So Wot's your addiction

It is believed that the forerunner of the Lipizzan was bred in Carthage, more than 2,000 years ago. The Carthaginian stock was bred to the Vilano, a sturdy Pyrenees horse, and with Arab and Barbary strains. The result became the fabled Andalusian of ancient Spain.

Is he not gorgeous..I prefer the darker colors..bold and rich..

783LivingImages.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Raises hand** YES, Halloween! The bestest of holidays.

Weel, you guys and your big horses are fine, but I'll stick with me Arabs. Quick, graceful, run all day, and too smart for their own good! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

oh I fell in love with an Arab once..gunmetal gray named Caliber..a real charmer he was, but his lip was messed up, had caught it in the gate.

We have had a few arabs, They are very smart, but all the ones we had were clumsy.

However the smartest horses I have seen so far have been the mustangs..my mother has adopted three so far and they are calm, very sure footed, thick bodies and very intelligent..

But still will stick with my andi's..only cause I cannot have one...

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Yes but you are small enough to look well on one... my legs would trail on the ground.... :lol::lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

:lol::lol:;) Who said Im small? Have ye seen me pic?

Hmm for Halloween I used to dress as Elvira, but that was when my hair was longer.. Had all the neighborhood boys at me house...

I'm sure each breed has its best and worst... I had a thoroughbred for Rev. War... he knew and understood every drum command on the field... at one drill, we charged a group of Brits who had bayonets charged... I let him do his own thing... he galloped right up, stopped at a safe distance then walked forward and knocked the end of the gun with bayonet out of the way and proceeded to push his way through the line... NOW THAT was some animal!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I agree. People all have their own prefrences to their mounts, and each has good and bad qualities. I would settle for a warlander.

Im addicted to a good thunderstorm with a lightning show.

Ooh, Syren, we need to find a good place park, grab a fine drink, and chat. We have too much in common! I LOVE thunder storms. The most awesome one I ever watched, was from the rim of the Grand Canyon. The storm was down in the canyon, and we looking down on the lightning. Very kewl!

My husband and I like to go to the coast if a storm is predicted, and hang out on the boat. (Safely moored, of course), and ride out the winds and rain, thunder and lightning. It's grand!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Oooh - I LOVE watching thunderstorms. There was a terrific one off the coast of Jamaica that I watched for hours.

And I'm partial to Arab/Quarterhorse mixes. You get the gait and smarts of the Arabian with the responsiveness and turn-on-a-dime ability of Quarterhorses.

RHJMap.jpg

Okay, Red Handed Jill, you better join Syren and me at the table! :lol:

Actually, my last two horses - one is full Arab, the other is Arab/Quarter cross. A beauty, if I don't say so meself. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oooh - I LOVE watching thunderstorms. There was a terrific one off the coast of Jamaica that I watched for hours.

And I'm partial to Arab/Quarterhorse mixes. You get the gait and smarts of the Arabian with the responsiveness and turn-on-a-dime ability of Quarterhorses.

Thoroughbred/Quarter is a great mix as well... get the looks and size of the former and the brains and great nature of the later...

Crewe of the Archangel

In another lifetime, I owned a triple registered buckskin, quarterhorse, Smokey Fleet, that I showed western Equitation, western pleasure, halter, color classes, trail obstacle courses, gymkana and a host of other events and won a whole lot of ribbons, crystal ware, goblets etc.

SmokeyFleet2.jpg

SmokeyFleet.jpg

The pair of you look grand, Rumba! :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Brilliant Rumba!!!!!! :lol:;);):lol:;)

Crewe of the Archangel

Thunderstorms

Coffee

Strawberry Twizzlers

Peanut M & M's

Drambuie and Disaronno

I am sure I have more.

:P:P

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• 2 weeks later...

I found that I have some more addictions.... ;)

Mountain Trail Mix

Indulgent Trail Mix

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Tonight it would be Grand Mariner in a fine Baccarat snifter (plundred of course) and a slice of dark cherry cheesecake, with dark chocolate drizzled on the plate...sinful! :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

In the Summer..the lazy hours after the beach when you just feel like Jello. Oh and a Pina Colada huzah for frosty frou frou drinks

In the Fall Raspberry Hot Chocolate and this seasons new boots. At least two pair.

In the Winter my Down (winterman) comforter. The rush of airside snow ops at the airport and of course Christmas.

In the Spring Washington DC in April and smores outside on a fire

Inbetween? Ya just never know...

• 3 weeks later...

Well...okay..I DO know..

but I'm not sayin.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm, the smell of fresh lavendar soap.

The smell of me Husband...mmm, what a Wonderful scent he has.

The smell of the Autumn air with the pungent aroma of apples, leaves and pumpkins.

Last night a tall glass with cranberry juice and vodka.....mmmm, vundabar!

So many addictions.....I guess I will have to keep posting on this thread.

:o