Sword or Gun

I was looking over Roy the Odd's Cutlass Resource post. The question came up about what do all of the pyrates out there prefer. We all know real pirates favored the gun, but what about us. What say you?

:rolleyes:

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

Shoot first and stab latter.

Now if in me enemies would just cooperate - line up single file, give me 20 seconds between shots, and bring a knife to the gun fight, I'd be very happy! But, noooo, they won't cooperate and I be needin me sword as well. :P

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Aye, a pistol first. Shoot the bastard and then take his cutlass. And the pistol he was foolish enough not to use.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Quite simple.......BOTH :P

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Live by the sword and the gun! It is the other guy who is going to die! :P

Well said Silkie lass :P

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I be reminded of Indiana Jones

Shoots the guy with the scimitar.

Note on that scene.

They had been shooting in the heat all day and I think Ford was not well also. So they are shooting that scene ....AGAIN, and he says forget it and pulls out the pistol. Don't know, that may be urban legend but I like it!

Ahh.., :huh: Captain Jim.., you are a nasty booger when you are in a fight ta be sure sir. I like to be on your side to be sure. !

Grog............, lots of grog..., Then the Gun..........., Really big gun..................., Cannon..., with grape................., Lots of grape.,from a big bore.., from a distance............., then hot mortar shot to burn there sails............, then more grog.....,then more grape .,light the fires...., and grape them to pieces while their dyin to put it out *Wicked-Wicked-Grin* ya see...,just nasty......,. *Grinnin* :huh: -

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Before all else, I will raise my bloody banner awash with a golden moon and stars. This and this alone should be enough to strike the needed blow into the minds of mine enemies, for I once laid down a swath of blood upon the sea sufficient to make my reputation a weapon over the weak of heart.

If this should not prove sufficient, I have some four and twenty guns and a crew of powder mongers anxious to touch off slow match. Add to this the murder guns and marines and my fellows shall make short work of those who choose to stay and perish.

Any boarding that follows will be a symphony of muskets, pikes, pistols, cutlass, knives, mortuary swords, hatchets, axes, boat hooks, and every other edged weapon made for the purpose of slaughter.

Despite all this...when the smoke clears...I will be found armed with a cutlass annointed tip to basket.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I be reminded of Indiana Jones

Shoots the guy with the scimitar.

Note on that scene.

They had been shooting in the heat all day and I think Ford was not well also. So they are shooting that scene ....AGAIN, and he says forget it and pulls out the pistol. Don't know, that may be urban legend but I like it!

I knew some of the folks involved. Apparently, it isn't an urban legend. They had this big whip-scimitar fight planned and it had been a long day. After several takes, he just whipped out the gun and they decided that would work.

RHJMap.jpg

Well considering that I have two hands..I'd like one for each,

I like to have a choice :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Okay sounding like a broken record here, live by pistol shot first, sword second and die by the rope... ;)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Pistol if the damned bugger is annoying and I want to dispose of them quickly.

Otherwise, if that bleedin' fool deserves it... it's the sword... so they can die a slow, painful and insufferable death. Ditto with my dagger.

The tomahawk I use to disable a fool then I'll run them through with the sword or put them out of their misery with the pistol or carbine.

Now, if I want to be VERY vicious and savage... I'll use my fingernails aka claws!

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Live by both, die by neither. ;)

(And, no offense, Captain, but I'll pass on the rope as well.)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Live by the armbar and RNC. Die by sword AND pistol.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum