Pirates of Treasure Cove

Well mateys two years ago right here on line a few of youz grabbed ahold of an idea, A dream and we began this here group of sea dogs, dedicated as one to all and from all for one. The Pirates of Treasure Cove a non profit organization dedicated to literacy and promoting the importance of reading. We went through some hot damn bad times. We seen the ugly side of friendships die for certs. There have been a hundred or more arguments and it just now seems to be headed for a place where we all hoped we all originally headed. The egos have left, The dedicated remain. We are simply the best damn group of pirates on the left coast. Open arms and hearts welcomes ye all. We raise no fences around our guild. Just a sail for a tent and a few oars for tent poles and we have more fun giving something for nothing to all faire goers we just seem to glow with excitement (or maybe thats the grog) any way it has become fun for the first time since we got up and running. thanks to the likes a Rumba and a few others we are having fun. Talk to us at faire, we will be at the Ojai pirate festival and I do hope that ye all come by for a photo shoot and a toast. God bless ye all mates without all of you we wouldn't be. Grammercy

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Thank you Kent and William!

Yes the group has gone through some rough times (I think every group does), but now we have our path straightened out and we have some terrific dedicated people in the group.

We all get along, in fact there's nobody disliking anybody which is good.

We finally are running the group like it should be (without any more interferance from the 'higher ups') and life is good.

Of course we are looking for fun people to join up with us and be present for events. Yes, we are a true non-profit group, which means we have real insurance to cover us. Yes it costs to join, but it isn't much.

So if you think you'd like to have a relaxed, but fun group (and you get to play with Arthur of Kent and me) check us out:

PoTC

PiratesofTreasureCove.jpg

congratulations on the success of your group ...so glad to see you have come throught the past few storms and weathered them with the wonderful attitude that is directed towards such a marvelous cause ....my hat's off to the entire group ...wish i was a wee bit closer to lend a hand from time to time ....but if nothing else you have my admiration and moral support

even thought there are those who think my morals are lacking :huh:;););)

William I don't know if you got my past praises but damn you should be there when the people stop to take pictures of yer art man it causes me heart to thunder in your nonor it does. Thank you again and again and again. Vegas is the 12th 13th and 14th of October maybe I'll bring the old flag and raise it up upon the Center for 16th Century Studies lake facing side of their tent you know just so the whole other side of the lake can be jealous as well as every other guild. Huzzah!

What Rumba says is truth the woman can't lie her teeth would fall out. It's awesome and it seems as though every faire someone wants to be a part of the fun and joins.

So yes I posted here there were once a many good pirates around wanting to do this here a few came on board and the red tape of the politicians dictating policy I think drove them off plus the need to take part 2wice a week on line keep you up to date with all the goings on one needs to want to be a part of all of it not just show up to faire to party. We have a great idea of things to look forward too as well, we are going to need a trailer soon enough. I want a crows nest and a main mast I have a 20 foot rope ladder given to us from a studio but it's so damn heavy I can't even lift it so I need to get a roll into and out of trailer. Back to work , I miss you all my friends I won't stay away so long. K

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

William I don't know if you got my past praises but damn you should be there when the people stop to take pictures of yer art man it causes me heart to thunder in your nonor it does. Thank you again and again and again. Vegas is the 12th 13th and 14th of October maybe I'll bring the old flag and raise it up upon the Center for 16th Century Studies lake facing side of their tent you know just so the whole other side of the lake can be jealous as well as every other guild. Huzzah!

You have thanked me often and with style, but you are again very welcome. I like seeing it behind so many happy faces...

...and the occasional celebrity. Huzzah, indeed.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 1 year later...

We are looking for people who are interested in entertaining children by reading or something that brings learning to the forefront.

We are in Southern California and participate in Pirate/Renaissance/Sailing events where we usually hand out scrolls with lists of recommended reading about pirates divided into age appropriete groups.

If you enjoy lots of interaction with the public and have a good attitude come to an event where we will be and see if we are what you would like to do.

Next event coming up for us:

Vista Pyrate Faire

Dec. 6 & 7, 2008

Rumba Rue

pirateshipff.gif