'Pirate Master' contestant dies

"Pirate" Contestant Found Dead of Apparent Suicide

Posted Jul 30th 2007 11:19AM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: TV, R.I.P.

Cheryl Kosewicz, from the recently canceled CBS reality show "Pirate Master," was found dead in her home on Friday, KOLO-TV in Reno is reporting. Officials told the station the death is believed to be a suicide, but is still under investigation.

Just two months earlier, Kosewicz's boyfriend also took his own life.

Her death was confirmed by fellow "Pirate Master" contestant Nessa Nemir, who posted on the show's Facebook page, "All of the pirates and Cheryl's friends and family are shocked and devastated. It is a tragic loss that we all feel very deeply."

Another contestant, Joycelyn "Joy" McElveen, wrote on her MySpace page, "I lay in my bed tossing and turning waiting on someone to wake me up from this horrible nightmare. What nightmare you may ask? The nightmare that I thought I would never have to deal with the news that my best friend is dead. I immediately scream out in pain and sorrow."

Kosewicz was the fourth person eliminated (on the show), which was canceled just last week.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

1.jpg

Cheryl Kosewicz was born and raised on a 22-acre farm in Grand Couler, WA, where she and her family literally lived off the land-their only store purchases were paper products. Growing up, she would fish, hunt, garden, sew her own clothes, work with animals and make things for the farm. She began participating in rodeo at a young age, competing in barrel-racing, pole-bending, goat-tying, roping and calf-riding. Her father then turned her on to basketball and she discovered her true love. During high school, she played basketball, and ran in track and cross-country. She was also class president and graduated as a valedictorian. Cheryl received her bachelor's degree in English from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where she was on the dean's list, on a basketball scholarship and continued on for her master's degree. She then attended law school at Northwestern School of Law in Portland, where she received her Doctorate of Law. She worked as a deputy district attorney in Las Vegas for six and a half years. She is currently a Deputy District Attorney in Reno, NV, focusing on the prosecution of sexual abuse cases. Cheryl regularly goes to the gym, runs, skis and swims. She also enjoys reading, horseback riding and athletic events. She describes herself as confident, athletic, competitive and loud. She currently resides in Sparks, NV. Her birth date is Nov. 11, 1971.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 3 weeks later...

How truly sad. May she be at peace now on the other side. My heart goes out to her family and friends. B)

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

That is really sad.... I was just watching a re-run of the show the other day.... And I had no idea that this had happened.....

Yet again the confirmation of life being to fragile and so easy to change in a blink of an eye!!! I pray that her family is able to pull through this tragedy.....

B)

Well folks, throw this into the mix...On the way to film the silly show, Laura Gainey is washed overboard. Dead. Gone...This woman takes her own life. done. end of her story. Some sage advice might run something like 'Unless you personally have some heavy medicine working for you, possibly you might want to steer waay clear of the bad ju-ju affecting Picton Castle' and the show.......especially if you are female. Who is to know if you are the one in the sights.......Just lookin' at the obvious.

Some sage advice might run something like 'Unless you personally have some heavy medicine working for you, possibly you might want to steer waay clear of the bad ju-ju affecting Picton Castle' and the show.......especially if you are female. Who is to know if you are the one in the sights.......Just lookin' at the obvious. 

beef Posted on Aug 27 2007, 09:53 PM

Sounds almost like the 'Curse of the Mary Celeste' (ye pyrates, study up on this tale)...fortunately I'm not female......but ya never know what fate has in store for me since I snapped the Picton Castle (in her pyrate paint) in Newport, R.I on July 1 at at Bannister's Wharf. :lol:

PIRX12.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg