TAKE NOTICE

Recruitment3copy.jpg

Contact William Red Wake or Dorian Lasseter via PM or Email...

or

in the Ward Room

http://www.the-watchdog.com/Chat

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Drums fingers on table where quill and ink lay beside the papers, waiting for those hearty men to come and sign*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

In his other hand BriarRose offers Captain Lasseter a pipe with aromatic tobacco, and a warm lingering Kiss to make him feel better while he waits.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Midnight approaches the table and eyes the quill from the shadows of his large, dark hat brim...

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I see you eyeing the articles there. Do you mean to come aboard, sah?

Indeed I will, sir. I am currently in the mood for an adventure, if'n ye know what I mean...**wink**wink**

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Excellent.........

I'll wait a bit longer for more of you...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye, Darlin' Dear, would you be wantin' a fine pipe to smoke and a sifter of Brandy to quench yer thirst while ye wait? Or perhaps a mug of Rum?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

*a slender youth of medium height stumbles through the door as if propelled by a strong gale*

Uhm . . .sorry, sorry . . .

*the youth, in his attempts to remain inconspicuous, inadvertently stumbles over a chair and falls across the table at which Lasseter sits, nearly spilling the bottle of ink*

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

Dorian steadies the inkwell.

"Have a care, Lad..."

He looks the youth over a moment and puts a hand to his chin.

"Have ye a mind fer adventure? If so... Find yer way here;

Cap'n Brand n' I would have words with ye..."

He sits back and sees what may come next...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Me an' me bruddah been nearly trown outta one yarn. Dunno if'n we b' 'llowed 'n 'nother.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

Ah, but you were welcomed back with open arms, and have now been offered free drinks. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Dorian steadies the inkwell.

"Have a care, Lad..."

He looks the youth over a moment and puts a hand to his chin.

"Have ye a mind fer adventure? If so... Find yer way here;

Cap'n Brand n' I would have words with ye..."

The lad makes a wild grab for the papers he has scattered across the desk and onto the floor. As he does so, he knocks his wide-brimmed felt hat askew and the length of a fat braid of dark hair falls out. The youth stumbles backwards, trying to adjust his(?) hat and tuck the braid back beneath the crown. He eyes Lasseter.

"Adventure, sir? I'm only looking for an honest day's wages, sir."

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

Ah, but you were welcomed back with open arms, and have now been offered free drinks. :(

Aye. Free drinks. 'lways seems t' get me brudder an' I inta trouble there.

:(

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

*Walks up to Dorian and gives him a hard look.*

No doubt you have a bias against formerly dead crewmembers. I will, however, indulge meself with a draught of your fyne rum.

*he drains nearly half the bottle*

Good luck with all that then, and my compliments to Capt. Brand. Not to mention yourself. And the rum. :unsure:

Ta!

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?