Rum Gets Some Respect

Matusalem

My Boss owns a restaurante, and last year other than one other patron and myself, almost no one drank rum..... This year, for some reason mojitos are really popular.....

I guess Rums going to get all snooty like tequilla did a few years ago......

I guess Rums going to get all snooty like tequilla did a few years ago......

Same with Vodka , Gin, and whiskey...the marketing became directed towards yuppies, and put in slick bottling.

I forgot to post the original site. Ministry of Rum

Incidentally I recall a school field trip, when I was 11, to the Maritime Museum in Mystic, Connecticut, and we students couldn't believe that sailors were fed a daily ration of rum from a huge tankard aboard the ship. We heard that and then we had more respect for sailors :(

SHIP2-1.jpg

Decided I might need some white rum (for Mojitos and Daquiris and such). Although I generally prefer dark rum (and amber for long, tall fruit drinks).

Anyhow, the liquor store had Havana Club Anejo Blanco white rum, so I decided to make the most of one of the perks of being Canadian and bought it. If a white rum is likely to have any flavour at all, this is it.

Yeah, viva Cuba libre, baby!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Now if someone put it in a nice green onion bottle........ :lol:

Patrick, I'm with you on that..and a cool label that looks aged and weathered

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

and put in slick bottling.

Now if someone put it in a nice green onion bottle........ ;)

Lookin at the link below, This har Pyrat XO Rum not be in a green bottle, but the hand blown bottle do be somewhat of a start in what ye be askin and the rum inside..tis to die fer! This be a rum best consumed straight, the smell be strong and sweet, just like the rum be.

Pyrat XO Rum

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I have several of those bottles... They're called hoof bottles, if memory serves.

On the BevMo website, when they don't have a picture of a particular bottle of liquor, they show an onion bottle. Hmmm... maybe if a bunch of us convinced a rum distiller that it would be a good marketing tool to actually put one of their rums in an onion bottle...

RHJMap.jpg

Wow, so much helpful information on where one can get a bottle! Thank you! B)

This be running a bit off the subject of rum getting more respect, but as to its container-

A question- why is green the preferred color for rum bottles?

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!