybe a couple was in the cabin having fun). I noticed the cabin door was locked from the outside, and a line was hanging heavy over the bow, I pulled the line up and there were 15 feet of anchor chain and anchor at the end. Well I figured that someone didn't moor it correctly and it started drifting at high tide, so I called the Coast guard and reported it and told them I was gonna tow it to the nearest dock which was o.k. by them since they were NOT going to get it, and asked if I wanted to claim salvage rights to it! I never thought of that and thats where I failed as a pirate. I said to just locate the owner and let him know where it was. I should have said hell yes and broke down the door to see what kind of booty was inside the cabin. Can you forgive me mates.

Political correctness requires that I say that you did the right thing.

Pyratical correctness compels me to have you keelhauled for a dock-wallopin' land lubber and marooned!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Tsk, tsk, tsk... I am so terribly disappointed in you, Rusty!

Take the boat, pick the lock, take the shiny bits and bobs as payment for your efforts, and sell the boat back to the original owners for a fair price. <_<

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Lad, ye did the right thing now ye did.

So, whar exactly did ye tie up this har abandoned vessel? Be it a well lite area?

Oh, in the future, ye can just be tellin me alone about these things. I wouldn't want ye embarassed from doin the right thing.

;)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Can you call the coast guard back up and said you reconsidered and yes you will take the boat if no one claims it?

Err, I hope there was no foul play about the boat to find a boat just sailing along, these days so many things can happen.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I thought of that me Lady, and I did say if the owner doesn't want it then I will claim it (but I can't imagine that happening) anyway I think it was an honest goof on the owners part, ( done it maself but I was asleep onboard and a tug and barge woke me up). Just in case your wondering,no the sail weren't up.

• 2 weeks later...

as a mom and habitual do-gooder, I have to say I am very proud of you for doing that..

as a pirate, I have to hang my head in shame, that a fellow Brethern would be so..... law-abiding.

then again, if something did happen to the crew, you didnt get in trouble trying to take it.. right smart of you to think about that! :blink:

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

As an act of penance, I sentence you to kill three Spaniards, loot a convent and burn a small seaside village.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

To the gallows with ye!!! If'n ye didn't want it, I know a trip up the inside passage would be just what I need.

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Ye could have at least hauled up a Jolly Roger

upon their vessle fer warnin thar be no next tyme! B)

Ye did rightly for this day and age..

Nontheless like every one else, I has to say No RUM for You !

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...