Preparing for Halloween

Matusalem

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collinwood Manor had our opening night tonight and was a great success. We had about 200 visitors pass through, our new maze/dot room was awsome. There was much screaming and laughter and we even had confirmed peetalities. Not from children either, lol. I can't wait till tomorrow.

Just as we were about to close, a police car showed up. We weren't too sure at first why they were here but they just wanted a tour. After we gave them a good scare, they called their other friends to come by so we could scare them too. At nearly 2 am, (we closed at 9) we had some more great folks from the Irondequoit police dept. come through and they will be patrolling the yard for us during the night. I love my neighborhood.

We did have a strange incident happen this afternoon. A little boy, about 6 yrs old, fully costumed and no shoes, came walking into the yard all alone. Apparently, while mom was sleeping he decided to go trick or treating. Needless to say, my husband walked him home and mom was very greatful. Extremely upset, but grateful. lol Tonight the dad was here to thank us with his brother, but the little boy was grounded for the evening. At least he'll be allowed to come back tomorrow with his parents.

I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Well, I almost didn't get the AV projector from work, but I did get the night before Halloween....gave me a couple of hours to slap something together. I just put the costume and a styrofoam wig head on a microphone stand. It came off far more scarier than I anticipated (...in a Marilyn Manson video kind of way) . Yea...the wonders of video animatronics! It stopped a couple of passing cars and gave me a little praise but mostly bewilderment.....though I think I scared away a few small children.

HAL6.jpg

I re-pasted the

HAL2.jpg

HAL3.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

The smoke machines never arrived..... but the dishwaRsher had one.... so gotta play with that... (dang... you relly gotta chill the smoke to make it work...)

BUT NEXT Halloween is going to be even better.......

And.... rats..... didn't get any pictures of the inside bar...... the cut-outs and black curtains.... and alla th' fun stuff.....

But it turned out cool..... and I got a standing ovation fer my work.... so that was fun......

DANM.....I DID GOOD........

And NEXT Year willl be even better........................ :rolleyes:

Patrick, Matusalem, captjack: congratulations and awsome job all. I love the pics and video.

This year was by far our best Halloween. We had around 600 visitors last night and distributed about 100 lbs of candy. The weather was perfect, the crowds were wonderful and our actors and props worked their magic all night long. At one point the news showed up and was interviewing folks but the story at 11 only had pics of the dot room and some other props. Thats just fine by me. I hope to get some pics posted later this evening. I probably won't get the video done till after PIP though.

I can't wait for next year.

Patrick, Matusalem, captjack: congratulations and awsome job all. I love the pics and video.

:lol::lol:B):lol:

....and you too, haunting Lily.......that awesome gargoyle gate and everything.

:lol:

Silkie, sorry to hear about the reflector. I'll keep a sharp eye out for it. ;)

SHIP2-1.jpg

Bummer Post........

I don't know why I keep bothering.... the local costume contest..... the winner was the babe with the big tits wrapped in crepe paper ... will sorta wrapped..... sure she had a nice butt ....... but heck.....

OH well.... life in a small town..........

My wife and myself won second place in a costume contest this year!! Whoo Hoo!! We beat out the half naked women and lost first place to a guy dressed in a $15 dollar penguin outfit...he was a cute little fella...

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

captjack, sounds interesting. Are you anywhere near Rochester?

I finally got some pics put up on photobucket. These are all before the event shots and unfortunately it may be a while before I get the during Halloween pics from our friend. Hopefully it won't be too long.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v289/klc...Halloween%2007/?

captjack, sounds interesting.  Are you anywhere near Rochester?

I finally got some pics put up on photobucket.  These are all before the event shots and unfortunately it may be a while before I get the during Halloween pics from our friend.  Hopefully it won't be too long.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v289/klc...Halloween%2007/?

I am in North Tonawanda...I'd like Marty to come here for a POTC interactive. We have a beautiful historic theatre with original Wurlitzer organ... but the good news is we've got plans for an interactive in Utah, which is not in NY last I checked, unless our Junior NY Senator has changed that! LOL ps, my cousin and aunt lives in Greece. I just take the highway along the lake to get to Rochester-scenic drive.

kttcsignature.jpg

captjack, sounds interesting.  Are you anywhere near Rochester?

I am in North Tonawanda... ps, my cousin and aunt lives in Greece. I just take the highway along the lake to get to Rochester-scenic drive.

You're not too far at all. We get over to your area quite a bit for one reason or another. Let me know next time your in Rottenchester and maybe we can have a drink or coffee.