Fabric: Beg, Barter or Buy

In the Fabric Whore thread, it was suggested that a thread be started to help those of us who have over flowing fabric bins to break our addiction. Or to help the fabric "have nots" get some good stuff to start their pirate projects.

So

If your fabric locker is busting at the seems, list the stuff that you know you are probably not going to "get to" here.

***NOTE***

As this is under "Plunder", all types of fabric will probably be listed. That means all types of pirates (Historical, Theatrical, and Festival) will be looking.

Please try to describe the fabric as best you can, which should include fibre content if known, along with length and width and brief description

EXAMPLE

Fabric: Wool, Grey 2 yrds x 1.5 yrds

I am not sure the fiber content, but it looks to be an old navy blanket. Would probably make a nice short Jacket.

Free to good home, you pay shipping though $6?

Something like that....

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

OK then, I'll start.

#1 100% Blue silk dupioni with light gold warp

2 yards x 60"

medium weight upholstery fabric with a consistent texture. This is NOT an iridescent silk, but definitely has an under tone of the gold.

blue1.jpg

Because of technological differences, the color in this photo may not be an accurate depiction of the fabric color.

ASKING: $20 plus shipping

~PENDING~#2 100% forest green silk dupioni~PENDING~

3 yards x 60"

medium to heavy weight silk in a gorgeous deep green. Has some "stubs" in the texture but still maintains a fairly even texture.

green.jpg

Because of technological differences, the color in this photo may not be an accurate depiction of the fabric color.

ASKING: $30 plus shipping

I accept all forms of Paypal. Please PM or e-mail me for shipping estimate and Paypal address. Priority Flat Rate boxes start at $8.95, although I might be able to cram these into envelopes for as little as $4.60

Willing to trade for:

2 yards 100% black wool flannel, medium weight

4 yards 100% white linen, 3.5oz or lighter, handkerchief weight

1 yard 100% wool, 3.5 oz weight in any color

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

OK... this isn't period fabric......

But I make animal mascots, and end up with large scraps of fake fur..... the scraps are too small for me to keep, so I just take them to the dump.....

But for someone that makes teddy bears or stuffed animals, they are large enough to use ........ let me know what color fake fur you want, and when I make something with that color, I can send you the larger scraps.......

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATED!

As of Sept. 2009, this is what I have:

-Green cotton velveteen. 3+ yards. No stains. Looks great, just don't want the green. Will trade for blue velveteen or some other fabric, buttons, boning, lacing/trim, etc. Interested, PM or email me to work on trade.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 year later...

All the posts here are from last year. Has anyone anything currently to offer? This is a great idea to get rid of what you doint need and find that which you do :):)

Also I am lookinng for black, deep navy or crimson raw silk ribbon about one to two inches wide. I can't find it anywhere :blink:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 1 year later...

Looking in the workshop as I clean I have found a bit of leather scrap, from buckskin to thicker stuff.........Free to the asking party, but I will accept a "donation" for shipping.....

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

Looking in the workshop as I clean I have found a bit of leather scrap, from buckskin to thicker stuff.........Free to the asking party, but I will accept a "donation" for shipping.....

Any doeskin? Is there enough to make at least a pair of breeches?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I could do a pair of breeches for my daughters doll!! Mostly smaller scraps, might be enough for a pouch, but I have not got it all together for a picture yet.

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

• 1 year later...

Yeah, the Tandy near me always has tons of rabbit pelts. I'd definitely recommend them.

Also, this thread totally needs to be resurrected. It was a great idea.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 4 weeks later...

Momma needs a new Robe A L'Anglaise...

...so she's selling/trading off bits and pieces to get some space and $.

Period Correct (for The most part) 005

Heavy Duty and Upholstery. Some green cotton twill. $10+ shipping

Period Correct (for The most part) 004

Pretty but not period. Black, Pink, and two matching pieces of Chocolate Brown polyester shantung. Some crimson poly taffeta. $10+ shipping

Period Correct (for The most part)

The Big Period Pile: reclaimed blue and white cotton curtain with ruffle, some cotton prints that look almost 19th C, some other cotton prints, some printed cotton ticking. Good for a quilt. $20+ shipping (it's a good armload, so expect shipping to be a bit more).

Bigger pieces to come! Paypal acct available.

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.

Just posted nine different yardages of fabrics collected over the years. Highlights include one 100% cotton, one velveteen, and two possibly 19th C/ Civil War reproduction fabrics, all enough for either a waistcoat, whole or front, or a full dress. Varying yardages, smalles is 2yds and change, the largest one is about 8-10 yds.

Fabric Yardage 002

Fabric Yardage 001

Fabric Yardage 003

Fabric Yardage 004

Fabric Yardage 009

Please visit my gallery for more!

Will sell at $3/whole yard + shipping. Please bear in mind that the larger yardages will cost more in shipping. 8 yds of medium weight cotton is a pain in the butt.

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.