Pirates Dinner Adventure Theatre

Ahoy all!

Went to the Pirates Dinner Adventure Theatre last night with friends. I must say their show has really improved there. It was fantastic. More stunts, great sword play and a really good story line.

The food was good for a dinner theater. Everything was hot and cooked correctly. The beer, wine and soda made many rounds. Well worth the price of admission.

Plus they welcome you in costume.

New is the VIP lounge. It has better libations and appetizers before the show and you can upgrade to prime rib at dinner as part of the package. Plus you can watch all the show from behind a one way glass. A good space, complete with the governor making the rounds. Well worth the additional price if you want to make a special occasion of it. Oh, and it includes front row seating so you're right in the action.

Next time you're in Orlando visiting the mouse, check out the theater.

-- Sir Henry

"Land only holds promise if men at sea have the courage to fight for it."

- Sir Henry

Really, they did not mind people showing up in Garb, sound good to have a Birthday party there or something with a small group o pyrates. Did you have to tell them ahead of time you will be arriving 'dressed to kill'?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

No, they welcome it actually. They love people in costume in the audience. It adds to the show. No need for advanced warning, though I wouldn't bring the stickers with you or any real flintlock. Otherwise, open season. This is the fourth time we've been their in our regalia...

-- Sir H.

"Land only holds promise if men at sea have the courage to fight for it."

- Sir Henry

I went to the one in Buena Park in their first month of operation. It was most excellent fun, except for the pre-show lounge. The lounge suffers from too many people and from too many people ordering mixed drinks so that those of us wanting a quick soda or water needed to wait an eternity in line. The show itself is fun. It's very acrobatic and it gets volunteers from the audience to participate. I'm hoping to go again soon, but now that they're advertising on TV I wonder if it won't be even more crowded.

Went to the one in Orlando a few years back. It was a blast! The snotties had a great time of it...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I've been to the one in Buena Park - in garb. They love it and so do the other guests. You don't have to let them know, just show up in whatever pirate gear you want, but beware, be sure and keep the sticky-pointy things at home (it's not that they don't allow it, it's just that you're sitting and eating in somewhat confined areas, so too many goodies on your garb could prevent you from having a great time).

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the one in Buena Park this April. I concur, it's a good time. I like the audience participation aspect. Food is simple, but tasty. Not sure who had the better time, me or the kids.

I called them in advance to ask about garb (having been a little dense about the same subject at Disneyland that morning, doh!*). The folks at Pirates Dinner Adventure said pirate garb is "encouraged, but not necessary."

(*For reference, the folks at Disney don't allow costumes on adults. They apparently need to be able to tell the guests from the actors at all times, for reasons of safety/security/liability. Dopey me...) ;)

• 1 month later...